BMW Thailand unveils 520d Sport

snoop1130

BMW Thailand unveils 520d Sport

By The Nation

bfbf789605c933f0fda8da065f1ceafb.jpeg

BMW Thailand recently celebrated the delivery of six BMW 520d Sports to the Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park.

The BMW 520d Sport has diesel powertrain and a sportier character, 18-inch double-spoke light alloy wheels and high-gloss shadow line.

The interior has a fine-wood trim in poplar grain grey with pearl chrome highlight trim, leather steering wheel and sport seats. It has BMW Gesture Control and a touch-control display.

Powered by a two-litre, four-cylinder BMW TwinPower Turbo diesel engine that produces up to 140 kW/190 hp, the BMW 520d Sport has a peak torque of 400 Nm, which lets it accelerate to 100 km/h from a standstill in just 7.5 seconds and reach a top speed of 235 km/h. 

Paired with an eight-speed Steptronic gearbox, the engine averages 20 km/l in fuel consumption and emits 132 grams of CO2 per km.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354385

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-9-13
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

This is from the BMW's 5 series UK brochure. That 2 liter twin turbo diesel engine is a gem!

Clipboard01.jpg.475fc9b6aeac28beaec69875565df2eb.jpg

Interesting figures thanks.

However I notice that the CO2 figures above say 102g/km but in the article

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Paired with an eight-speed Steptronic gearbox, the engine averages 20 km/l in fuel consumption and emits 132 grams of CO2 per km.

Big difference.....

4 hours ago, topt said:

However I notice that the CO2 figures above say 102g/km but in the article

Big difference.....

The difference can be explained by the new WLTP CO² tests they started to do in Europe since this month. Compairing the old tests the results now are higher.

So if they both use the other test the both numbers are right.

Just now, imcagr said:

Really, why people keep buying diesel crap in 2018 is beyond understanding when knowing that they might even be banned in EU in the future...

Not in LOS...Diesel is cheap, has more power than many petrol rides. Tell me about diesel crap rides...Would be interested...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I've got a 520d (184hp), its powerful and frugal but I'd never buy another BMW, look up BMW 2 litre diesel camchains and you'll see why!! 3 series, 5 series x series they all snap meaning big bills as its engine out time.

BMW service was rubbish too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tigger01 said:

Well I've got a 520d (184hp), its powerful and frugal but I'd never buy another BMW, look up BMW 2 litre diesel camchains and you'll see why!! 3 series, 5 series x series they all snap meaning big bills as its engine out time.

BMW service was rubbish too!

Dont you mean "is" rubbish if you still have one..?.Its certainly not Honda / Toyo standard Nationwide i must agree,but what is.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, imcagr said:

Really, why people keep buying diesel crap in 2018 is beyond understanding when knowing that they might even be banned in EU in the future...

It's not exactly easy to drive from here to the EU though ... so does that fact matter

When we first came to live here full time (1997) we bought a 520d ... nice car ... sold it five years later and lost a bomb! Sold before timing chain problem fortunately.

Edited by JAS21
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, transam said:

Not in LOS...Diesel is cheap, has more power than many petrol rides. Tell me about diesel crap rides...Would be interested...

I am not interested in car with less than 400 hp and I hardly find anything I like with diesel engines...

But yes, maybe for old guys or family guys, even though anybody smart should know that they should be banned everywhere in the world, I can understand that some people think (?) that they are useful...

8 hours ago, imcagr said:

I am not interested in car with less than 400 hp and I hardly find anything I like with diesel engines...

But yes, maybe for old guys or family guys, even though anybody smart should know that they should be banned everywhere in the world, I can understand that some people think (?) that they are useful...

400HP ..what is the is proper units ... think my Everest nearly has that ... morning ?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Will E Vormer said:

Obviously HP is not the first thing you look for in a quality turbo diesel

I like the Redneck Mudfest Trucks on You Tube, they are not my fav for Saloon Cars though.Its about as stupid as putting a Benzine Camry engine in a WeeGo Toyo Truck or visa versa.

13 hours ago, imcagr said:

You want a ride for drag racing then....Or the stop light drags....Great...?

I don't think you understand the difference between petrol and diesel regarding possible HP from either, after all a diesel won the Le Mans 24 hour endurance race against all those petrol rides..

As for old guys, well some of their diesels will trounce a petrol at the stop light drags...Something to do with low rpm torque over a petrol....?

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

There is a guy on another thread stupidly saying that the Honda City is a bigger car than a Land Rover Evoque.  He will no doubt try to debate that the Honda City is faster than a BMW 520d. But be warned he has a garage full of Porches and M cars so he may question the specification of the 520d.  After saying that than I would rather have a 520d than a Honda City .

On 9/14/2018 at 1:15 PM, transam said:

Thais love their diesel pickups - low excise taxes and can throw 20 rellies in the back. They ain't going anywhere in this neck of the woods. 

19 hours ago, Esso49 said:

There is a guy on another thread stupidly saying that the Honda City is a bigger car than a Land Rover Evoque.  He will no doubt try to debate that the Honda City is faster than a BMW 520d. But be warned he has a garage full of Porches and M cars so he may question the specification of the 520d.  After saying that than I would rather have a 520d than a Honda City .

Hi everyone, I'm the guy Esso49 is talking about. Actually I said the legroom is slightly bigger, I never said the car is bigger. Some folks have a problem with reading comprehension. But yes please mention it in every thread.

I do have a garage full of fun cars to drive. But Esso49 does not believe so. Since we are on the topic,  I just purchase a 630GT last month! Its a nice car to drive, space wise its comparable to a 7 series but cheaper! I'll take some pics when I get home today! You can check it out tomorrow! Yes we can debate about the looks, I still prefer the look of a normal 7 over the GT.

Yes BMW are a pain to fix due to the electronics, but diesel versions are a lot more reliable. I talk to the service tech, they say they have less problems with diesel engines. Perhaps something to do with the engine running cooler?

I sold my 2004 520d a couple years ago with over 300,000 km on the clock. Never had a problem with the car. Compare to my 2003 M3 and 2004 7 Series, these cars had a few electrical and transmission problems and were a nightmare to fix.