Young Thai woman makes shock discovery after deciding to finish with French husband

webfact

42 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Seriously? Have you stopped to consider that the relationship was doomed from the start. She was 23 and with him for 2 years. What 21 year old girl doesn't  develop/evolve/change over time?  It is quite likely that while the older male was ready and willing for marriage, she as a still developing female was not. Some people do  not have the emotional maturity necessary for a stable relationship. And judging from the way this ended, I would not be surprised if the deceased had some emotional issues of his own.

Developing female?  Most Thai ladies have completed emotional /mental development at 15 - 17 years. Regarding the Finn : should be tested for those suicidal anti depressants (P) 

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

22 year age gap is nothing.... especially here.  There are plenty of relationships with age gaps like this that work fine.

It's when it gets to 40 years age gap that it gets silly if the older guy is thinking its a genuine loving family kind of arrangement (like getting married and have kids etc).

I have an old British friend who, at 73 years old, has had the same Thai wife for 30+ years. She's only around 10 years younger than him.

Having spent time Thailand since 1964, he's convinced that a very large age gap is a quite good predictor of an unsuccessful union. And yes, I realize that there are some such partnerships that have been successful.

RIP to the french guy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I am not proud to say I have had three failed marriages but not one of them was worth taking my own life over when it ended. You get up dust yourself down and move on to the next one.

The guy must have had some serious issues.

Feel sorry for his family back in France, and it must have been a real shock for his wife finding him like that, that's the stuff of nightmares

RIP Fella

U talk Like u have witness him hanging himself!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

So so sad ...love, and the prospect of a lonely future can sometimes play havock on the mind 

May the deceased RIP and condolences to all his family, (wife included), loved ones and friends.

You don't have to have a lonely future in Pattaya 

Again should be tested for sometime suicidal anti depressants. I witnessed (same building) a Brit with beautiful Thai wife on Prozac for a week hang himself on curtain line, at about 35.

5 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Very sad story, and i find appallingly distasteful to show a picture of the distraught woman.

Is there no respect for privacy anymore ? A little compassion ??

Ending relationships are extremely painful for everyone involved, probably he could not get over it.

RIP

Nature of today’s media.

in America, the victims are often more than happy to jump in front of the camera though with some being quite vocal about their tragedy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smew said:

Arguments were about money, always the case in Thailand of mixed relationships.

She will not remember his last name in 6 months mark my words. Nice looking young girl like that will be with a new sponsor in 2 weeks ‘

so there aren't people in mixed relationships who both have plenty of money but still argue over other stuff? examples of which there are countless. but it's good to know the facts now as i was unaware. your whole post has enlightened me

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Very sad story, and i find appallingly distasteful to show a picture of the distraught woman.

Is there no respect for privacy anymore ? A little compassion ??

Ending relationships are extremely painful for everyone involved, probably he could not get over it.

RIP

I think the blurred out dead husband is even less tasteful. There definitely need to be limits and proper laws regarding privacy and use of pictures. Wonder if she even gave consent to have her pic published. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Pattaya have women mak mak krap.

He should have gone looking.

46-23 have different demands in life.

The thing is, when he has nothing left in life for himself, what he can do.

Always spend wisely, if you have no kids with your wife. It is not pointing towards Thai woman only, if anyone  having a legal wife without kids, should save your money for the worst days.

...no matter how 'clear cut' this presented to be....

...including the wording of the headline...to be honest....

...the problem is...nobody seems to care to examine all possibilities...

...and there are other possibilities....

...***...

...so they will not even take a blood sample of the deceased...???

...no point in checking cc TV cameras in the vicinity....???

...car tread marks....???

...interviewing the neighbors...???

...examining financial activity and insurance policies...???

....asking or interviewing the deceased's friends...???

...there was another 'case' a few months back...

...the wife claimed the husband disappeared....corroborated only by her 'friend'....and she insisted they 'go on the water'...

...and lo and behold...like it was scripted...the man was found floating in the water...

...and here....describing how 'the wife'....kissed him on the forehead....

...sorry but it sounds like a sick...bad...movie script....

...any death warrants a full investigation....

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

46-23 have different demands in life.

The thing is, when he has nothing left in life for himself, what he can do.

Always spend wisely, if you have no kids with your wife. It is not pointing towards Thai woman only, if anyone  having a legal wife without kids, should save your money for the worst days.

A child seat and a football can be seen in the picture...

