The 90 day reporting mailing procedure

45 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Your posted Immigration announcement is very old.

A 5 baht stamp?

The 90 day overstay notification ?

The information on the new website should be followed in my opinion.

The file is dated January of 2015 so not really that old. Edit: Announcement was posted on 4 Sept 2014. https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=589af08a3071e02b9c9be073

There are some people that will say 3 baht is enough and use it on the return envelope. The 10 baht shown on the immigration website seems excessive to me. The amount for the postage is not really that relevant. When I was doing mine by mail a I sent it by EMS and put 37 to 40 baht on the return envelope for EMS. I sent them so they would arrive by the 7 days before date but had couple get there later.

The overstay line apparently is an error in translation. 

The info on the new website is identical as to what is shown on the Bangkok immigration website. http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days  I personally think it should say that it is Bangkok specific since it shows the address for Chaneng Wattana immigration on it.

19 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

My office will process it as long as it's received before the report date, but you'll get a sharp note telling you to they should receive it 15 days before as per Immigrations website.

The website states this "Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification". I read that to mean mailed 15 days before the due date.

I think it is really pedant to put the sharp note about receiving it 15 day before.

I really think they put that on the website to insure they get it by the 7 days mentioned in the announcement.

If you consider it to be a15 to 7 days window before the report date that it is identical to the requirements for online reports.

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There are some people that will say 3 baht is enough and use it on the return envelope.

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The website states this "Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification". I read that to mean mailed 15 days before the due date.

Yes, it actually is, When I ask post office to put stamps on the envelope they usually weight what should be returned, and then they put a 3 Baht stamp. I have never sent with EMS to them, registered letter only and they have always got in time except from one time when I posted it 14 days in advance, and the last time they signed the documents out 16 days in advance, and they still gave me the red stamp reminding me to send 15 days in advance. So maybe they need to receive it at least 15 days in advance.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think they are about the only office that has that requirement. I think they say that to insure it is delivered prior to the actual 7 days before the report date requirement. Registered mail is not exactly the fastest delivery in some cases.

That is just old info I think. It does not matter if you mail it, do it online or in person they will start the new 90 days from the date you do the report. The new website does not have that line on it. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

I've been mailing in the 90 report for 15 yrs, posted 14 days before (easy to remember) certified, plus Bt5 SAE, Bt 23 total from PO Siam Discovery. You get a week's grace for their late delivery. But it's never failed. I don't understand why people go out the Chaeng Wattana. Traffic's awful. Next report 19th Sep.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

I've been mailing in the 90 report for 15 yrs, posted 14 days before (easy to remember) certified, plus Bt5 SAE, Bt 23 total from PO Siam Discovery. You get a week's grace for their late delivery. But it's never failed. I don't understand why people go out the Chaeng Wattana. Traffic's awful. Next report 19th Sep.

If you send to Chaeng wattana then I guess you always get that stamp that tells you "Next time, please send 15 days before due date"

Thank you all for the clarifications. I am 100% sure that if anyone here were in charge, the process would be send us the forms BEFORE your 90 days due date expires (within a month) before and we will sent the mail back with a 90 report that is due in 90 days after the other has expired. Could it be as easy as making ONE/TWO photocopy(ies) of a calendar (two years, if spread over 2 years) and circle all of the due dates. AO put a stamp/initial on the page when received and sends it back. They could even reuse the 2nd year for the next extension? Any issues with that idea? Any other ideas?

I wonder why they don't skip the 90 day report totally? You need to report your adress when you renew the VISA/Extension of stay anyway (also every time you re-enter the country if you go to a trip) and instead tell people they have to report if they move/change adress within 30 days, and give people a heavy fine if they fail to report the new adress in time. With the standard "Dubble fine", if caught.

Edited by Eaglekott

On 9/14/2018 at 10:07 AM, Eaglekott said:

When I send to Chaeng Wattana I have to send in At least 15 days in Advance, or I get a red stamp saying "Next time, Please send 15 days before due date.  Last time I did send in 18 days in Advance and they even signed signed out the registered document 16 days in advance, and I still got this stamp.

