Bodies of missing British expat and Thai wife found buried in garden, three men arrested

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, The manic said:

He was bailed for car theft. Normal im most countries in the world.

Yes, but in this instance at the of the arrest had the couple been reported missing? and did it not occur to the arresting team they may have been murdered?

Just who reported the car stolen.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very sad just as they were able to e joy life....

They should have refused bail for the brother in law considering the circumstances. Missing car, blood etc.

The BIL must’ve been desperate,greedy,crazy or all of the above. 

3 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

It’s all relative (pun not intended).

50K could be 6 months salary or more to the perpetrators. Put it in context you could probably get someone knocked in Australia for $40Kaud, approx 6 months of the standard wage. 

Not to mention there are people who will kill for free and enjoy it.

5 hours ago, z42 said:

Just horrendous all round. It is good that the killers for hire are in and won't get bail. But once that dirtbag of a brother in law is hauled in I hope bail won't ever be an option.

It would be interesting to discover what kind of motive was behind this. Surely more than just money when one's own kin are getting killed

Its 99,9% sure that money and/or loss of face was involved topped with greed and envy - what else ....??....

RIP

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Money creates so many problems here

Its  not  money its scummy people.

People who think that this couple got their  money "easy", often they have no idea of the 14hour+ days some of these  people worked and then saved for all their  life, not spent sitting around pi**8ng their lives away like many do.

Death is the only answer for these  type of people.

3 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Sorry if you or your friends married into a bad family,i married into a fantastic one ,most of my friends have nice familys as well.

"Nice families" are not always nice, and it can be just a smoke screen. When/if money starts pouring in, their true colours come out. Just this happened in our "nice family". It took over 10 years to find out certain family members were incredibly evil. You said, "most of my friends have nice families as well"... perhaps you should be talking about the ones that don't.

I wish I could be surprised or shocked at this story.

Sadly life is regarded pretty cheaply in Thailand.

฿50K to kill people, says a lot.

Very tragic, and hard for the people left behind. No mention if they had children. In many ways I hope neither of them did, since would devastatingly hard for them to bare, having your parents brutally murdered.

1 minute ago, GinBoy2 said:

Very tragic, and hard for the people left behind. No mention if they had children. In many ways I hope neither of them did, since would devastatingly hard for them to bare, having your parents brutally murdered.

So let us say it cost ฿1 million to kill people. Would that change things? Sure, it may be harder to hire murderers, but people might just start doing it themselves for free.

3 minutes ago, tropo said:

So let us say it cost ฿1 million to kill people. Would that change things? Sure, it may be harder to hire murderers, but people might just start doing it themselves for free.

Stop being obtuse...you know I meant

5 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

They have a young daughter, living abroad, she arrived in Thailand yesterday or the day before.

2 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

"Absolute incompetence" I said when I read this, but no I was corrected by my Thai ex wife (did I tell you she is well educated and has her own business), so no, she corrected me, the police were definitely paid off when he was bailed, so there you have it, and before you all leap over me for bashing the Thai police, I would just like to add that there aren't many places that you can pay the police off so easily, as far as I know.

This is certainly another case of greed over brains, I know I'll just pop out and murder my nice relatives in the most gruesome manner and then I will be able to spend their millions...….they should run some sort of TV educational commercial explaining to the Thais that it can become difficult to spend money obtained by murder as they certainly don't seem to understand the concept of arrest and imprisonment !!

If my post comes over as a little facetious then I apologise as this poor couple probably did absolutely nothing to deserve to die like this at the hands of some lazy <deleted> of a hillbilly relative.

One of the things I was told many years ago when I arrived here, told by a friend who had been longer, was that the vast majority of Thai men will act without any thought of the consequences of their actions.

I won't go further on this sad story except to say something that doesn't apply to the guy and his wife who were very close in age.

I see daily, guys here with much younger, uneducated girls/women who they can hardly talk to because she doesn't have the brain power or interest, or both, to learn his language. 

Why do so many expats want to live 'upcountry' I just don't get it, but that's me.

Oh, and befoe anyone asks, yes the house is in my wife's name but she paid for it, as is her car, but she paid for that as well. My car is in my name but I paid for that. ???? She doesn't have any brothers only 3 sisters and they all have their own good jobs and husbands with good jobs.

Then again none of them grew up or were educated in Thailand.

Again sad to hear about this couple and I hope their daughter gets all and nothing is left for anyone here.

Rant over.

4 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

They have a young daughter, living abroad, she arrived in Thailand yesterday or the day before.

That just makes it even more sad.

I have a friend who parents both died in a car crash when she was quite young. It devastated her for years. Pales compares to having your both parents murdered like this

Just now, GinBoy2 said:

That just makes it even more sad.

I have a friend who parents both died in a car crash when it was quite young. It devastated her for years. Pales compares to having your both parents murdered like this

indeed, i am at loss of words.

7 minutes ago, overherebc said:

One of the things I was told many years ago when I arrived here, told by a friend who had been longer, was that the vast majority of Thai men will act without any thought of the consequences of their actions.

I won't go further on this sad story except to say something that doesn't apply to the guy and his wife who were very close in age.

I see daily, guys here with much younger, uneducated girls/women who they can hardly talk to because she doesn't have the brain power or interest, or both, to learn his language. 

Why do so many expats want to live 'upcountry' I just don't get it, but that's me.

Oh, and befoe anyone asks, yes the house is in my wife's name but she paid for it, as is her car, but she paid for that as well. My car is in my name but I paid for that. ???? She doesn't have any brothers only 3 sisters and they all have their own good jobs and husbands with good jobs.

Then again none of them grew up or were educated in Thailand.

Again sad to hear about this couple and I hope their daughter gets all and nothing is left for anyone here.

Rant over.

Are her sisters 'available'?

20 minutes ago, overherebc said:

And does the much older man have the brain to learn the language of the country where he stays, or have the ability to understand that when a 28 years old girl has a husband or lover that is 60 + it is only about money?

"Nice families" are not always nice, and it can be just a smoke screen. When/if money starts pouring in, their true colours come out. Just this happened in our "nice family". It took over 10 years to find out certain family members were incredibly evil. You said, "most of my friends have nice families as well"... perhaps you should be talking about the ones that don't.
Sorry i dont know any that dont ,as for money,my wifes family are far from poor ,not rich,well one is, but not short of a bob or two ,in fact once i borrowed 600,000 baht to put into my 3 months,in a thai bankwhen the pound collapsed many years ago, didnt even want interest . I am sorry,but most of the Thai people i know and live around are quite well off, my sons friends are all quite well off as well. Flash bastard arnt i ,very sorry, but i dont mean to be ,i just tell it as my life is.
Ps my wifes young brother is always on the scrounge,but as i have known him since he was young,i dont think he would do anything like that.especially as his big sisters would tan his arse lol

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived