20-year plan irreversible: PM Prayut

webfact

It is as irreversible as the next military coup decides it to be.  This is just disgusting that in this modern age a country can't be organize and governed by its own citizens.  I guess in the future when historians look back and discuss civilian versus military or dictatorially controlled countries, the same patterns will be the same as they have been for millennia.  Might often makes Right.  The only difference is the type of might and nowadays information is a bit more easily passed among the populace even as some governments attempt to monitor or control the flow of communication.  Reminds me of the line from Jesus Christ Superstar song "Israel in 4 B had no mass communication..."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Absolutely agree and it's a sure sign that this muppet has no idea about Government/governance or planning. Pathetic to say the least.

We had better get used to it.This time next year he will still be PM.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

We'll never witness decent and legitimate government until the deeper underbelly is cleansed. 

The underlying puppet masters will always have their way unless they're removed.

Sadly, I can't argue this....you are correct....but I sure wish you were not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This "Plan" is not irreversible and the youngsters will tear it up when their time comes (the kids growing up now won't stand for it in 10 years) and the dinosaurs that are suppressing everyone/everything now leave this mortal coil or become so ancient the they have now power any more. Can't come soon enough.

Edited by Sir Dude
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, baboon said:

But Bill, how do you 'simply' scrap it given the safegurds in place? The appointed senators. The legally binding 20 year plan which must NOT be deviated from Or Else?

God knows how civil society will be able to extricate themselves from this. I hope they will, but I am not exactly optimistic unless there is an almighty (literally) bloody uprising. An uprising I will neither condone nor encourage, given the savagery of this 'military' when facing their own compatriots.

However there is nowt much we can do, short of saying our piece and opposing the (few remaining) fascist sympathisers on Thaivisa...

It seems to me that there will have to be a civilian coup to revoke all the nonsense. A coup is just a declaration that "We have power". It would be ironic and probably awful. 

• Thanks 1

But if, and it's a big if, given the rigging of things, an elected government will have to go head to head with the army and oppose them on everything, particularly conscription - but really everything, They should have pursued this strategy in 2011 . Now it will be harder. But it is the only way,

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

This "Plan" is not irreversible and the youngsters will tear it up when their time comes (the kids growing up now won't stand for it in 10 years) and the dinosaurs that are suppressing everyone/everything now leave this mortal coil or become so ancient the they have now power any more. Can't come soon enough.

Almost impossible to speculate towards what next generations of Thai might thrive for. 

On 9/28/2018 at 10:50 AM, billd766 said:

Simply scrap the constitution.

There is already a precedent, as that is what this government did.

The so called constitution or charter or whatever has been routinely tossed aside by several coups and it will continue to be so because the Thai people are not willing to support a proper constitution.  They all believe that with connections and bribes they can work things out.

• Like 1

Post removed.

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

20 hours ago, pattayadgw said:

Nothing is irreversible Mr P....... remember people power?  

I do. And they're back where they started, with Marcos 2.0 -only crazier. 

Having said that, I agree any 20 year plan more complex than a mortgage is nonsensical. 

Ether technology, or geopolitical events, or both, will change the world beyond recognition. But we'll still all be dealing with the same human greed, fear, and stupidity that drives the news cycles now. 

May as well just enjoy the ride and hope the wars don't happen in our backyards. 

• Like 2