Kasikorn Debit Card Expired - do they post out a new one?

Just noticed my Kasikorn Debit card has expired, not that I've ever used it at all anyway. Do they post out a new one to customers like how banks do in Western countries? I've never received a new one. Do I need to go to a branch to get a new one? If so, does it need to be the same branch that I opened the account at? Can it also be a branch in another province, eg. opened account in BKK but go to a branch in Phuket to get a new card?

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Just noticed my Kasikorn Debit card has expired, not that I've ever used it at all anyway. Do they post out a new one to customers like how banks do in Western countries?

No, they don't.

Not even an information email/SMS message.

Not very customer friendly.

I learned it the hard way when the ATM refused :biggrin:

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Take your passport with you too.

And better also the bankbook.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Several years ago my debit card expired and I decided not to continue banking with them as I wasn't happy with their service, although I will still charged a fee for a new card,

Edited by anchadian

10 hours ago, anchadian said:

Several years ago my debit card expired and I decided not to continue banking with them as I wasn't happy with their service, although I will still charged a fee for a new card,

They still charge the annual card fee even if the card is expired? Really?

Coincidentally I rang Kasikorn yesterday regarding my credit card due to expire end of next month . After giving them a new address I asked when should I receive my new card.  There reply was " You should receive it one month before expiry of the old one. If you have not received it by 1st November please ring us and we will immediately arrange for you to be sent another one".

And this card, which is about to expire, they sent to me in 2013 so not sure why other posters say Kasikorn does not send them out because they do for credit cards in my experience.  Perhaps they have a different policy for a credit card as opposed to a debit card these days ?  Certainly at my other two banks I have always had to go into a branch near me for debit card renewals

Edited by Esso49

16 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Mine expired recently too and I had to go into the bank and get a new one issued. 

Take your passport with you too. 

Edit to add - I got a new debit card issued at a different branch from where it originally issued

I believe if you lose or otherwise need a new card and you go to a different branch then you need your passport, if however you go to the branch where you opened the account you only need your bank book.   

I may be wrong though as I carry my HK ID Card and use that for identification in place of my passport, so it is possible when I replaced my card I did have to show ID, in which case you will need your passport.

3 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Coincidentally I rang Kasikorn yesterday regarding my credit card due to expire end of next month . After giving them a new address I asked when should I receive my new card.  There reply was " You should receive it one month before expiry of the old one. If you have not received it by 1st November please ring us and we will immediately arrange for you to be sent another one".

And this card, which is about to expire, they sent to me in 2013 so not sure why other posters say Kasikorn does not send them out because they do for credit cards in my experience.  Perhaps they have a different policy for a credit card as opposed to a debit card these days ?  Certainly at my other two banks I have always had to go into a branch near me for debit card renewals

I have both Kasikorn credit card and debit card. New credit card was sent to home address by post one month before expired. However, debit card was not sent out. I had to request a new debit card at the bank branch.

Edited by sanmyintmaung
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, sanmyintmaung said:

I have both Kasikorn credit card and debit card. New credit card was sent to home address by post one month before expired. However, debit card was not sent out. I had to request a new debit card at the bank branch.

And by Debit Card you mean ATM card.   They don't send replacement ATM cards.

We are going in circles. According to the website of Kasikorn Bank, you can request a new debit card via the KPlus app and it will be posted to your home address. Link above.

A debit card is a debit card. Banks in Thailand do not generally issue ATM cards (except CIMB I believe). Debit cards can be used at ATMs to withdraw cash, make payments and transfers etc, and for purchases online (internet) or offline (shops, restaurants etc).

ATM cards can only be used at ATMs.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2

Yesterday I went to renew my debit card which expired 3 years ago, yes, I know, but as you can tell I never use it. Anyhow no problems even though I had originally opened the account at another branch.

Today my son, who is with the same bank realized his debit card was expiring this month, so he goes to the same bank as me armed with old passport, new passport, however he didn't take his work permit, so they sent him packing, this was after 30 minutes of endless charades, because no-one in this very large bank speaks English.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seancbk said:

I've never used my Kbank card as a debit card and I've had 2 accounts with Kasikorn for 10 years.   