4 hours ago, kannot said:

unfortunately you see the true nature of people in the Thais  where any death is simply a  spectacle to be enjoyed, shared on facebook, repulsed at, they have no dignity and very  little  morals, any they  supposedly do have have not  been installed   by compassion but with fear.

RIP to the deceased.

On the same note as per your post, isn't it surprising that 1000's of foreigners are choosing to find partners and live in a country with such people? What could be the underlying hidden reason?

6 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I am not proud to say I have had three failed marriages but not one of them was worth taking my own life over when it ended. You get up dust yourself down and move on to the next one.

Feel sorry for his family back in France, and it must have been a real shock for his wife finding him like that, that's the stuff of nightmares

RIP Fella

I've had three failed marriages too.  They were to Western women and none of the marriages lasted more than a year. Next month I celebrate 45 years of marriage to my wonderful Thai wife.

Very sad about the Frenchman. But marriages with a large age gap don't usually fare well.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

RIP Fella

"You get up dust yourself down and move on to the next one."

l really don't mean this badly but if you've had 3 already clearly this is bad advice particularly in your case. If my marriage ever fails I most certainly will never do it again!

4 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

RIP that Man.  How many times have i heard these Thai girls mates telling them..''Oh; if he don't give you enough money just get another one '' ?

Won't be long before he is replaced because 'Love' of money is far more important to them than 'Love' for another Human Being !

these Thai girls  .... mates .....    money is far more important to them .......  
seems the target group of the remark is not very specific, or am I missing a generalised point you are trying to make ?

will ask my Thai missus tonight after she comes home from work, before you cease the opportunity to ask what time, between 16.00 and 18.00, maybe understands what you are intimating.

by the way, the article did not mention arguments about money, maybe they were fighting about food, who knows.

In any case, sad that the deceased did not see another way out, but cruel of him to use the area facing the front door.

• Confused 1

Whatever the circumstances of the Frenchman dying, the cynic in me doesn't buy the story at all.  Seemingly, they have have had many arguments in the past.  What was different about this one that he decided to go top himself.  And outside -  why?  Another scenario is that, whilst he was asleep on the couch, his wife called her brothers, or her gik and his friends, to come and take care of the husband.  Not to say that this is what actually happened, but it is worth investigating.  Taken at face value, which I don't believe one should, the story is too "pat".  There is also always the time honoured consideration to, "follow the money".

23 minutes ago, ravip said:

RIP to the deceased.

On the same note as per your post, isn't it surprising that 1000's of foreigners are choosing to find partners and live in a country with such people? What could be the underlying hidden reason?

what about: the grass is always greener .....
or escaping masochism experienced in the home country .... ?
or common sense:
both sides decide to make the relationship work and then it does.

5 hours ago, impulse said:

It may be a suicide, exactly as presented by the police in the article.    But I certainly hope they do some investigating before they close the case. 

Looking at things like who would gain (and how much) from his demise, whether there was a love triangle, and other pertinent evidence.  Not only is justice at stake, his loved ones back home deserve the whole story.  And there may also be insurance payout implications depending on the manner of his death.

If the guy was my brother, I certainly wouldn't accept an immediate ruling with no investigation.  At least, not without a note in his handwriting.

Edit:  And if it was a suicide, I'd be less inclined to pin the blame solely on the failure of the marriage.  It may be that the marital problems are simply another symptom of clinical depression that drives many people to suicide if not treated properly.  If, in fact, there is any available treatment in some cases.

In thailand, you probably don't have much say in the matter

The police will decide what happened and then the monks take the body away, it only took an hour or so when my  Japanese neighbour died 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Ah and there's your problem....you get up dust yourself down and move on to the next one.next time you break up try keeping your tackle in your pants for a few months.

Totally right, I been here a few years, not bothered about the women now, it appears MEN sex WOMEN money, you build a relationship on that.

6 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Yeah it was a bit.my last 4 wives left me because they all said I was cold and insensitive.before you ask,I don't like wedding cake I like honeymoons and poking the bridesmaids.....no seriously it looks like this guy was suffering from a sensitivity problem.if I broke up with my one and only wife I would be having a party tonight.the thought of killing myself over a ring and marriage paper would be the last thing on my mind.do you think I should seek some sort of help? 

I think you should seek help from talking about yourself too much.?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

RIP Fella

RE - The guy must have had some serious issues.

May have been trigged by the sad and not unusual fact that he lost it all including the most of his belongings that accidently was put in her name from the very beginning when he believed the marriage would last for ever...

If so, he was not the first and will not be the last...

RIP

Edited by ttrd