Bodies of missing British expat and Thai wife found buried in garden, three men arrested

Jonathan Fairfield

22 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Stop being obtuse...you know I meant

I'm sorry, but "life is cheap" is an overused expression, cited by many whenever anyone is killed in Thailand. I was just asking you what is the right price here? Did he pay too much, or did he get a bargain?

I don't think it's about the money he paid at all. He would have gotten the job done one way or another.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

First thing to learn in Thailand to have a friendly environment, just share some good things to people around you. When there is a chance, at least share some good food, share something when you return from trips.

Show some affection and courtesy to people around you.It don't have to be expensive, but don't make them feel others you are enjoying too much, where as others are suffering around you.

Participate in local prayers, offer some money, or some help to local communities. If you are just trying to build the wall, and enjoy your life, then you see troubles like Trump is encountering.

I personally don's know this gentleman Mr.Hogg . But, attitude of My money, and my life, ends up like this.

Fair comment and good advice id say. as long as you dont become the human ATM.

Reminds me of certain guys on thaivisa, being the  big men..saying they employ Thais, but are always compain of poor work output and cant get good workers

etc etc

( while probably they only pay barest minimun wage)

your advice would be good for them also to avoid this.

6 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

Bailed for the car theft, of his "missing" sister and brother in law, that he was known to have squabbles with, and a personal history of violence.  Not normal.

What do you know that we don't?

I know the norm here is to assume that the Thai police are idiots and that any dolt can pull the wool over their eyes. Let's assume for a second that they interviewed this person and satisfied themselves that he was just a common or garden thief. 

Take it from there ...

15 minutes ago, Parsve said:

And does the much older man have the brain to learn the language of the country where he stays, or have the ability to understand that when a 28 years old girl has a husband or lover that is 60 + it is only about money?

I think that was the point of my post mate.

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

I'm sorry, but "life is cheap" is an overused expression, cited by many whenever anyone is killed in Thailand. I was just asking you what is the right price here? Did he pay too much, or did he get a bargain?

I don't think it's about the money he paid at all. He would have gotten the job done one way or another.

There is no price on  life.

I’m sure their daughter would pay whatever it took to bring her Mom & Dad back.

But know if you live in Thailand, life IS cheap, yet the pain caused by murder and death is incalculable 

Yep. Here is a guy that unfortunately was nothing but a target.  He had resources and others wanted it.  One can guess all sorts of chain of events, the kid wanted money, was angry and jealous at his sister's prosperity, the kid probably worked for a while on and off the property but was probably mad at how little money he made while the farang and his wife lived in a nice house.  Just possible examples.   The Thais should, but probably won't do a lot of prosecuting on this case to save some face and not scare off other foreigners that might want to invest there and move there. 

When I mentioned this tragic story to my wife, she said she'd heard about it on the Thai news - assuming her translation if correct (and I believe it is, after speaking to her for the past 25 years), the announcers were saying that the Police suspected another foreign couple were behind the killing. I disagreed, and related what I'd read online, but I didn't convince her about the brother's involvement in the crime. 

13 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Sorry i dont know any that dont ,as for money,my wifes family are far from poor ,not rich,well one is, but not short of a bob or two ,in fact once i borrowed 600,000 baht to put into my 3 months,in a thai bankwhen the pound collapsed many years ago, didnt even want interest . I am sorry,but most of the Thai people i know and live around are quite well off, my sons friends are all quite well off as well. Flash bastard arnt i ,very sorry, but i dont mean to be ,i just tell it as my life is.
Ps my wifes young brother is always on the scrounge,but as i have known him since he was young,i dont think he would do anything like that.especially as his big sisters would tan his arse lol

It's great that your experiences have only been good. My particular example was for over 10 years of good before the bad started, or should I say, before I became aware of all the bad stuff that was going on due to my wife having too much trust in her family.

The thing is, you're using your good fortune experiences and some examples of others to indicate that the majority of experiences must be good or put another way... that bad family experiences are rare. I think that's a stretch.

It would be interesting to know how deep this ran and how many family members were involved in this murder. After all, no time was wasted in racing to the police station to ' bail him out ' This is the area where I wonder who exactly was involved. I do not believe for a minute, that many did not know what the brother was up to and could have stopped this or spoken out or given a warning if they had been a decent family.

The guy has ordered the death of his own sister and there is the suspicion that he ' possibly ' dispatched his own brother who went missing years ago and has never been seen since, although this same guy was suspected.

It makes you wonder how messed up the rest of the family are. Also,  it does make you wonder about the sense of it when buying land and building near your wife's family and relatives, where every move you make can be watched with envy and jealousy.

It also surprises me, that without prompting, the number of TV members that feel the need to jump upon these situations to announce how rich, how well educated they are then, the Thai family's Hi-So connections, ( everyone seems to know a General! )  how much money their Thai families have, how it could never happen to them as they are in loving relationships, etc etc

I think some may be living in cuckoo land or denial. It shows you just how much you must be on your guard and how fragile life can be.

