Moving to Thailand

OK so i could spend hours trolling through this site looking for that i want to know or just ask,, My wife has been living here in Aus with PR for the past 14 years, we have decided to move back to Thailand late 2021.. As i would like to set up a small repair workshop on our farm what are the requirements for importing tools and car.

41 minutes ago, malco said:

if the car is reg in your wife name and she is the owner.she can import the car back to thailand,and there is no import duty to pay.It must be in her name for more than one year,

I think you’ve maybe just made that up. Cars are exempt from any concessions and I would go with Ubonjoe's advice. Don’t try to import the car!

On 9/28/2018 at 8:40 AM, ubonjoe said:

IMO forget about the car since the import duties could be 200% or its value or more. Best to buy a new one after you get here.

If your car is not something special vintage – and do check if similar is available in Thailand, and the price – I agree with Ubonjoe...????

23 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:
23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

As long as he was doing it for himself he could do it.

The definition of work has been changed recently.

For yourself wasn't a problem before too, I read it like he wanted to do it for others.

Curious to hear from the OP.

Sure sounds to me like he's asking about setting up a small business.    " small repair workshop on our farm"

I hope he's able to accomplish it and become an asset for the community where he chooses to live.

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

Curious to hear from the OP.

Sure sounds to me like he's asking about setting up a small business.    " small repair workshop on our farm"

I hope he's able to accomplish it and become an asset for the community where he chooses to live.

Asset to the community? People set up a business to make money.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, malco said:

if the car is reg in your wife name and she is the owner.she can import the car back to thailand,and there is no import duty to pay.It must be in her name for more than one year,

Interesting

If wife Thai , then maybe you can bring in a car . Maybe.

I wish I could bring my Toyota fj cruser over its 4by4 rugged perfect for Thailand but it’s not possible better to buy in Thailand I will keep it here at my USA property plan on getting tooled up when I get over there as well