Bodies of missing British expat and Thai wife found buried in garden, three men arrested

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, garyk said:

Wow,  I am curious.  Some of you long time expats here. Was this kind of violence been going on here 10-20 years ago?

It was a lot quieter then and Thais were much more respectful within society and of Ferang. So no I never heard of this type of thing happening then, aside from the isolated backpacker rape/ murder case. Its the new generation of entitled wannabe middle class Thais that are the game changer... Its high risk if anyone gets between them and the lifestyle they believe they're owed.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Not normal on what planet?

It is not normal for the police investigating the disappearance of a couple upon finding blood stains around the empty house and the car missing and CCTV of someone leaving in that car to them bail them for car theft, it is more normal for them to be held on suspicion of murder.

30 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Seems there is either confusion over what he was arrested for initially and given bail, or he has been re-arrested.

DM latest report has the following: 

Major General Sanpat Praputsra, who has been investigating the case, said: 'Warut Satchakit has been arrested again for the theft of the car and being involved with the murder.

Investigators found that the truck had been sold to nearby hill tribe people for £4,600 who then sold it to a man from Laos for £9,800 in Sukhothai last Friday.

I can't understand why some posters here need to post some of the comments they have, just because this couple were fortunate enough to have had a nice house and a new Ford Ranger. In no way did they deserve this. 

So anyone that can afford to get a loan on a truck is in danger of being paid off by someone, anyone, who has an itch....

Sad sad day, and respect to all affected,   As a species, I thought we were going to be better than this... 

2 hours ago, neeray said:

We all expected this outcome. So sad. You reach the golden age, build your little piece of heaven and then get murdered by greedy, low life family. 

RIP

No such thing as a 'piece of heaven' here, problems WILL arise later if not sooner. Better to find a hide-away thousands of miles away from the family-cum-hangers on, call them what you will.

No such thing as a 'piece of heaven' here, problems WILL arise later if not sooner. Better to find a hide-away thousands of miles away from the family-cum-hangers on, call them what you will.

Sorry if you or your friends married into a bad family,i married into a fantastic one ,most of my friends have nice familys as well.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, MickTurator said:

Agreed.

To add fuel to the fire.

The family was 5 siblings.

The youngest sibling disappeared about 10 years ago. The body was never found.

The brother was the chief suspect but not enough evidence to charge him.

A cold case from 10 years ago! Just the kind of dangerous case for our expert private eye Mickturator to solve fearlessly.

Get to it, hero!

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a sad thing to happen to a loving couple.

Money creates so many problems here, how cheap is life here? 50.000 baht to commit murder.

Hope the bar stewards rot in jail, police need to get their ar++s in gear and find the b.i.l.

R.I.P. Alan and Nott.

Sorry, but Hogg, expectedly,  (and surprisingly his wife) misread the signs of the family feud? No random murders here, only targets. Why did he (she) refuse whatever the brother wanted? 

2 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

Bailed for the car theft, of his "missing" sister and brother in law, that he was known to have squabbles with, and a personal history of violence.  Not normal.

But not jailable.. Which country do you come from? Iraq? 

Police say Nott’s brother, Warut Satchakit, was involved in a fued with the couple and paid the three men 50,000 baht have them killed.Warut was initially arrested over the theft of Nott’s white Ford Ranger but was later released on bail. He has since disappeared.

No surprise there then!

15 minutes ago, British Bulldog said:

I hope the brother suffers sleepless nights, fears every knock at the door, and every stranger who approaches him, until he gets caught no matter how long it takes

RIP Alan and Nott

If only hopes built castles. I'd be the Sutlan of Swat. But they don't. Talking to yourself and expecting a physical result is insanity. See your doctor. 

Just a horrible crime.  RIP to the deceased.

Been in Thailand a long time. I would suspect that there is more than money involved and the wife's brother developed a real hate  . Possibly loss of face involved and  a rabid jealousy.

These type of things do not happen that often.  You did not hear of them decades ago because there was no social media or cell phones and most houses did not even have any phone.  The news media were not adept at getting reports back then.  Only word of mouth was the way things got reported.

If this was a contract killing paid for by the Brother- he will face first degree murder charges.  Sentence will be life. He'' be out in 20 years.

2 minutes ago, sambum said:

Police say Nott’s brother, Warut Satchakit, was involved in a fued with the couple and paid the three men 50,000 baht have them killed.Warut was initially arrested over the theft of Nott’s white Ford Ranger but was later released on bail. He has since disappeared.

