UK govt petitioned to reinstate proof of income letters for British expats in Thailand

webfact

On 10/13/2018 at 4:29 AM, Nurseynutcase said:

Just to let everyone know I have just e-mailed [email protected].

Received an automated reply saying my letter cannot be dealt with as I am not resident in South West Surrey.

Instead to contact him at;

[email protected]

Sorry if this is a repetition of another post - I must admit I haven't read all of them.

So how does Hunts email system know the emails of all the people resident in South West Surrey????? Or that the emails name corresponds to a real name of residents?

Or is it a stupid question?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bigginhill said:

So how does Hunts email system know the emails of all the people resident in South West Surrey????? Or that the emails name corresponds to a real name of residents?

Or is it a stupid question?

I contacted him via his Twitter account.

• 1 month later...

Having been informed on 103FM that the Immigration Department would accept bank statements showing income greater than B65K to be acceptable I went down to the Jomtien immigration office with some copies of my bank statements and spoke to the guy who checks your documents before they are submitted.  He advised that there are only two ways of getting your retirement visa renewed, a) by showing that you have had B800k in a fixed interest account for 3 months before the application and b) a proof of income letter from the British Embassy.  I reminded him of the B65k requirement and he told me they do not accept this avenue.  I then spoke with some friends who informed me that it is possible.  Which is it?

HELP!

7 hours ago, maddermax said:

Having been informed on 103FM that the Immigration Department would accept bank statements showing income greater than B65K to be acceptable I went down to the Jomtien immigration office with some copies of my bank statements and spoke to the guy who checks your documents before they are submitted.  He advised that there are only two ways of getting your retirement visa renewed, a) by showing that you have had B800k in a fixed interest account for 3 months before the application and b) a proof of income letter from the British Embassy.  I reminded him of the B65k requirement and he told me they do not accept this avenue.  I then spoke with some friends who informed me that it is possible.  Which is it?

HELP!

Your friends are right!

From the Gov.UK website:-

"British Nationals should now demonstrate that they have an amount of at least 800,000 THB in an account in Thailand for no less than three months prior to the visa application, or a monthly income of at least 65,000 THB transferred into an account in Thailand for a retirement visa."

And I believe that the same criteria applies to other nationals whose Embassies have "pulled the plug on the Proof of Income letters. 

On 10/13/2018 at 9:29 AM, Nurseynutcase said:

Just to let everyone know I have just e-mailed [email protected].

Received an automated reply saying my letter cannot be dealt with as I am not resident in South West Surrey.

Instead to contact him at;

[email protected]

Sorry if this is a repetition of another post - I must admit I haven't read all of them.

You left surrey to move to this poo hole? The British embassy is only for tea and almond slices on the lawn.

Archived