Bodies of missing British expat and Thai wife found buried in garden, three men arrested

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

With the notable differences being things like:

Much higher frequency in Thailand 

Much higher number of unsolved cases in Thailand 

Much higher likelihood in Thailand that the perps walk free after some time if they are caught at all 

So, not really the same as in our home countries after all. 

I was referring to crimes like this, not the quality of the BiB..In fact in farangland with first class police this stuff still happens..

1 hour ago, tingtongtourist said:

I also read about a cattle ranch and no doubt cars, bikes and the life of Riley.

Of course not, he is not guilty, but it doesnt help your life expectancy here. this is not Kansas.

And to do all that in his wifes name is just another topic of things NOT to do in Thailand.

As i said. sorry about his demise and so on,

but a life like that only draws unwanted attention from

lets just say..people with a limited mentality and education.

if you have to much money and must live like then just go buy a place in Bangkok with surround of big walls and security.

far away from hill-billies.

"lets just say..people with a limited mentality and education."

I could argue that your post shows exactly those traits Sir! 

This guy had put his time in.  He was no wet behind the ears newbie (like you I guess) and had clearly committed to his wife and his life here.  Just because he had a wall and a swimming pool does not necessarily mean that he  was living "the life of Riley", as you put it.

Land up there is cheap as is labour and the materials to build a reasonable house.

Your post veers towards victim blaming, whether you intended it or not.  He was long term married to his wife so your (un?) intended dig at the "all in the wife's name" is distasteful and insensitive.

It seems that you might have suffered at the hands of some bar trollop but, please, do not paint others with the paint of your bad judgement!

5 minutes ago, transam said:

I was referring to crimes like this, not the quality of the BiB..In fact in farangland with first class police this stuff still happens..

Unless someone asked on this thread, as a child might, "does this ever happen in other countries?", such a post is of almost no value. What is the point? 

Anyone with even a semi functioning brain knows that a thing may happen in other countries. 

Frequency, police response, societal reactions, these are the types of things that differ from one country to the next. 

1 hour ago, brling said:

There are no replies on this thread to say that it does not go on in our home countries. btw "trans", you are defending well totay, ie 3 replies and I guess you are not finished yet. How about a link to a murder that happened in the UK or the USA, as that is what the  apologists usually do ?

I am not an apologist, folk posting here about how LOS is so unsafe forget about the stuff that goes on in their own country..My current thoughts about stuff are mainly because for the last month or more l have been watching real life farang  "who done it" programs on tele and how they were solved, and many of the crimes l watched were horrendous...

"Absolute incompetence" I said when I read this, but no I was corrected by my Thai ex wife (did I tell you she is well educated and has her own business), so no, she corrected me, the police were definitely paid off when he was bailed, so there you have it, and before you all leap over me for bashing the Thai police, I would just like to add that there aren't many places that you can pay the police off so easily, as far as I know.

This is certainly another case of greed over brains, I know I'll just pop out and murder my nice relatives in the most gruesome manner and then I will be able to spend their millions...….they should run some sort of TV educational commercial explaining to the Thais that it can become difficult to spend money obtained by murder as they certainly don't seem to understand the concept of arrest and imprisonment !!

If my post comes over as a little facetious then I apologise as this poor couple probably did absolutely nothing to deserve to die like this at the hands of some lazy <deleted> of a hillbilly relative.

4 hours ago, The manic said:

He was bailed for car theft. Normal im most countries in the world.

Not while the owners are reported  missing and blood stains found over their property.any normal police would have him banged up until the owner of that vehicle was found safe and sound.even in the uk if a domestic at a house is reported they want to see both parties and will do a follow up visit later that day or next.he obviously knew more and probably knew they were dead and stole the car.questions should be asked of who arrested him and then gave him bail.pure incompetence by some pathetic police.

This makes me SO angry. A good loving law abiding couple die at the hands of scum. Their love was what we all hope for with a Thai partner - 30+ years of happiness together. The scum live on and unlikely to be hanged or executed. I hope they are all executed including the brother in law. How he was ever granted bail is beyond my understanding.  Thai cops get off your arse, correct you mistake and find this scumbag.

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

Sorry if you or your friends married into a bad family,i married into a fantastic one ,most of my friends have nice familys as well.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yawn.. so your the smart lucky one then??

Bet Alan Hogg thought the same until......   Bam  Bam

34 minutes ago, saminoz said:

"lets just say..people with a limited mentality and education."

I could argue that your post shows exactly those traits Sir! 

This guy had put his time in.  He was no wet behind the ears newbie (like you I guess) and had clearly committed to his wife and his life here.  Just because he had a wall and a swimming pool does not necessarily mean that he  was living "the life of Riley", as you put it.

Land up there is cheap as is labour and the materials to build a reasonable house.

Your post veers towards victim blaming, whether you intended it or not.  He was long term married to his wife so your (un?) intended dig at the "all in the wife's name" is distasteful and insensitive.

It seems that you might have suffered at the hands of some bar trollop but, please, do not paint others with the paint of your bad judgement!

I completely agree. You can compare to white farmers in Africa being murdered by locals because they are successful and contribute to the economy. Jealous rage. Backward countries will always revert to utter poverty unless the government protect those (of any colour or creed) who have and those who create wealth. 

My brother in law (a Swedish man) tried to get me killed 3 times and also did a search on the internet to find someone who was willing to do it, two years ago, but luckily he was too stingy, offered just 5000 baht. My Thai family still does not understand why I refuse to live next door to him.

4 hours ago, Nice Boyd said:

Life is Cheap , here

Life is cheap anywhere low-lifes exist. Thai labor wage is what 300-350/day, even working seven days a week, that's about THB10k/month at most. He just offered the average somchai five months hard-earned salary to off a farang and a woman. 

Archived