Thai government should act to stop Thais using images of "Mr Hitler"

webfact

On 10/5/2018 at 1:28 PM, Deli said:

Would there be the same outcry if they would have put a portrait of Stalin on the wall ?

Indeed.  In the West we have developed a Pavlovian response to anything Nazi, yet people can walk around with Che Guevara t-shirts, have a coffee in a Mao cafe and fly a hammer&sickle at political rallies and get off scott free.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2018 at 1:22 PM, kannot said:

Almost did.

It may have looked that way before 1942 but his own his own numerous bad judgements probably would have cost him the war. Attacking Russia whom he considered a pushover was a huge mistake.  Doing so opened two fronts.  (1) Thinking Britain would not honour its pact with Poland. (2) Believing Goering that bombing London would bring England to its knees in a couple of weeks or so.  (3) Not crossing the channel and attacking Britain when it was really defenceless. 4) Thinking he could repeat Napoleon's attack on Russia and not understand that the same Russian tactic would defeat him.  Supplies including winter uniforms, food, and fuel could not keep up.)  (5) Thinking America would never come in to the war.   And numerous others.  All contributed to his almost certain eventual downfall.  Even if he had invaded and conquered Britain he would eventually had to face America and that would have been a bigger problem than he already had in Russia where he was already stretched too far.  Just one nuke on Japan and one on Berlin would probably have been enough. I think he was ultimately doomed to fail but another few million were saved from dying over a war 1 or 2 years longer.   Now it is all brewing up again. Russia, China, North Korea and particularly Iran who have Allah on their side as the Americans have God and The Jews have Yahweh.  Silly people. It is all the same Abrahamic god and he presumably cannot exist or he wouldn't let whichever one really is his chosen people, be in this pickle.

On 10/6/2018 at 5:07 AM, JohnThailandJohn said:

Does it really matter if it was 4 or 6 million?

No, but it does matter if it was 6 million or 300,000.

The truth is out there on the internet - if you're willing to go looking for it.  You can start with this short video on the subject:

• Like 1

On the Pictures the Uniforms are Commie China with German Swastika.

Hence in my eyes a nice try of carnival parade..

Crazy Addie picture in a Hotel room, well whoever likes it upto him/her?

Everyone know the face so he is may be a good commercial value and nobody will claim copyrights for the picture..  

Its almost 80 years ago and slowly even the last of us should take it as a joke.

last week I have seen somebody wearing a Trump Mask, I think that is serious shit that should be banned.

where is your humor people?

On 10/6/2018 at 1:26 PM, sanemax said:

Although many other people did indeed die during the course of  the war , what sets the Jewish deaths apart is that it was one group of people systematically trying to make another group of people extinct by killing them all .

It wasnt about territory or Politics , it was about complete annihilation of one group of people

Do you really think the Jews were the only people the Nazi's were persecuting???

Holocaust victims

Victims Killed Source
Jews 5–6 million [1]
Soviet citizens 4.5 million [2]
Soviet POWs 2.8–3.3 million [3]
Poles 1.8–3 million [4][5][6]
Serbs 300,000–600,000 [7][8]
Disabled 270,000 [9]
Romani 130,000–500,000 [10][11]
Freemasons 80,000–200,000 [12][13]
Slovenes 20,000–25,000 [14]
Spanish Republicans 7,000 [15]
Homosexuals 5,000–15,000 [16]
Jehovah's
Witnesses
1,250–5,000
Edited by JohnThailandJohn

4 hours ago, JohnThailandJohn said:

Do you really think the Jews were the only people the Nazi's were persecuting???

Holocaust victims

Victims Killed Source
Jews 5–6 million [1]
Soviet citizens 4.5 million [2]
Soviet POWs 2.8–3.3 million [3]
Poles 1.8–3 million [4][5][6]
Serbs 300,000–600,000 [7][8]
Disabled 270,000 [9]
Romani 130,000–500,000 [10][11]
Freemasons 80,000–200,000 [12][13]
Slovenes 20,000–25,000 [14]
Spanish Republicans 7,000 [15]
Homosexuals 5,000–15,000 [16]
Jehovah's
Witnesses
1,250–5,000

But to just put that figure into perspective of the total of innocent victims that died

World War II civilians killed totalled 50 to 55 million, including 19 to 28 million from war-related disease and famine.