This only happened to me on my most recent report, when I was definitely a day late. Usually I get it sent off about 17 days before but in this case there was a weekend involved and I had to send it on a Monday. It would have arrived at immigration 14 days prior to the 90 days - this was the first time I got the stamp. I always use EMS to guarantee next day delivery, but on this occasion it was later afternoon and I think I missed the day's collection, hence the 14 days. 

• 5 months later...

When I send to Chaeng Wattana I have to send in At least 15 days in Advance, or I get a red stamp saying "Next time, Please send 15 days before due date.  Last time I did send in 18 days in Advance and they even signed signed out the registered document 16 days in advance, and I still got this stamp.

Another irritating thing is that on their homepage is says "Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt" This has never worked and I loose about a week of every 90 day report.

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 12.22.39.png

IMG_1123.JPG

Hi Eaglekott - Has this been clarified for you yet?  I am in the same situation and keep getting the red stamp to "Next time, please send 15 days before the due date" from Chaeng Wattana.  I have tried to send 18 or 19 days before the due date to be safe and it clearly arrives by registered mail 15 actual days before the due date and I still get the red stamp.  This time they did not process and returned everything to me.  Am I sending too early?  Should I instead send in the window 15 to 7 days before the due date (e.g., 14 days before the due date)? Many thanks.

On 2/25/2019 at 8:41 PM, yamadajr said:

Hi Eaglekott - Has this been clarified for you yet?  I am in the same situation and keep getting the red stamp to "Next time, please send 15 days before the due date" from Chaeng Wattana.  I have tried to send 18 or 19 days before the due date to be safe and it clearly arrives by registered mail 15 actual days before the due date and I still get the red stamp.  This time they did not process and returned everything to me.  Am I sending too early?  Should I instead send in the window 15 to 7 days before the due date (e.g., 14 days before the due date)? Many thanks.

Last I manage to do on line, but I start to believe you should send with less than 15 days, but not more.

38 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

Last I manage to do on line, but I start to believe you should send with less than 15 days, but not more.

Yes, I believe so.  Actually, I have been successfully submitting by mail-in to Chaeng Wattana for the past several years (usually mailing anywhere from 16-18 days before the due date) and never had any issues until the last couple submissions.  So I mailed even a bit earlier this time and still got the red stamp and surprisingly everything returned with no approval. 

I think the wording of "at least 15 days before the due date" is a bit confusing.  In reality, it seems like they want to receive in the 15 to 7 day window similar to the online reporting.  So if you use Registered Mail which for me is always fast and arrives the next day (where weekends and holidays are not involved), then you should physically mail on exactly day 15 before the due date or perhaps day 14 or 13 before would be ok as well.  I guess only where Registered Mail was slow delivery for you should you send 16 or 17 days before to be sure it arrives in the 15 to 7 day window.

I just re-mailed my current notification 14 days before the due date so will see if that is better this time. Thanks.

On 2/25/2019 at 8:41 PM, yamadajr said:

Exactly the same for me. Seems I've been working on the assumption that it needed to arrive on immigration's desk not later than 15 days before the 90 day due date, where as it should be not earlier than! 

Another irritating thing is that on their homepage is says "Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt" This has never worked and I loose about a week of every 90 day report.

1412454547_ScreenShot2018-08-30at12_22_39.png.939493912633f1f10a7185e4243db815.png
IMG_1123.JPG.98c92e71f2a880b4d9cc597b0e7eda3c.JPG

I had the same stamp. I posted 16 days before they recorded my report on the 80th day and my next report is on day 170. Does this explain fines levied in the old days and why people needed to be given a next report day?

Here on Koh Samui they do not allow reporting on line I think we must be the only ones in Thailand who do not have this facility so next week I will spend a 3 hour round trip just to say hello as I live on the neighbouring island of Koh Phangan it’s an absolute pain in the @$$ . My friend was doing his 10 days ago and asked when it would be up and running they told him he has to keep coming in person ???

I believe that the Immigration Act says that the 90 day report can be done by mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The problem with it is they send it back through the normal post and they can and do get lost. Happened to me, then you have to get a lost doc report from the cops first. Immigration seemed to think it was my fault it had not turned up and were quite awkward about it. Never done it since but anyway my new office does 'not really do postal'.

