What price a little girl's life? One million say family, too much says dog owner

webfact

What price a little girl's life? One million say family, too much says dog owner

6pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

The mother of a four year old child savaged to death by a neighbor's three dogs has met with her female neighbor to discuss compensation. 

The mother Saowaree, 33, called for a million baht in the meeting at the Ban Khawao police station in Chaiyaphum.

The owner of the two Thai breeds and a poodle - Piyawadee, 40 - said she didn't have that kind of money.

She said she would have to talk to her relatives about it. They will meet again on October 8th.

Thanyalak Salitkun, 4, was cremated on Saturday. Tuesday last week after school she was riding her pink bike when the dogs got out and mauled her neck and head. She was soon dead.

Lt Col Thongsuk Ratsiwon said that this was the first compensation meeting between the two sides.

He said that this was separate to the ongoing criminal offense matter though the court might use its discretion to give a lesser sentence if the two sides can agree on compensation. 

561000010009403.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Manager published a heart-wrenching picture of the victim's school shoes with her nickname - Tuangkhao - inscribed on the back among some of her old toys. 

Only her grandmother was at the house. Prakai, 56, said that the family have yet to come to terms with their terrible and unexpected loss. 

No manner of money could replace Tuangkhao but whatever they get will be used to pay for her elder brother's education and make merit for the little girl. 

The owner of the dogs who lives in a house behind that of the victim has admitted responsibility. 

The mother of the victim was earlier reported as being a teacher and having got on well with her neighbor. 

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-26

Many of you are still stuck in your western belief systems and don’t seem to demonstrate very little understanding the land you live in....

a million baht is cheap? Are people willing to kill for a measly 50k baht payout? What compensation happens when a poor Thai kills another in a vehicle incident?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kannot said:

1.Irrelevant this is Thailand and Thai forum

2.Most Thais would be too weak to fight one on one, says it all.

Now ,Thai lovers............well

Not irrelevant, the poster was comparing life here to his home country.

Ever heard of Muay Thai? It aint tag team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anterian said:

Mr Jerome, you are actually agreeing with me. it is as you say, 'how the dumb thais i know  excersice (sic) buddhism". This is not true Buddhism it is Thai Buddhism. 

ok then i suppose i misunderstood.......that is indeed how i see it  oplogies......real buddhist value life over all....

2 hours ago, anterian said:

All the comments I have read are based on western cultural values. If one is a firm believer in both reincarnation and also dharma, then this will lead to a different attitude towards death.  

So that ok, if it's one of your kids of family I'll help you meditate the problem away - ok.