Trump Supreme Court nominee rejects 'false accusations'

webfact

1 hour ago, Thakkar said:

Are you saying Dr Ford was prepared with her accusation against Kavanaugh since Nov 2016 when Trump’s list of potential nominees was announced?

Don't know, don't care. Not interested in decades old he said/she said arguments unless there was some concurrent reporting of same. If there is irrefutable proof, then that's a different story.

Don't care if Supreme Court nomineess are left leaning or right leaning, though I've always found a balance between the two is nice and makes for better law. I DO care if SC nominees are or have been political operatives in the past (of either stripe), and by all accounts this guy certainly was. If I had a vote I would disqualify him on those grounds.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Don't know, don't care. Not interested in decades old he said/she said arguments unless there was some concurrent reporting of same. If there is irrefutable proof, then that's a different story.

Don't care if Supreme Court nomineess are left leaning or right leaning, though I've always found a balance between the two is nice and makes for better law. I DO care if SC nominees are or have been political operatives in the past (of either stripe), and by all accounts this guy certainly was. If I had a vote I would disqualify him on those grounds.

"Not interested in decades old he said/she said arguments unless there was some concurrent reporting of same."

Lots of concurrent reporting of same now.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Letter sent to Senate Judiciary Committee. Despite repeated allegations, Republican Senators are hell bent on sending a sexual predator to the Supreme Court!

Image.jpg

Maybe. Kavanaugh is looking like toast right now, notwithstanding the Conspiracy Theory crowd here throwing their rattles on the floor.

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, stevenl said:

"Not interested in decades old he said/she said arguments unless there was some concurrent reporting of same."

Lots of concurrent reporting of same now.

You mean he's being accused of committing sexual assault THIS WEEK? Wow! Hold the presses!

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Letter sent to Senate Judiciary Committee. Despite repeated allegations, Republican Senators are hell bent on sending a sexual predator to the Supreme Court!

Image.jpg

It just doesn't ring true, and I'm a guy with two gorgeous daughters whom I worry about constantly. Washington DC had 911 services well before the date you mention and the guy who has been nominated was previously nominated for the DC Circuit Court position. Those were two excellent opportunities to bring up this issue. The concurrent one being the better of the two. That said, I think he's a shitty candidate based on his previously being a highly partisan political operative.

31 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Image.jpg

So he shoved the girl he was banging, up against the wall in a sexual way? And she is still traumatized to this day? 

I wonder how she handled the intimate parts of the relationship? 

Edited by canuckamuck

12 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

So he shoved the girl he was banging, up against the wall in a sexual way? And she is still traumatized to this day? 

I wonder how she handled the intimate parts of the relationship? 

I guess you just darn clean forgot the 'aggressive' bit.

15 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Let's face it, he probably did at least some of this stuff. You can say three accusations is some sort of hit job. But that isn't even the simplest answer. The simplest most logical answer at this point is he probably did some of this stuff. 

I'm an apolitical/atheist, but let's face it, in the absence of religion, which has largely gone by the wayside in Western countries, politics has become the new religion. People will "testify" to almost anything and ignore almost everything if it confirms their belief system.

• Like 1

Students at Kavanaugh's own alumni, Yale, has turned against him as well. So sad when your old University turns against you. It is very telling of his true character!

Yale turns on Kavanaugh

When Yale Law School put out a press release this summer congratulating Brett Kavanaugh, class of 1990, on his nomination to the Supreme Court, hundreds of students and alums expressed outrage.

Looks like someone else is starting to waver on Kavanaugh...

‘I could be convinced’: Trump sends mixed message on Kavanaugh charges

Saying that he intends to watch tomorrow’s hearing, he added: “I could be persuaded, also” about the accusations. Trump said he would withhold any final decision until he had watched the testimony of Christine Blasey Ford, a woman who has accused Kavanaugh of assault when they were both teenagers.

Well...well. When the person that nominates you isn't 100% sure of your character, you got major problems!