If you are referring to a debit card when u say "my Kbank card", then you can use it to purchase also. I pay Tops, Foodland, Gourmet Market, most restaurants, Qatar, Thai Lion Air, Agoda and so on.

As a matter of fact, since I am being "posh", I am now paying via QR code in Gourmet Market linked directly to KPlus app, so that we get rid of all this plastic ????

26 minutes ago, lkv said:
31 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I've never used my Kbank card as a debit card and I've had 2 accounts with Kasikorn for 10 years.   

If you are referring to a debit card when u say "my Kbank card", then you can use it to purchase also. I pay Tops, Foodland, Gourmet Market, most restaurants, Qatar, Thai Lion Air, Agoda and so on.

As a matter of fact, since I am being "posh", I am now paying via QR code in Gourmet Market linked directly to KPlus app, so that we get rid of all this plastic

Although I'm sort of aware that you can use the card as a 'debit' card, the concept of debit cards isn't one I've ever become accustomed to.  I think of the card purely as something to get cash out of the ATM.   

I paid off all my credit cards in 2000 (2 million baht worth) and since then I've just used cash for all purchases in Bangkok.

Funny thing is I'm a young(ish) techie so I really should be using digital tools like QR codes, Line Pay and soon hopefully crypto etc.   

But I'm just so used to taking cash from the ATM and paying with cash.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lkv said:

We are going in circles. According to the website of Kasikorn Bank, you can request a new debit card via the KPlus app and it will be posted to your home address. Link above.

I tried using the KPlus app to order new debit card. KPlus app displayed error pop up saying only Thai nationals can make new Debit card request through KPlus app so cannot proceed.

16 hours ago, theoldgit said:

I tried that but got an immediate response telling me that the service is only available to Thai nationals.

Fair enough, I did not try that myself, I would have thought it's a service available to everybody....

I had a new K bank debit card and discovered I couldn’t use it at many checkouts in supermarkets and stores ! When I raised this with the bank I was told that many retail stores don’t have the updated technology to accept transactions with the new cards! Hmm , so introduce a new card that can’t be used in many shops. Nothing surprises me in this country !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

15 minutes ago, markaoffy said:

I had a new K bank debit card and discovered I couldn’t use it at many checkouts in supermarkets and stores ! When I raised this with the bank I was told that many retail stores don’t have the updated technology to accept transactions with the new cards! Hmm , so introduce a new card that can’t be used in many shops. Nothing surprises me in this country !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That's a new one.   I'll be wary of that in the future. Had many places where the card don't work because of muck in the card reader and they can't be bothered to clean it with an appropriate wipe, but not heard, until now, that they have obsolete card readers.

That's a new one.   I'll be wary of that in the future. Had many places where the card don't work because of muck in the card reader and they can't be bothered to clean it with an appropriate wipe, but not heard, until now, that they have obsolete card readers.

Yes, I was told that some card readers can’t read new cards! This happened to me in a Big C this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 10/4/2018 at 9:11 AM, seancbk said:

I believe if you lose or otherwise need a new card and you go to a different branch then you need your passport, if however you go to the branch where you opened the account you only need your bank book.   

I may be wrong though as I carry my HK ID Card and use that for identification in place of my passport, so it is possible when I replaced my card I did have to show ID, in which case you will need your passport.

I have a joint account at Kasikorn with my wife and both debit cards expired in August. They would only give me one to start with at my local branch and I did have a spare kitchen sink in the back of the truck just in case.

I had to take the passbook, passport etc and my wife had to have her ID card. I chose a debit card that was no longer available and was not offered a second choice.

We went back last week to renew the bankbook as it was full. I finally got a second ATM debit card and when I said that I wanted my wife's account to go onto Kbank online they faffed about and eventually put an app on my wife's mobile completely ignoring the fact that I didn't ask for it.

I came home and found a downloaded copy of what I wanted on my pc and we will go back again next week and start all over again to get them to do what I WANT and not what they want.

I will be on the phone to the KBank call centre who actually DO know what thet are talking about.

Nice ladies, some of them are pretty but all of them are pretty clueless about their own banking rules.

As for getting a debit card with my name on it, after 1 1/2 hours at the bank I simply didn't bother. That is a battle for another day.