The problem with it is they send it back through the normal post and they can and do get lost. Happened to me, then you have to get a lost doc report from the cops first. Immigration seemed to think it was my fault it had not turned up and were quite awkward about it. Never done it since but anyway my new office does 'not really do postal'.
I use EMS for the return envelope. Never had an issue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I wonder why they don't skip the 90 day report totally? You need to report your adress when you renew the VISA/Extension of stay anyway (also every time you re-enter the country if you go to a trip) and instead tell people they have to report if they move/change adress within 30 days, and give people a heavy fine if they fail to report the new adress in time. With the standard "Dubble fine", if caught.

The 90 day report was never required until it was pointed out that it was required by the Immigration Act(the law) . A whole new department was created especially for it.

The latest instructions Immigration sent me specified a 10bt stamp. I remember when post offices were nationalized in UK, a postage stamp was a way of collecting revenue. Legal documents often required a stamp. 10 Bt is far more than required for postage so I assume that it is for reasons of revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I use EMS for the return envelope. Never had an issue.

Same, send by EMS, prepaid return envelope also EMS. 74 baht plus a few baht on photocopies, it's quite an easy job. I even pre-write the forms and envelopes for the next time while I'm doing it. 

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

Same, send by EMS, prepaid return envelope also EMS. 74 baht plus a few baht on photocopies, it's quite an easy job. I even pre-write the forms and envelopes for the next time while I'm doing it. 

Can you please clarify what you say.

The rules says it needs be sent by registered post with a 10 baht stamp on the return envelope.

Did you ask Immigration to use this method or did you just go ahead and do it?

How much to send by EMS?

Prepaid return envelope you say is returned by EMS. You write on the return envelope EMS do you? What stamp value do you put on the return envelope?

And which immigration office do you use?

How long have you used the EMS method?

Thank u.

2 minutes ago, homeseeker said:

The rules says it needs be sent by registered post with a 10 baht stamp on the return envelope.

Ignore this, it's just poor communication by immigration. Whatever prepaid return envelope you send is the envelope immigration will use, so if you use regular post, expect a slipshod delivery service.

In the post office, you need to tell them send by EMS, and return by EMS. The outgoing envelope will have a sticker, but the enclosed envelope will have a selection of stamps affixed to the value of 34 baht. 

On 9/14/2018 at 11:30 AM, Tanoshi said:

When I used to make the report by mail, I enclosed;

Completed TM47

Prepaid EMS return addressed envelope.

Copies of;

Passport photo and information page.

Current extension.

TM6.

Last entry stamp.

Last 90 day receipt slip.

Wow how you get an ems prepaid return envelope I have enough difficulty getting a 3 bht stamped  adressed envelope back in the pack.

3 hours ago, fisherd3 said:

Wow how you get an ems prepaid return envelope I have enough difficulty getting a 3 bht stamped  adressed envelope back in the pack.

Just asked the Post office for a pre paid EMS envelope.

I then wrote my return address on the envelope and enclosed it with my copies into the pre paid EMS envelope addressed to Immigration.

Simples!

Standard post has no proof of being sent or received.

With EMS it's signed for and trackable.

• Like 1

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 12.22.39.png

IMG_1123.JPG

Same for me (to Chaengwattana). According to EMS Thailand Post attempted to deliver the letter on the 15th day before 90 day report due, but it was a public holiday, so it was delivered the next working day. But from reading these comments aforementioned, I'm wondering if I'm sending it too early...that is they want it delivered within 15-7 days prior?

I always try and do the mail in, in case I have a fail trying to do online reporting, which cannot be done until 12 days prior. (The two dates are totally incompatible.) 

The logic of course...well, we know how that works.

Did you ask Immigration to use this method or did you just go ahead and do it?
How much to send by EMS?
Prepaid return envelope you say is returned by EMS. You write on the return envelope EMS do you? What stamp value do you put on the return envelope?
And which immigration office do you use?
How long have you used the EMS method?
Thank u.

You just go to the post office, with the addresses already written on the 2 envelopes and tell them you want EMS for both. They do the rest. Total cost for me is about 70 baht. They give you the receipt for tracking both envelopes.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I enclose a self addressed biz size envelope with 36 baht worth of stamps on it, and write "EMS" in red ink. That goes inside an A4 size envelope with all my paperwork which I tell the PO to send EMS. I use the Nan office, and have been doing this for years.

• Like 1