No surprise there then!

Fight or flight reaction. Normal in all animals under stress. He'll give himself up or be caught. Wait.

1 hour ago, NextStationBangkok said:

First thing to learn in Thailand to have a friendly environment, just share some good things to people around you. When there is a chance, at least share some good food, share something when you return from trips.

Show some affection and courtesy to people around you.It don't have to be expensive, but don't make them feel others you are enjoying too much, where as others are suffering around you.

Participate in local prayers, offer some money, or some help to local communities. If you are just trying to build the wall, and enjoy your life, then you see troubles like Trump is encountering.

I personally don's know this gentleman Mr.Hogg . But, attitude of My money, and my life, ends up like this.

From experience, I disagree completely with your reply.

We go back to the UK at least twice to three times per year and always used to return laden with gifts and perfumes, makeups, football shirts etc.

Even my local shopkeeper, where I would drink a couple of beers ( I have now stopped drinking yet again ) started behaving the same after my bringing him back a couple of Ralph Lauren polo shirts.

Moving in, it has nothing to do with quote yourself: Show some affection and courtesy to people around you.It don't have to be expensive, but don't make them feel others you are enjoying too much, where as others are suffering around you.: unquote and everything to do with greed.

In Isaarn, I don't see "suffering around me". What I have seen plenty of is laziness, drunkenness, envy, and all the rest of it.

My boss when I was a young lad, and he is still alive today and has done very well for himself told me and I remember it well. He said to me, and it's turned out to be true, ' People never remember all the times you help, give and show your generosity, they only remember the one time you don't! '

And to finish, No, you are correct, you don't know Mr. Hogg or his wife for that matter, but I am personally annoyed by your last victim-blaming comment of attempting to move the guilt to them for working hard, having a nice car and house and a happy life for which the man has had to work around the world to achieve and not sit on his arse in a village thinking the world owes him a living.

I am not religious so I don't know other than to be respectful by saying RIP. It doesn't seem enough for this tragic case.

2 hours ago, transam said:

Same stuff goes on in our home countries..

With the notable differences being things like:

Much higher frequency in Thailand 

Much higher number of unsolved cases in Thailand 

Much higher likelihood in Thailand that the perps walk free after some time if they are caught at all 

So, not really the same as in our home countries after all. 

3 hours ago, The manic said:

He was bailed for car theft. Normal im most countries in the world.

He was bailed for car theft in association with the search for the missing couple.  I am pretty sure that this is not the first time that the Ridiculous Thai Police have had in-laws of ex-pats suspected of murdering the golden goose for the cash, or because they lost face.

It really is not much of a stretch of the imagination to think that the RTP there saw an opportunity to extract some money from him to let him go, if only for a while.  It's a semi-plausible story, after all, you fell for it, didn't you?

2 hours ago, ndfdjnd said:

So next time you're arrested for something you have nothing to do with, we'll keep you on remand in prison for a year before your trial, shall we?

It's clear that you have no idea what you are talking about or what Thailand is about so why not just STHU?

17 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

From experience, I disagree completely with your reply.

We go back to the UK at least twice to three times per year and always used to return laden with gifts and perfumes, makeups, football shirts etc.

Even my local shopkeeper, where I would drink a couple of beers ( I have now stopped drinking yet again ) started behaving the same after my bringing him back a couple of Ralph Lauren polo shirts.

Moving in, it has nothing to do with quote yourself: Show some affection and courtesy to people around you.It don't have to be expensive, but don't make them feel others you are enjoying too much, where as others are suffering around you.: unquote and everything to do with greed.

In Isaarn, I don't see "suffering around me". What I have seen plenty of is laziness, drunkenness, envy, and all the rest of it.

My boss when I was a young lad, and he is still alive today and has done very well for himself told me and I remember it well. He said to me, and it's turned out to be true, ' People never remember all the times you help, give and show your generosity, they only remember the one time you don't! '

And to finish, No, you are correct, you don't know Mr. Hogg or his wife for that matter, but I am personally annoyed by your last victim-blaming comment of attempting to move the guilt to them for working hard, having a nice car and house and a happy life for which the man has had to work around the world to achieve and not sit on his arse in a village thinking the world owes him

I am not religious so I don't know other than to be respectful by saying RIP. It doesn't seem enough for this tragic case.

Very good post Sir!

Archived