MotoGP racer slams Thai motorcyclists for riding on Bangkok pavement

snoop1130

13 hours ago, BigT73 said:

We know what you were really photographing we checked your google search history. " big butted, tracksuited, hijab wearing nymphs"

Or was it big-breasted, elephant-panted, sweatered, aquaphobic, female (I think) Chinese tourists?

Big-breasted-Chinese.thumb.JPG.ee88bd7f07db23512626779b8b53ab05.JPG

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/9/2018 at 7:01 PM, Phuketshrew said:

Given the shocking number of motorcycle road deaths in Thailand each year and the boasting about billions of baht being generated from the MotoGP it's a shame that they could not have used this event to publicize road safety on two wheels. An opportunity missed. But hey, as long as the baht keeps rolling in and the trough gets refilled then the powers that be don't really give a sh1t about reducing loss of life on the roads.

To heck, with motorcycle deaths on the roads.  This would not even be counted in those statistics.  The footpath is NOT a road.  This is about selfish, idiot , impatient, inconsiderate motorcyclists endangering pedestrians on footpaths, by NOT riding on the roads.

Since Thailand is the world's no.1 for traffic fatalities, and 75% of those are motorcyclist, there is a certain logic in preferring to ride on the pavements (or sidewalks for the colonial cousins), where the worst that likely to happen is a punch on the nose from an irritated farang (the local don't seem too bothered by it).. A good reason to wear a decent full-face helmet to reduce this risk.

12 minutes ago, steve73 said:

Since Thailand is the world's no.1 for traffic fatalities, and 75% of those are motorcyclist, there is a certain logic in preferring to ride on the pavements (or sidewalks for the colonial cousins), where the worst that likely to happen is a punch on the nose from an irritated farang (the local don't seem too bothered by it).. A good reason to wear a decent full-face helmet to reduce this risk.

2000 baht fine

26 minutes ago, steve73 said:

That would be a first - wearing a helmet to avoid injury.

I don't know if personal accident insurance would pay out if the claim said, "I broke my knuckles by striking a-hole of a motorcyclist for blocking my way on the pavement."

50 minutes ago, Media1 said:

2000 baht fine

I've seen 5,000 baht fines posted for motorized two-wheelers on shared bicycle path/pedestrian pavements/sidewalks. Lad Phrao 86, which has a nice, separated cycle path that is mis-used by motorcyclists in both directions, comes to mind. The Pizza delivery dudes from one of the malls are the worst offenders in my experience. The two dudes without helmets in the image are going in the direction of Lad Phrao 86 traffic and not using the cycle path for reversing.

Given the "motorbike infestation" in Bangkok, including the RTP, there's some real doubt in my mind that they actually intended to enforce the 5,000 baht fine for this cycle path.

Lad Phrao 86 Street View

LP_86_MB_on_Cycle_Path.jpeg.47a0959915f2a02669b23b43285445fd.jpeg

Archived