Bodies of missing British expat and Thai wife found buried in garden, three men arrested

Jonathan Fairfield

22 minutes ago, car720 said:

Amen.  This is not the end they dreamed of.  Go with God.

This god thing doesn't seem to be very nice by allowing them to be shot and bludgeoned to death just so they can go with him. I'm sure they would rather have left it a little longer. 

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what i have read daughter is now in Thailand to the unenviable task of sorting the aftermath out i hope she is strong enough to force through legal means full imprisonment on the brother (no of this waing becoming a monk etc .. sounds like he is a serial killer anyway.

I wish her well take what you can preferably everything and leave the family to rot

1 minute ago, garyk said:

Wow,  I am curious for some of you long time expats here. Was this kind of violence been going on here 10-20 years ago?

I don't recall reading about it. But there was no social media back then. I don't think it was in all honesty, certainly not as often as it seems to happen now anyway.

every time the police has a likely suspect in custody, he gets bail the next day. Then he runs away after he is implicated some more. There are just too many cases like that, therefore it must be systemic.

Which leads me to believe that the bail system is a) flawed, or b) working as intended... yes, exactly.

14 minutes ago, garyk said:

Wow,  I am curious.  Some of you long time expats here. Was this kind of violence been going on here 10-20 years ago?

Sorry to say, it has been going on since time immemorial, either inter-Thai or, in more recent decades, Thai-foreigner; one may argue the causes - poverty, poor parenting, drugs, alcohol - but the sad fact is that, as an outsider in a rural setting who builds his dream house, and perhaps has a wife from a poor family (no disrespect intended), the couple is all too vulnerable to these type of crimes. RIP the deceased.

16 minutes ago, poohy said:

From what i have read daughter is now in Thailand to the unenviable task of sorting the aftermath out i hope she is strong enough to force through legal means full imprisonment on the brother (no of this waing becoming a monk etc .. sounds like he is a serial killer anyway.

I wish her well take what you can preferably everything and leave the family to rot

Alan's brother is here to help her.

He arrived earlier this week.

1 hour ago, The manic said:

He was bailed for car theft. Normal im most countries in the world.

he was a prime suspect in a murder investigation found driving the victims car. No way in the States would he be cut loose. What was he out on "bail" for? Stealing the victims car! 

1 minute ago, garyk said:

Yea i know, but just wondering about it in past times here.

Well if I go back 65 years to my UK childhood my two friends were found in a shallow grave. If you watch the USA series "Forensic Files" you will see how they solved some incredibly horrific stuff...

3 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

I assume 20k for the thai 30 k for the farang..

great this bail system...

I read yesterday that the BiL was bailed for 200k Baht. Whether on not the police had enough suspicion, beyond his taking the vehicle away from their house, to warrant denial of bail, I don't know; perhaps 'other factors' were at work.

37 minutes ago, Prince77 said:

So sad - really looked like a happy and loving each other couple. For just a 50K Baht, divided by 3 persons ordered by a greedy piece of <deleted> for no obvious reason. Death penalty for all involved after serving 10 years in hell seems to be adequate.

Sad indeed, but as regards the monetary aspect, perhaps the brother thought that with them both out of the way, he would have access to their "fortune" through a Will/inheritance??

He should be hanged after spending a couple of years rotting in the worst Thai jail possible. POS.

Troll posts removed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Alan and Nott were friends, who loved visitors to their rather remote farm. Their generosity and welcome was seemingly boundless - yet this cruel and senseless act ended the lives of a beautiful and loving couple. 

Rest in peace

52 minutes ago, webfact said:

Police arrested Warut and charged him with masterminding the double murders.

Seems there is either confusion over what he was arrested for initially and given bail, or he has been re-arrested.

1 hour ago, neeray said:

We all expected this outcome. So sad. You reach the golden age, build your little piece of heaven and then get murdered by greedy, low life family. 

RIP

Lesson learned, don't buy a beautiful house with swimming pool and big land near from wife's family, find a place far away as possible and build a big wall around the land. Greedy family members are unpredictable and don't care about jail-time. I bet the brother used the 50.000.- he got from the stolen Ford Ranger to pay the 3 hit-men. 

7 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

So he is guilty for his own death for buying a house , a car and a swim pool likely all in his wife name?

I also read about a cattle ranch and no doubt cars, bikes and the life of Riley.

Of course not, he is not guilty, but it doesnt help your life expectancy here. this is not Kansas.

And to do all that in his wifes name is just another topic of things NOT to do in Thailand.

As i said. sorry about his demise and so on,

but a life like that only draws unwanted attention from

lets just say..people with a limited mentality and education.

if you have to much money and must live like then just go buy a place in Bangkok with surround of big walls and security.

far away from hill-billies.

5 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

I also read about a cattle ranch and no doubt cars, bikes and the life of Riley.

Of course not, he is not guilty, but it doesnt help your life expectancy here. this is not Kansas.

And to do all that in his wifes name is just another topic of things NOT to do in Thailand.

As i said. sorry about his demise and so on,

but a life like that only draws unwanted attention from

lets just say..people with a limited mentality and education.

if you have to much money and must live like then just go buy a place in Bangkok with surround of big walls and security.

far away from hill-billies.

First thing to learn in Thailand to have a friendly environment, just share some good things to people around you. When there is a chance, at least share some good food, share something when you return from trips.

Show some affection and courtesy to people around you.It don't have to be expensive, but don't make them feel others you are enjoying too much, where as others are suffering around you.

Participate in local prayers, offer some money, or some help to local communities. If you are just trying to build the wall, and enjoy your life, then you see troubles like Trump is encountering.

I personally don's know this gentleman Mr.Hogg . But, attitude of My money, and my life, ends up like this.

1 hour ago, ndfdjnd said:

So next time you're arrested for something you have nothing to do with, we'll keep you on remand in prison for a year before your trial, shall we?

Every now and again we get one just like you.

Thankfully I had my cat nap.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

had they held him for say a couple of more days,

Back to school you go......

1 hour ago, The manic said:

He was bailed for car theft. Normal im most countries in the world.

Yes but not when you are also suspected of murder. The car theft charges and arrest should have allowed them to continue the investigation having him in safe in jail. The only small silver lining is his family which stumped up the 100k bail will now be out of pocket.

53 minutes ago, transam said:

Same stuff goes on in our home countries..

There are no replies on this thread to say that it does not go on in our home countries. btw "trans", you are defending well totay, ie 3 replies and I guess you are not finished yet. How about a link to a murder that happened in the UK or the USA, as that is what the  apologists usually do ?

1 hour ago, CanuckThai said:

Bailed for the car theft, of his "missing" sister and brother in law, that he was known to have squabbles with, and a personal history of violence.  Not normal.

Agreed, smacks of a dangerous bias ...

2 hours ago, Nice Boyd said:

Life is Cheap , here

It’s all relative (pun not intended).

50K could be 6 months salary or more to the perpetrators. Put it in context you could probably get someone knocked in Australia for $40Kaud, approx 6 months of the standard wage. 

Archived