Thai girlfriend of my age/earning power pressuring me to be financially supported

andux

59 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

personally I think it's a lot better that the mother is at home and can give the kids her full attention all day long.

My 7-year old kid starts school at 7:30am and I collect him at 5:15pm, he isn't at home 'all day' in the week.

When he started kintergarten age 3, he was finished at 4:15pm (5:15pm end cost extra).

Normal Thai government school 5 minutes down the road,

I'm thinking you don't have much experience with schools and kids in Thailand.

Mom would be home alone.

Edited by BritManToo

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Why not stay with her as a girlfriend, and you both keep your own condos?

No need to actually say that to her (and rock the boat), just prevaricate. 

It's the norm all over the world, they're just not quite so obvious in the western world, and wait until after marriage to find an excuse not to work any more. Once they've moved into your condo the sex usually gets less frequent as well.

Yeah, we don't live together at the moment, but we've discussed it in the past, and that's why I suggested that, especially now that we are both doing well financially.

I agree with western women doing the same but in a less obvious way. Have been thinking about that recently, and how most women in the west, no matter how feminist and equalitarian they are, end up retiring early, being maintained by their husbands/ex-husbands ????

By the way, are you married?

What are your future plans?

Are you planning to have kids? And if you have kids will she stay at home and take care of them and you continue to work and make money?

Personally I find it sad that in many modern families both work and nobody has much time for the kids anymore. And personally I think it's a lot better that the mother is at home and can give the kids her full attention all day long.

Maybe this is what she wants and then she obviously has to make sure that you are willing to pay for this situation. I think that's only fair.

Just talk with her about it...

The plan is to have kids, but not yet. Maybe in 5-6 years from now.

I see where you are coming from with your idea of modern families not having time for the kids, but in our case we are both business owners with plenty of flexibility.

I own a location-independent business and can stay at home with the kids as long as necessary, although I need to travel, for business, for 1-2 weeks, 3-4 times a year. Shouldn't be a big problem I believe. She owns a store and has a handful of employees working for her, so she only needs to be there 3-4 days a week, and only around 5 hours each day. She also has plenty of flexibility, the ability to take days off when necessary, switching shifts with her employees, etc.

So, in other words, there would be no problems dedicating time to the kids, as long as the current situation doesn't change. 

I get the feeling that somehow she has the idea that men should provide, ingrained in her head. There really is no logical explanation for it. Her only argument is that I'm the man, she is the woman, and no matter how much she earns I still have to provide for her. She is strongly convinced that she won't spend a penny on housing costs, cars, or children's education. 

Is it maybe because of the concept of "milking the foreigner", like someone else said? Would love to know of Thai women who help with housing costs/cars/education. Unfortunately all of my girlfriend's friends have married foreigners and are being provided for, so it's hard to get some perspective here.

Edited by andux
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

watch 90days fiancee on TLC ... you have one of the ex blowjob bar girls demanding 500.000 sin sod, a buffalo, gold, etc...  who in their mind would cough up that kind of money for this kind of girl ...  complaining about USA while she had nothing in Thailand and thought everybody were super rich and the roads paved with gold

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

grow up ... be a man ,,, that's what she wants and expects ,,, otherwise, she remains a whore ,,, what she wants is respectability ,,, and if this is your attitude, you can't provide (or won't) provide it. And yeah ,,, I'm 'old school', so get over it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1