Carrefour Bread

sceadugenga

Kasem has them and so does Bake and Bite, but imho there hasn't been any decent bagels in CHiang Mai since the Salsa Kitchen (aka the bagel cafe) stopped making them

It's funny that you feel that way because - like much of John's food - his bagels were not at all authentic, but they tasted good. They were more like the bagels made to be used as sandwich bread for fast-food french cafes than New York bagels.

Bake and Bites taste more like the real thing, but I enjoy both places. :o

Good, useful posts guys. Actually since I saw bread flour in Top in Chiang Rai I'm thinking about bringing a bread maker over from Australia. Much more convenient than a bread oven and does all the kneading as well. Good recipes on the 'net too.

So much weight to bring though, so little weight allowance.

... We bought the bread at Carfour because this is quite good. But now we bake our own sourdough whole grain bread, much much better...

There is a house delivery service, which brings you fresh German Style bread at home. However I never tried it, as we make it ourselfs now. Here is the link: http://www.monsmade.com/

CM-Joe,

Home baked sourdough wholegrain.....etc better than carrrefour and mons....

Do you use a bread maker? Which brand? Where do you buy the flour?

If it goes to hand kneading and ovens I can't be bothered, but if a breadmaker etc I'd really like to know more.

LE

Kasem has them and so does Bake and Bite, but imho there hasn't been any decent bagels in CHiang Mai since the Salsa Kitchen (aka the bagel cafe) stopped making them

It's funny that you feel that way because - like much of John's food - his bagels were not at all authentic, but they tasted good. They were more like the bagels made to be used as sandwich bread for fast-food french cafes than New York bagels.

Bake and Bites taste more like the real thing, but I enjoy both places. :o

John's weren't New York bagels - his were Montreal style ones.

I never took to the Bake and Bite ones - I always thought they were stale.

Will be waiting for info from adjan on the german bakery.

This bakery is between Saraphi and Hang Dong.

From Saraphi, take the road that leads to the Ping river and Ban Tawai/Hang Dong.

At about 6 km from the Saraphi traffic lights, you'll see on the right hand side a sign for the Full Moon Resort. Take this road. The bakery is 200 m after the resort.

From Hang Dong, take the road that leads to the Ping river and Saraphi. Cross the bridge and turn left. Look for the sign (Full Moon Resort). Turn left. The bakery is 200 m after the resort.

I hope my explanations are clear.

It's closed on tuesday and sunday.

Tomorrow, I'll post the exact address and phone number.

... We bought the bread at Carfour because this is quite good. But now we bake our own sourdough whole grain bread, much much better...

There is a house delivery service, which brings you fresh German Style bread at home. However I never tried it, as we make it ourselfs now. Here is the link: http://www.monsmade.com/

CM-Joe,

Home baked sourdough wholegrain.....etc better than carrrefour and mons....

Do you use a bread maker? Which brand? Where do you buy the flour?

If it goes to hand kneading and ovens I can't be bothered, but if a breadmaker etc I'd really like to know more.

LE

Well my wife makes the bread by hand... But its fast done. The flour I get at Rimping. They good lour from Australia and also good whole grain from Thailand.

Audrey at Pie Sabai near Wat Umong does nearly every kind of bread imaginable, including sourdough.. Call in to get the fresh stuff otherwise Rimping stocks most of her wares.. Delicious.

For a German, or in my case a Swiss, this bread is quite bad... We bought the bread at Carfour because this is quite good. But now we bake our own sourdough whole grain bread, much much better...

Your produce looks good, but its very expensive compared to whats already available.. And not coming from Europe, "English style" breads do me just fine.., Pie Sabai, Carrefour, Kasems, UN Irish Pub all have good products at a fraction of your prices.. Good luck with your venture..AT

last night, I ordered a selection of their breads for delivery today...

Will let you know how they are.

Breads arrived, and tasted great. Nice when they tell you 2:30 and are exactly on time. :o

Kinda spendy compared to the norm here, but because they deliver I think it makes the price just right

This bakery is between Saraphi and Hang Dong.

From Saraphi, take the road that leads to the Ping river and Ban Tawai/Hang Dong.

At about 6 km from the Saraphi traffic lights, you'll see on the right hand side a sign for the Full Moon Resort. Take this road. The bakery is 200 m after the resort.

From Hang Dong, take the road that leads to the Ping river and Saraphi. Cross the bridge and turn left. Look for the sign (Full Moon Resort). Turn left. The bakery is 200 m after the resort.

I hope my explanations are clear.

It's closed on tuesday and sunday.

Tomorrow, I'll post the exact address and phone number.

J & S Bakery

22/2 Moo 6

Ban Nam Cho

A. Saraphi

Mobile phone: 0852234984

e-mail: [email protected]

adjan jb is of the French pursuation, so probably knows his breads! :o

Some of the best bread in my home city of Adelaide was made by Vietnamese refugees who started bakeries in the 1980s. No prizes for guessing who they picked up their skills from.

I once bought the wrong bread by accident at Carrefour - something like "Mediterranean" bread

Has red (pepper?) fleks in it and a yellowish colour. Very yummy.

A good mistake.

There are a couple of other good ones there. Can't remember the names - one has olives in it, one has different grains in it... Very good bread with some texture to it...