PM Prayut eager for medical marijuana to be legal in Thailand

Legalized medicinal cannabis proposals

nn3.jpg

BANGKOK, 22nd September 2018 (NNT) – Invoking Article 44 of the interim constitution to legalize medical marijuana is merely an idea raised by the academic sector, says Deputy Prime Minister ACM Prajin Juntong. 

DPM Prajin who is also the Minister for Justice said on Friday that the Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB) and the Ministry of Public Health are looking into the benefits of medical marijuana as well as measures to regulate marijuana agriculture, adding that the government will be able to answer more questions in October when it receives all the important information from the two agencies. 

He noted that the prime minister is eager to see a medical marijuana law pass the National Legislative Assembly. The law is now being reviewed by the assembly’s vetting committee. 

As for the proposal to legalize the medical use of marijuana by enforcing Article 44, DPM Prajin said the idea is far-fetched but the government has yet to accept or reject the proposal. 

Source: http://thainews.prd.go.th/website_en/news/news_detail/WNPOL6109220010002

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-09-22
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

He noted that the prime minister is eager to see a medical marijuana law pass the National Legislative Assembly. 

Might turn out to be a shrewd move .. Fiddle about with any possible forthcoming election to endure the right result whilst the populace is stoned and therefore couldn't give a stuff about diddling .. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I have chronic pain, anxiety, seizures, knees hurt, glaucoma, depression, tummy aches, pimples, eczema, hangnails, chronic obesity, fatigue...did I leave anything out? Where do I sign up.?

Yes you did, questionable sanity! ?

• Haha 1

" adding that the government will be able to answer more questions in October when it receives all the important information from the two agencies. "

1. Money in to be made

2. How long it will take to make it. 

Conscripts will have new duties soon: tilling the earth and planting giggle smoke.  Does Maryjane lessen violent tendencies ?  If no more conscripts die, it is an acceptable solution.  They may put on weight though.  Booming trade to have a snack shack near a base. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

If it was legalised then it would open the door for farmers to grow hemp and maybe just maybe get a lot of people out of debt.

And the up side is even the local poor could smoke it and all become "Bertie Bass" and be happy, be happy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAQKifmUUtg

Edited by Esso49
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

If it becomes more accepted and supersedes meth and yabaa.... great news

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yes it would, but only if they legalize the recreational stuff. I doubt they will.

Edited by Vacuum

19 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

He noted that the prime minister is eager to see a medical marijuana law pass the National Legislative Assembly. The law is now being reviewed by the assembly’s vetting committee. 

Me too. 

What ailmemts should I learn the symptoms of?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

I see a walk in medical clinic as a new biz opportunity for the medical entrepreneurs out there.

It's a thriving business in California apparently.

• Haha 1