Paypal fees v normal credit card.

So i sent 2 different people 40 GBP yesterday. For one i used a website I paid with normal credit card payment 40 GPB - 1633 baht

For the other i used Paypal 40 GBP - 2002 baht.. Thats over 20% more than normal card payment charges.

Thats certainly more than the 4.55 advertised.

Is there any other gateways which charge better rates.

PayPals Fees are ridiculous for international transactions. For which a credit card is better. However if you use PayPal for local purchases like Lazarda or booking a hotel room or any transaction with a local company, there are no fees. PayPal simply deducts the amount from your link credit card or bank account. It's also useful if you are receiving money from online sales or book royalties.

On 10/4/2018 at 11:56 AM, FitnessHealthTravel said:

PayPal make their money from currency trading not small fees. Their International currency conversion rates are the highest anywhere.

Indeed !

But there's an option that you can select so that if you buy something in another currency, the conversion will be done by your bank and not paypal.

It's hidden somewhere in your wallet / payment options, of course, by default paypal do the conversion for you with their crazy rates :

PayPal-Conversion-Options.jpg.png

Archived