Dead Australian visited shooting range three times – Police

webfact

Dead Australian visited shooting range three times – Police

By  Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_2526.jpg

Following the death of the Australian 25 year old, who shot himself at a Sakoo shooting range on Friday, police have concluded their initial investigation. The man died at Vachira Hospital on Friday night.

Police checked CCTV footage in the shooting range and have spoken to witnesses. Police have announced  that Jayden Antony Cook had come to the shooting range at least three times. The first visit was on September 26. On that occasion he bought 60 bullets at the shooting range. On that occasion he used 58 bullets.

A staff member of the Asian Shooting Range was closely monitoring him.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/dead-australian-visited-shooting-range-three-times-police

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-10-01

...something is not right about this....

...especially the missing footage....

...a very dangerous place for foreigners to go alone it seems.....

...sorry....not convinced by the employee's account....

...imagine the horrific implications....

...this is not the first time it has happened to a foreigners at a shooting range...

...jeez.....

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Remarkable that a foreigner can take bullets with him! :blink:

Well that's a bit un-clear.

One must presume that the un-used two rounds were returned to the shooting range office... 

Seems a bit odd that he returned to fire just these "two" rounds again, so he must have bought more ammunition but had decided to take his life during that session.

Not a lot the range officer could do as his action of suicide would take only a split second.

• Like 1

I've never been to a shooting range, but it looks like the employee was standing right next to him and tried to deflect the gun to prevent the suicide. It must be hard on the employee too to face what happened (through no fault of his own).

I seen the video and am happy that the gory part of the footage was removed.

Sorry for the poster who wanted to see brain matter fly through the air and

the poor guys body falling to the floor, was that graphic enough for you?

RIP to the fellow who felt that suicide was the only way out.

Geezer

7 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...something is not right about this....

...especially the missing footage....

...a very dangerous place for foreigners to go alone it seems.....

...sorry....not convinced by the employee's account....

...imagine the horrific implications....

...this is not the first time it has happened to a foreigners at a shooting range...

...jeez.....

Nonesense. Not at all dangerous. 100s of thousands of visitors go to shooting ranges without problems. Skateboarding or cycling is more dangerous!

This below quote was copied from the FULL article, which I have read.

"But, with no warning, Mr Cook turned the gun on himself and was about to shoot himself in the temple. The staff member quickly rushed at Mr Cook, pushing his hand away." - this part of the story concerns me.

For some time now, it has become a popular pose for a photo to have a gun to your head.  I have no idea why, but it is. 

See below images from Google for said photo pose.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=images+of+putting+a+gun+to+your+head&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjQko7Z-ObdAhUCy7wKHcDMAdkQsAR6BAgGEAE&biw=1745&bih=845&dpr=1.1

Is it possible that this young guy thought it would be funny to the staff member to make this pose, with no intention of pulling the trigger, but the staff member intervened, and whilst pushing his arm away, the gun discharged, causing his death? 

How did the staff member know he was going to shoot himself?  Would the staff member have intervened if he knew the magazine was empty? 

If this guy had no history of mental health issues, had no recent emotional trauma in his life, and his finances were in good order, left no suicide note etc - is this scenario not possible????

Serious question.

On 10/2/2018 at 11:53 AM, NamKangMan said:

If this guy had no history of mental health issues

I read on  a FB page friends said he had mental problems.  

Also when you look at the way he behaved before the suicide, shirtless and he looked high on something .   

9 hours ago, balo said:

I read on  a FB page friends said he had mental problems.  

Also when you look at the way he behaved before the suicide, shirtless and he looked high on something .   

I had not seen the FB page. 

I meant mental illness, as diagnosed by a doctor, not his friends, but I concede his friends may be aware he had a history of mental illness.

"Also when you look at the way he behaved before the suicide, shirtless and he looked high on something." - doesn't "shirtless" and "high" (usually drunk) describe most tourists on holidays to Thailand????  

• Sad 1