So lets ban pictures of anything and anybody war related. Ban toy guns too and anything that be seen as promoting any violence. Oh yes we will ban all boxing and other martial arts because that is violent too !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JohnThailandJohn said:

Sure, as soon as you can point out where I claimed you said such a thing. A little less emotion and more thought is usually a good thing. 

Post #135. 

Now, where did I call someone a Holocaust denier?

As to your second sentence...no idea what you are on about. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Post #135. 

Now, where did I call someone a Holocaust denier?

As to your second sentence...no idea what you are on about. 

As I stated before, you should be less energy into be emotional and more energy using logical thought. This would help you to understand the second sentence and also make you see I never accused you of calling any specific person a  Holocaust denier and am responding to your quoted statement in this post where you stated... "The Holocaust deniers and those who would try to deny the extent of what happened must be challenged. "

Take a breadth and understand some people are having healthy debate and skepticism while others see what they want about issues and others because they are putting emotion above logic.

Edit

PS: Done bickering with you over this as it is silly and serves no purpose except for some emotional win which I don't need but if it makes your boat float, you're welcome to continue on your own.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

I went to Germany as a kid just after the War finished. Perhaps these Millenials posting here should have too.Silly things you remember, when looking at totally devastated City areas you notice no birds sing, the devastation second. Just a thought.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JohnThailandJohn said:

As I stated before, you should be less energy into be emotional and more energy using logical thought. This would help you to understand the second sentence and also make you see I never accused you of calling any specific person a  Holocaust denier and am responding to your quoted statement in this post where you stated... "The Holocaust deniers and those who would try to deny the extent of what happened must be challenged. "

Take a breadth and understand some people are having healthy debate and skepticism while others see what they want about issues and others because they are putting emotion above logic.

Edit

PS: Done bickering with you over this as it is silly and serves no purpose except for some emotional win which I don't need but if it makes your boat float, you're welcome to continue on your own.

A: you have failed to back up the accusation made in post 135. 

B: Still no idea what you meant by that second sentence. 

C Don’t need advice from you on how to post.  

Troll posts removed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

5 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Maybe a little crop , so u can re-consider ? :crazy:

P1010510_That_Phanom.JPG

The symbol is not in the correct position for a Nazi Swastika.

Although, since the years are mentioned it was probably the intention of the  owner/driver to display a Nazi Swastika.

However, since in many Buddhist countries the Buddhist Swastika is a positive symbol, I think everybody should now the difference.

hakenkreuz.png.09eeb422234a601f8e0078f38a9e70cb.png

screenshot_848.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, uwe_rayong said:

Although, since the years are mentioned it was probably the intention of the  owner/driver to display a Nazi Swastika.

However, since in many Buddhist countries the Buddhist Swastika is a positive symbol, I think everybody should now the difference.

screenshot_848.jpg

Spot on....that is the 'Hakenkreuz'

The point is moot anyway as the Thai Gov't probably has no intention of banning the symbols and most Thai (if they thought about it) would just go on doing their thing...as they usually do.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, uwe_rayong said:

screenshot_848.jpg

Spot on....that is the 'Hakenkreuz'

The point is moot anyway as the Thai Gov't probably has no intention of banning the symbols and most Thai (if they thought about it) would just go on doing their thing...as they usually do.

Thais don't know world history and Americans don't know world history so it seems that the countries that likes have strong patriotism are lacking in history knowledge!?
But I can't really blame Americans for not knowing the world history as many don't even know the short history of US and most Thai's that only know the highly romanticized version of the Thai history that they teach in school!

However, I know some older Thai's that really knows their history, they fought in the 2nd Indochina war/The American war/or as Americans call it, the Vietnam war, and they were fighting on the Vietnamese side against the Americans...

16 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

Thais don't know world history and Americans don't know world history so it seems that the countries that likes have strong patriotism are lacking in history knowledge!?

Are you an American by any chance?