Stolen Passport

drake84

My passport was recently stolen either in Ban Phe or Koh Samet, I'm not sure. I can't figure out why anyone would have done it. They left my I-Pod, which is kind of worrisome. A couple of Thais I think were telling me that someone could change the picture and use the passport as their own. Anyway, I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone as to what I need to do. Can anyone tell me straight up where to go? I'm American and I see that the US embassy is in Bangkok. Is that where I need to go? What will be required of me? Thanks so much for your help.

My passport was recently stolen either in Ban Phe or Koh Samet, I'm not sure. I can't figure out why anyone would have done it. They left my I-Pod, which is kind of worrisome. A couple of Thais I think were telling me that someone could change the picture and use the passport as their own. Anyway, I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone as to what I need to do. Can anyone tell me straight up where to go? I'm American and I see that the US embassy is in Bangkok. Is that where I need to go? What will be required of me? Thanks so much for your help.

You will need to go to the relevant police station, to make it easy go to the next one and tell them you just saw it missing, and don't know where it disappeared. Then you get a report, go to the embassy, get a new or emergency passport, and then off to the immigration where you get your visa stamp replaced.

Very common, and yes, your passport will be used by an illegal immigrant after the book was altered.

Edited by ColPyat

Yep, you need to go to the US Embassy on Wireless Road in BKK. You will also have to prove your identity to them to obtain a replacement passport. So hopefully you have a copy of your passport, a driver's license, or better yet, your birth certificate.

When you get to the US Embassy, go to the ACS (American Consular Services) dept. By the way, do not expect anything to happen overnight (i.e. with the replacement of your passport). You may might be spending quite a few more days in Thailand... which may not be that bad... as they verify your identity. It is your responsibility to sort out any issues (and possibly costs) with the airline should you find that you are unable to make your departing flight.

Edited by Gumballl

Of course you have a copy of your passport information page so that you have your old passport number - right?

If you still need your (missing) passport number your hotel might have it recorded on the information form you fill out at the front desk.

Better get hot on replacing your old passport if you have a departure coming up pretty soon! Missing your flight because your passport is missing could be expensive.

Good luck!

Of course you have a copy of your passport information page so that you have your old passport number - right?

If you still need your (missing) passport number your hotel might have it recorded on the information form you fill out at the front desk.

Better get hot on replacing your old passport if you have a departure coming up pretty soon! Missing your flight because your passport is missing could be expensive.

Good luck!

Most hotels make photo copies of passport on check-in, so you should have a copy there if needed.

First you report to the local police.

get a written stament from them that you have

REPORTED it stolen.

Then phone the embassy in bangkok to inform

them that its been stolen.

Make your way to the embassy to get

some form of passport,

Next time you leave home bring your mum.

I am now you! Its so cheap.......by the way, can I borrow your family, so it looks legit? Stop going in a panic, everyone is not bad, kiss me xxx p.s Next time wear a whistle... blow it hard then we all can run and help you...unless you go to your countrys website and follow the "lose your passport guidance"...

Edited by lopburiguy

Well if you are not him who lost the passport, your in England, because on thai visa they are all rather sleepy and living in thailnd by this time , sleep..lucky ppl

By the way, the passport has herpes, so many hands on it....

Been on the booze, hit by a TukTuk, truck, train or mad elephant ?..... :o

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Well if you are not him who lost the passport, your in England, because on thai visa they are all rather sleepy and living in thailnd by this time , sleep..lucky ppl

By the way, the passport has herpes, so many hands on it....

Been on the booze, hit by a TukTuk, truck, train or mad elephant ?..... :o

LaoPo

Actaully it was a large yorksire pudding with Jim Morrison and Elvis riding on the top and they were taking me to a stationery shop in reading.

Tickets please "All aboard." Magical Mystery Tour

:D

I am the walrus?

Edited by lopburiguy

You first have to make a police report,Lumpini police are near the embassy.Then you have to go to the embassy and hope you don't get an idiot behind the window.They can get you an emergency 3 month to a year passport .Bring any ID that you have with you.Then you have to go to Thai immigration and get a new stamp.If you want a full 10 yr passport you will need a birth certificate and it will take two weeks.If you read your passport you should have photo copies and it makes it a lot easier.Always have photo copies in a separate location.It helps a lot.If you don't have them learn and be prepared next time. :o:D:D