fallen foul of income requirement

due to the Thai  / pound  exchange rates I am now 3000 bht  short  of the required  40.000 monthly

income    as the ex-rate is hardly unlikely to improve   also if the embassy is no longer producing income letter  will immigration any  alternative ie  imm accepting bank statements

if all of income   what alternatives  can i use  ie visa could i apply for

i am  married  and over 50  also i have here lived for eight years

If you're applying for a marriage extension then what about 400,000 baht deposited in a Thai bank account in your name?  Of course not everyone wants to tie up large sums of money here, especially with the weak pound. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

If desperate or lazy use an agent, under 13k a year, first year 20k

16 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

any suggestions as to the names of such agents ?live i deepest kalasin area

Lamkyong, as you live in Kasalin, you're not far from Savannakhet. I would suggest you that explore UJ's advice rather than use an agent. It will probably be cheaper and, most importantly, you'll know that it will be legal. See Ratchatcher's comment above.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

but only 456 @ todays rate

And which rate are you using? Immigration tend to calculate compliance with income requirements on the basis of Bangkok Bank's Bank Notes Buying Rate (currently 42.32). You can ascertain the corresponding rate for each of the other days when you made a transfer, as advised by ubonjoe, through the following link:-

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/View-Rates/Foreign-Exchange-Rates

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not allowed for extensions of stay based upon marriage. The combination option is only for retirement extensions.

but if i deposit the full 400.000 and to use for  future proof  are their any other things I should be aware of ie restrictions except the 3 month seasoning

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

but if i deposit the full 400.000 and to use for  future proof  are their any other things I should be aware of ie restrictions except the 3 month seasoning

No restrictions other than it has to be in the bank for 2 months (3 is for retirement extensions) on the date you apply and in your name only.

• Like 2

Take into account that your status as a married man with a Thai wife with the financial resources to sustain your family is the prime reason to grant PTS. Your circumstances are provided for under the Immigration Act which makes no mention of specific sums of money or income so if your case is genuine the act doesn't require you to have specific resources or to leave the country for any reason other than your choosing. There are many cases of people using irregular means to circumventing the spirit of the law and with the collusion of some Immigration officers, if you are not one of those there should be no need to contemplate backdoor deals. It is no secret that the pound has lost value and your situation is shared by many people so in your position I would make representation through official channels.
This may seem incredibly naive of me, especially by people who regularly use irregular means to stay in this country but, honesty and sinserity of purpose can count a great deal.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
You're suggesting they will make allowances because of the GBP drop. Any evidence of that? The only allowances I've heard of are in the shape of bungs / tips
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Take into account that your status as a married man with a Thai wife with the financial resources to sustain your family is the prime reason to grant PTS. Your circumstances are provided for under the Immigration Act which makes no mention of specific sums of money or income so if your case is genuine the act doesn't require you to have specific resources or to leave the country for any reason other than your choosing.

Could you please provide the section of the immigration act of 1979 that states that. I don't think you can provide it since no such clause exists.

• Like 1

If one is slightly short of the average 40K/month for a year, would it not be possible to return, say 40/50K to the UK and then re-transfer it.?Payments into the Thai bank would then exceed 480,000Baht over the full year..   Note that if UK state pension is paid directly to a Thai bank account it is paid every 28 days, therefore there are 13 deposits showing in the passbook over a full year.

A multiple entry non-o visa is being mooted as an alternative to to 'retirement visas'..But what are the implications of such visas? Are they easy yo obtain? Are they easy to renew? If they are easy and cheap why do people bother with extensions based retirement?

1 minute ago, The manic said:

A multiple entry non-o visa is being mooted as an alternative to to 'retirement visas'..But what are the implications of such visas? Are they easy yo obtain? Are they easy to renew? If they are easy and cheap why do people bother with extensions based retirement?

This only works if youre married to a Thai, & the disadvantage compared to an extension is that you have to leave the country every 90 days with all the attendant costs, with an extension you just fill a form in at your nearest immigration office without leaving the country, much cheaper & doesn't waste 1 1/2 passport pages every 90 days....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The manic said:

A multiple entry non-o visa is being mooted as an alternative to to 'retirement visas'..

In which topic?

It has only been mentioned in this topic for the OP who is married to a Thai.

The only nearby location that will issue a multiple entry non-o visa for retirement is Penang and it requires 800k bath in the bank for proof of 65k baht income to apply for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No restrictions other than it has to be in the bank for 2 months (3 is for retirement extensions) on the date you apply and in your name only.

Does the 400,000 baht have to come from abroad or will Immigration accept monies placed into the account in Thailand?

Could you please provide the section of the immigration act of 1979 that states that. I don't think you can provide it since no such clause exists.

You are correct of course, I can't prove a negative.
As far as I can see The Act provides for people to stay temporarily in the Kingdom, diplomats, students, sportsmen all the way down to most of us who are 4-34-15 I think, namely 'other purposes.' The conditions under which we are able to stay is not stipulated in The Act. The Act is executed by means of a panel of civil servants presided over by the director and it is they who stipulate the conditions which qualify as 'other' and it was their predecessors and preceding MPs who formulated the Act in the first place.
What we are referring to as laws are ministerial regulations which carry the force of law only if the commission approves them when they are applied. The act provides for appeal to this commision in the case of permission to stay being withdrawn and it is this appeal to which I refer.
I see the changes which happened in my memory whereby three months of deposit required for extension of stay, extensions of stay not being considered 90 day reports, visa changes in country, etc. as examples of how the rules can be changed when circumstances change.
As I said I may be naive but I think that it is worth a try.

You're suggesting they will make allowances because of the GBP drop. Any evidence of that? The only allowances I've heard of are in the shape of bungs / tips

"bungs/tips" are not provided for in The Act.
I can see no better reason to consider a drop in the pound as qualifying for a change in the rules where the alternative is to break up a 'genuine' family where at least one member is a Thai citizen with voting rights.

• Like 1