6 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

there's an awful lot of bickering on here over nothing really. i know that's  bit rich coming from me, but is this thread really the place for it ????

You could start a thread stating what a beautiful day it is today.......and it would still end up like this !   

16 minutes ago, b17 said:

When I mentioned this tragic story to my wife, she said she'd heard about it on the Thai news - assuming her translation if correct (and I believe it is, after speaking to her for the past 25 years), the announcers were saying that the Police suspected another foreign couple were behind the killing. I disagreed, and related what I'd read online, but I didn't convince her about the brother's involvement in the crime. 

Lost in translation. The other couple were the people who contacted the police when they went to the property to check why they couldn't get in touch by line or phone.

23 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

It would be interesting to know how deep this ran and how many family members were involved in this murder. After all, no time was wasted in racing to the police station to ' bail him out ' This is the area where I wonder who exactly was involved. I do not believe for a minute, that many did not know what the brother was up to and could have stopped this or spoken out or given a warning if they had been a decent family.

The guy has ordered the death of his own sister and there is the suspicion that he ' possibly ' dispatched his own brother who went missing years ago and has never been seen since, although this same guy was suspected.

It makes you wonder how messed up the rest of the family are. Also,  it does make you wonder about the sense of it when buying land and building near your wife's family and relatives, where every move you make can be watched with envy and jealousy.

It also surprises me, that without prompting, the number of TV members that feel the need to jump upon these situations to announce how rich, how well educated they are then, the Thai family's Hi-So connections, ( everyone seems to know a General! )  how much money their Thai families have, how it could never happen to them as they are in loving relationships, etc etc

I think some may be living in cuckoo land or denial. It shows you just how much you must be on your guard and how fragile life can be.

Lets hope the daughter can remove all assets from Thailand and any remaining family hands, then they can rot!

RIP!

First I wonder how the police got the information about the 3 individual who was hired to kill the couple?

The police knew the couple was missing and blood found in the home with the Brother in possession of the vehicle. It isn't rocket science there was more to the story yet he was allowed bail! on top of that, the family put up the bail for the prick!  There is more to this story particularly with the rest of the family.  Lots of money changing hands and it didn't grow backyard tree?

6 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

RIP!

First I wonder how the police got the information about the 3 individual who was hired to kill the couple?

The police knew the couple was missing and blood found in the home with the Brother in possession of the vehicle. It isn't rocket science there was more to the story yet he was allowed bail! on top of that, the family put up the bail for the prick!  There is more to this story particularly with the rest of the family.  Lots of money changing hands and it didn't grow backyard tree?

This morning i was making the assumption that brother was used as a bait to catch the other 2 perps.

The 2 perps were caught, and interrogated. They confessed , the brother is caught.

I think the Police did a very good job here.

The family paid the bail, well , in Thailand family ties are stronger than in the West, we know that.

The police may have been inept, not in the detection, but in the bail process.

“The brother claims he did not want the couple’s assets. He claims he sold the pickup only in the hope of funding their escape,” 

You have to think this is where the bail money came from.

Save for the couple themselves, her family were poor.

Surely, when processing an offer of bail the authorities have to look into the source of the bail funds.

Possibly deposited with the family the day before?

They seem to have been awfully eager to accept the bail deposit.

Ask yourselves where does a forfeited bail bond end up?

Anyway, thankfully he didn't end up getting away. The police solved the case and apprehended the mastermind.

3 hours ago, ndfdjnd said:

Was liking your post before you advocated mass murder.

lifes  wasters  who depend on others  to  support  them when they are BONE IDLE, In not  talking sick or  old or disabled im talking plain bloody  idle. Be  idle if you want but dont expect/demand  anyone to "take care" of you.

9 hours ago, Wiggy said:

This god thing doesn't seem to be very nice by allowing them to be shot and bludgeoned to death just so they can go with him. I'm sure they would rather have left it a little longer. 

all part of  his  plan...and other comical idiosyncrasies.????

46 minutes ago, ice1318 said:

The police may have been inept, not in the detection, but in the bail process.

“The brother claims he did not want the couple’s assets. He claims he sold the pickup only in the hope of funding their escape,” 

You have to think this is where the bail money came from.

Save for the couple themselves, her family were poor.

Surely, when processing an offer of bail the authorities have to look into the source of the bail funds.

Possibly deposited with the family the day before?

They seem to have been awfully eager to accept the bail deposit.

Ask yourselves where does a forfeited bail bond end up?

Anyway, thankfully he didn't end up getting away. The police solved the case and apprehended the mastermind.

Insightful, thanks. If they were simply using the money from the illicit pickup sale that he gave them to bail him out , then they won't be too excited about forfeiting that money as it was never theirs in the first place.

Archived