Edited by Silurian

28 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Students at Kavanaugh's own alumni, Yale, has turned against him as well. So sad when your old University turns against you. It is very telling of his true character!

Yale turns on

15 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Looks like someone else is starting to waver on Kavanaugh...

‘I could be convinced’: Trump sends mixed message on Kavanaugh charges

Well...well. When the person that nominates you isn't 100% sure of your character, you got major problems!

Regardless of party, the person that nominates you is never concerned about character. It is a much more cold hearted calculation, ie: "will my nominee be confirmed?"

27 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

creepy uncle joe had somethin to say about the fbi during clarence thomas circus.

Yes, that is all correct, and that's been disingenuously distorted by "trump" and his fans. They do not reach CONCLUSIONS. They do INVESTIGATIONS.

Duh!

You get it now. Good!

The sexual misconduct allegations (from multiple women now) against BK have NOT been properly investigated by the FBI. Not at all.  The sleazy president and his TDS (the toxic mental state of still supporting a criminally corrupt president no matter what he says or does) fans have been aggressively resisting such FBI actions.

Yes, it is true, BK has undergone numerous FBI background checks in the past.

But this is NEW information. The sexual misconduct allegations. Normally, that would prompt an additional FBI INVESTIGATION. It could have been done in a matter of days. The hypocrite republican president BLOCKED it as "trump" is the only person who can authorize it. Shame on him and shame on everyone that supports him on this. 

BK for his part play acts that he was an innocent little church boy at Georgetown Prep. We know for a fact that's total B.S. So he lies about that, what else is he lying about? Hmmm.

If B.K. was really innocent and he really wanted to clear his name, he would publicly demand that "trump" open up that NEW FBI INVESTIGATION. His silence is damning!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, that is all correct, and that's been disingenuously distorted by "trump" and his fans. They do not reach CONCLUSIONS. They do INVESTIGATIONS.

Duh!

You get it now. Good!

The sexual misconduct allegations (from multiple women now) against BK have NOT been properly investigated by the FBI. Not at all.  The sleazy president and his TDS (the toxic mental state of still supporting a criminally corrupt president no matter what he says or does) fans have been aggressively resisting such FBI actions.

Yes, it is true, BK has undergone numerous FBI background checks in the past.

But this is NEW information. The sexual misconduct allegations. Normally, that would prompt an additional FBI INVESTIGATION. It could have been done in a matter of days. The hypocrite republican president BLOCKED it as "trump" is the only person who can authorize it. Shame on him and shame on everyone that supports him on this. 

BK for his part play acts that he was an innocent little church boy at Georgetown Prep. We know for a fact that's total B.S. So he lies about that, what else is he lying about? Hmmm.

If B.K. was really innocent and he really wanted to clear his name, he would publicly demand that "trump" open up that NEW FBI INVESTIGATION. His silence is damning!

And now a 5th being reported.  This is madness of one kind or another.  All these allegations need to be thoroughly investigated, and if they are true I hope the judge sees some jail time, but if turns out to be a massive coordinated smear campaign as our right-leaning friends would have us believe, then people need to be punished just the same.

Edited by Slip
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Again, "trump" fans -- keep in mind that a senate confirmation process is supposed to be much more like a job interview than a criminal trial. Beyond a reasonable doubt is about criminal trials. Got it now? Good. 

off topic but why do you put trump in quotes? lol 

2 minutes ago, Slip said:

And now a 5th being reported.  This is madness of one kind or another.  All these allegations need to be thoroughly investigated, and if they are true I hope the judge sees some jail time, but if turns out to be a massive coordinated smear campaign as our right-leaning friends would have us believe, then people need to be punished just the same.

agree but you,dont need to be right leaning to see its coordinated to smear

with admittedly unprovable allegations.

3 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

agree but you,dont need to be right leaning to see its coordinated to smear

with admittedly unprovable allegations.

Then why isn't the good judge demanding the allegations be investigated with all his might?

• Like 1