My wife cries a lot....mostly relating to phone addiction?

davidst01

15 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

The problem with your answer is, it is not funny at all, it is not Thai bashing at all, it is true 100%! :wink:

Even as far as the three times a day 277 B (or more but 3 times a day lol) :tongue:

It shows a perfect knowledge of their natures and therefore an easier mutual understanding :clap2:

That is just how it is for some Thais, i give the GF money for groceries and so on for 1 month and never a problem at all. I think you just have to look at stuff case by case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

That is just how it is for some Thais, i give the GF money for groceries and so on for 1 month and never a problem at all. I think you just have to look at stuff case by case.

Obviously some people, lots of Thais included, can manage money.

I think part of the problem are the "huge" numbers.

I.e. if a Thai gets 9,000B salary per month then they somehow realize that they have to be careful with the spending. It's a sum they know and understand.

But if they get suddenly 20k per month than that is soooo much more money that it's impossible to spend it all so let's party, there will be enough money. But then they find out that 20k, which was supposed to be for a month, can also be spent in a week.

And to be sure not to be accused of Thai bashing let's have a look at lots of lottery winners all over the world. Many of them think it's impossible to spend all those millions...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Media1 said:

Not ilegal. All very important anything could spill from her mouth. I record all situations as evidence. A bit like a go pro. The lawyer may need it at a later date. Use your brains

It's called having a perfect memory should it ever be needed in the future....

I have used this before & made scrupulous notes & timeline occurrence references off of it....

It worked.....

11 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

It's called having a perfect memory should it ever be needed in the future....

I have used this before & made scrupulous notes & timeline occurrence references off of it....

It worked.....

I curious about all this evidence and all the details. What do you really do with that information?

Let's say you bought a house in her name and a car and she borrowed a million baht from you for her business.

And at some stage she does not love you anymore and she will keep the house, the car, and all the cash she can get her hands on.

And then?

What exactly will you do with that recording that she promised you she will be a good wife and love you forever and you paid the house and she promises she will give you all that money back?

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I curious about all this evidence and all the details. What do you really do with that information?

Let's say you bought a house in her name and a car and she borrowed a million baht from you for her business.

And at some stage she does not love you anymore and she will keep the house, the car, and all the cash she can get her hands on.

And then?

What exactly will you do with that recording that she promised you she will be a good wife and love you forever and you paid the house and she promises she will give you all that money back?

It was a different scenario....I made notes off the occurrences that were clear & concise following an extended timeline.....

When push came to shove the complete recall was enough to dissuade any further action from the other party....It was meticulous & I made the notations quickly after the fact allowing for "feelings/revelations/reactions" for lack of a better term to be noted.....

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Of course.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Anyhow thinking seriously to put a whole group of any people in the same box could only be wrong but is ridiculous too!                                                                              I thought people understood there was a certain dose of humour in my comment, but I reckon that I found very funny the One More Farang's comment: "25,000B per month she will probably think: Wow, that's a lot of money, lets spend it. If you would give her 830B per day she would think differently. But the best is probably to give her three times a day 277 B.." 

4 hours ago, wolf81 said:

I am still also trying to manage our money better. Before I would send my GF 25.000 Baht a month for groceries, diapers and the like. But it seems to be a bit too little for her. I would also prefer to use about 5.000 Baht for myself (for coffee, beer, and paying small things like gasoline money, etc…). But with this money my GF can't manage and often she'd ask me to buy baby milk or diapers separately. Or if we'd go to the Tesco she'd ask me to pay the bill (last time 5000 Baht) To me this is annoying, makes me feel not in control of our spending habits.

So next month we'll open a shared bank account. I will put in 40.000 Baht each month and that should be enough for the both of us. I will make it very clear to my GF that when money is running low at the end of the month, perhaps we should wait a week or 2 before going to the Tesco. Etc… 

Is here family living area you are? Maybe the family hounds her for money. My wife’s family does and they ask me as well I give them things to do if they want money. Like Moe yard things I would do but not my favorite. You’d be amazed the work they (family) do if they know they get paid for it.

sometimes things you’ve not asked them to do. Once papa made a bamboo extension fo the garage so sun didn’t hit it. I told my wife tell uhh no not for that....

Anyway the family puts a lot of pressure of the daughter for money. Usually they won’t do it so you hear. But I’ve caught the sisters and mama and their not nice about it. 

One thing you need to consider the more you give the more will be spent. 

Talk it over with the wife and try to find middle ground. Good luck

12 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

Of course.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Anyhow thinking seriously to put a whole group of any people in the same box could only be wrong but is ridiculous too!                                                                              I thought people understood there was a certain dose of humour in my comment, but I reckon that I found very funny the One More Farang's comment: "25,000B per month she will probably think: Wow, that's a lot of money, lets spend it. If you would give her 830B per day she would think differently. But the best is probably to give her three times a day 277 B.." 

There is some humor in it for sure, just a lot of Thaibashing going on but not from you or onemorefarang. I might be a bit over sensitive about Thaibashing and responded. Anyway now that i read it again i see more humor. Its sometimes hard to get what is humor and what is bashing. Not that all negative comments are bashing. 

I have just been around Thais that were certainly a lot better with money then me. I suck at times, good thing i make lot more then what i spend. But i am not great at not spending.. i tend to buy too much at times.

Are you constantly reminding her of the money you put in and simply putting her under so much pressure? Many Thai women (and men) are very emotional anyway. Perhaps when the business was started she believed that you were an investor so to speak.

A good investor lends money and takes repayments on paying back the investment, interest and a small margin as to keep the person actually doing the work incentivized. Taking 50% and not doing anything would be a sure fire way to demoralize and create problems. No idea if this has any relevance to your situation, but so many on here are quick to bash the Thai's. Many of them no doubt a damn sight more successful than posters criticizing them.

The OP has not responded once to 5 pages of armchair advice. Makes me wonder about the veracity of his post.

Hopefully she has not taken a meat cleaver to him or 'accidentally' run him over. And I hope he didn't take her on a holiday and stay in a 13th floor room with low balcony railings.

Just kidding! I wish them well.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

There is some humor in it for sure, just a lot of Thaibashing going on but not from you or onemorefarang. I might be a bit over sensitive about Thaibashing and responded. Anyway now that i read it again i see more humor. Its sometimes hard to get what is humor and what is bashing. Not that all negative comments are bashing. 

I have just been around Thais that were certainly a lot better with money then me. I suck at times, good thing i make lot more then what i spend. But i am not great at not spending.. i tend to buy too much at times.

No, you are NOT "oversensitive" about Thai-bashing, reading TV every day could only lend to this reaction,  many times it's too much and almost unbearable, but I try not to intervene for the good state of my blood pressure lol and so thinking to myself you'd better find that more ridiculous than nasty so do not get involved :biggrin:

I know a Filipino teacher on a 22k salary . Still they are almost broke at the beginning of the month , because they send money back to their families. And owe money to others including me. 

So even with an okay salary they can't live on it. It's all about having control of your spending. And do not send money back to your relatives if you have to suffer financially yourself.  Very frustrating. 

3 hours ago, neeray said:

Makes me wonder about the veracity of his post.

maybe he is wondering about the veracity of the replies ???? Because I just read through most of these 5 pages and I just interpreted what seemed like a lot bitter responses - with exceptions of course.

Edited by Farangwithaplan