TOPS new shop open

Rimmer

4 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Great new addition and (to my thinking) better than the other Tops in town

Serve low cost meals  (a la Foodlands)  and have fresh salad bar

So like the Tops they shut down some time ago at the more conveniently located (for me) Klang and 2nd road location. 

• Like 1

A visit today to this new Tops, and frankly a major disappointment when compared to the Central Festival branch. The size and selection is miniscule in comparison. The bakery (I suspect the items come from CF), meat and cheese departments are tiny. They do have a nice salad bar and there is a food bar too. It's too small to qualify as a supermarket and missing were some of my favorite items from CF store. There are grand opening specials but no reason for me to return. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

A visit today to this new Tops, and frankly a major disappointment when compared to the Central Festival branch. The size and selection is miniscule in comparison. The bakery (I suspect the items come from CF), meat and cheese departments are tiny. They do have a nice salad bar and there is a food bar too. It's too small to qualify as a supermarket and missing were some of my favorite items from CF store. There are grand opening specials but no reason for me to return. 

Yes i popped in as well, nothing special and certainly not worth the trip there unless you are at Big C anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks,we were going to give it a try,wont bother now.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

19 hours ago, ThaiBob said:

Does not qualify as a supermarket? Are we talking about the same place?  It's not as big as the branch in Central but it's certainly not minuscule, its maybe the same size as the other new one on the darkside and is probably two to three times larger than Foodland so how is that minuscule? It has most things and is in a very convenient location for people living across Sukhumvit.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapd said:

There is no Tops in Central.  Not sure what it is you are referring to.

? The Tops in the basement of Central Festival and a great supermarket with meat, dairy, bakery, produce, salad, deli (hot and cold) that are the Tops. 

Edited by ThaiBob

3 hours ago, CatCage said:

Does not qualify as a supermarket? Are we talking about the same place?  It's not as big as the branch in Central but it's certainly not minuscule, its maybe the same size as the other new one on the darkside and is probably two to three times larger than Foodland so how is that minuscule? It has most things and is in a very convenient location for people living across Sukhumvit.    

The selection is miniscule in comparison to Central with a disappointing meat and bakery section. Like Foodland or Friendship this a market, there is a large supermarket next door at Big C and I saw nothing at Tops that was not available next door. What is noteworthy is not what it has but what it lacks.  I believe I saw three checkout stands but not sure, they'll never need more than that. 

35 minutes ago, lapd said:

That is not a Tops.  That is Central Supermarket.  I am assuming it's the same company that runs the Central mall and Central department store.

Ok, same corporate umbrella, I use my 1Card (Central) there (CF) which clearly shows Central, Robinson, Zen, Powerbuy, Central Food Hall, and Tops. Same same. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, lapd said:

Not same same.  Central supermarket is not at all like Tops supermarket.  Just like it's not the same as BigC or Foodland.  Hence the different names.

Hey, Copper,

Check out the Central Festival Web site

which clearly states:

Love the big sign on the stall "ORGANIC"  = double the price. I notice it is used everywhere now; where is the proof is genuinely organic?
You mean you wouldnt trust Thai growers to be truly organic? Well i never.
Ps never bother with overpriced organic stuff myself

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PaulDee said:

Hey, Copper,

Check out the Central Festival Web site

which clearly states:

Just because someone wrote on a 3rd party website, that it is Tops Supermarket does not mean it is correct. 

screenshot_809.jpg.16b7a73c9123680ab9fe1e3f18890e30.jpg

The Supermarket is Central Food Hall and they have only 9 of these Supermarkets in Thailand, so it is somewhat unlikely that they will open a second branch in Pattaya.

screenshot_810.jpg.32e47f8cfa1002587660ef81b3c7d9ee.jpg

I can understand the confusion now. Central Food Hall and Tops are part of the Central Food Group (CFG). Thai Watsadu, Homeworks, Baan and Beyond are part of the Central Home Group. They share the management and distribution systems. When Homeworks closed for remodeling last year staff was moved to Thai Watsadus. 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2018 at 10:04 AM, lapd said:

There is no Tops in Central.  Not sure what it is you are referring to.

I'll bite.

What's the name of the basement level supermarket at Central Festival Plaza Pattaya?

Why do people post  lies like this on sites like Trip Advisor:    https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293919-d1594951-r433088038-CentralFestival_Pattaya_Beach-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

I'll bite.

What's the name of the basement level supermarket at Central Festival Plaza Pattaya?

Why do people post  lies like this on sites like Trip Advisor:    https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293919-d1594951-r433088038-CentralFestival_Pattaya_Beach-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

The name of the basement level supermarket at Central Festival Plaza Pattaya is Central Food Hall and this is the website of that company:

http://www.centralfoodhall.com/en

The website of Tops Supermarket is here:

https://www.tops.co.th/en/

As Thaibob mentioned, both companies belong to

. It is a big group. They also have department stores in Italy, Denmark and Germany.

screenshot_814.jpg.bf03c8959254d1479075ebd69a87c3e4.jpg

On 9/28/2018 at 1:05 PM, ThaiBob said:

im sure they will miss u

Though your description makes it sound better than the usual, I never go to TOPS. It sux everywhere. Villa is far superior...as well as Foodland. Tesco/Lotus and Big C are also better choices than the low selection and high prices at TOPS. To be fair...will have to give it a go. :coffee1:

Edited by Skeptic7