What price a little girl's life? One million say family, too much says dog owner

webfact

7 hours ago, MROLL320 said:

Near my house a thai neighbour told me her dog will bite and to keep my son away... The dog roams free? But apparently should it bite us now its our fault, because she's told us? 

Not sure where you live; but, Issan people have no problem feeding poison to "roaming" dogs.  

Near my house a thai neighbour told me her dog will bite and to keep my son away... The dog roams free? But apparently should it bite us now its our fault, because she's told us? 

No ,But this is Thailand they make up their own Laws/Rules.

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would ask the owner of the dog to commit suicide as recompense.

Then negotiate from that point.

How much does the dog owner value their own life? because they're worth less than a 4-year-old daughter.

Try to use intelligence or go back to bed.

First demand, always too high and not expected to be paid. Now negotiate. Guess (after 35 yrs here), 300,000 for family, 50,000 for family's temple. Maybe "kathin" for one son of dog owner. The child is gone. Money will not bring her back. Everyone knows. It's now about penance, reconciliation and continuing. If you idiot farang don't get it go home.

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Pay some money and get a lesser sentence, !

How can you,and why would you put the price

on a 4 year old girls life,that's blood money and

would not be acceptable to me.justice would be,

and it would have to be more than a month.and 5000K fine

regards worgeordie

Couldn't agree more, no amount of money will make up for the child's life, However, it is viewed differently in Thailand and no, I am not a Thai basher, just stating the facts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

The officer said it was separate.

If compensation has been agreed by both parties, the judge will take it into account. This is the way it works, like it, or not.

Compensation payments should have no impact on sentencing in a case like this.

4 minutes ago, blinkers said:

Couldn't agree more, no amount of money will make up for the child's life, However, it is viewed differently in Thailand and no, I am not a Thai basher, just stating the facts.

So you disagree with life insurance, when a person is killed. The family should get nothing, right? Idiot!

7 minutes ago, blinkers said:

So what do Western countries do when a child is killed by a dog?  Check the law, and come back.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

Try to use intelligence or go back to bed.

First demand, always too high and not expected to be paid. Now negotiate. Guess (after 35 yrs here), 300,000 for family, 50,000 for family's temple. Maybe "kathin" for one son of dog owner. The child is gone. Money will not bring her back. Everyone knows. It's now about penance, reconciliation and continuing. If you idiot farang don't get it go home.

Wow,  what an absolute lack  of humour on your side, even if it was a little on the black side. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Pay some money and get a lesser sentence, !

How can you,and why would you put the price

on a 4 year old girls life,that's blood money and

would not be acceptable to me.justice would be,

and it would have to be more than a month.and 5000K fine

regards worgeordie

The police are negotiating need l say more lol. Please police reform umm disposal and let the courts handle all compensations 

7 hours ago, BestB said:

In fairness the owner of the dogs never said those words, it’s editors interpretation.

she said she did not have this kind of money.

what I find more pathetic is the mother not only putting a value on her kids life and asking for money but value daughters life that cheap .

It's the Thai way money

Obviously, unless ,you are brainless, don't go by the house, or carry a dog "repellent" eg big stick, umbrella (my favorite weapon ) or mace.  What do you do about mosquitoes? Complain to the owner or spray them?

4 minutes ago, Artisi said:

More than likely destroy the dog and prosecute the owner, next corny question. 

Right. Destroy the animal (difficult in Buddhist Thailand), prosecute the owner, which will happen. Then compensation agreed by all parties. Gee sounds just like a "real country" ????

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Good job I have this forum to point out just how wrong it is, then.

I doubt the Thai lawmakers are reading your opinions. 

What would be the penalty in your country for this offence? Would the family of the deceased get compensation? Would the courts care about the opinion of a long term tourist?

Edited by Neeranam
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, BestB said:

Do not agree. I have more than a few dogs and truth being told many kids tornment dogs either fur fun or out of stupidity and parents watch and laugh .

I never made this experience here. Maybe because I have some german sheperd dogs and everyone is scare very much about they. They been trained very well and listen what my wife, sons and me say.    

But believe me, if your dogs not fenced they will run and catch this kids. This is the nature. If dogs grow up together with kids, they will take it more easy. But not everytime.

In europe people walk with their dogs, meet other dog owners, their kids & dogs play with other dogs together and the dogs are much more socialized but sometimes dogs bites and kill someone.

8 minutes ago, Media1 said:

The police are negotiating need l say more lol. Please police reform umm disposal and let the courts handle all compensations 

You must be a tourist. This is a community matter. We don't need the UN or the ICC. Local cops will sort it out.