Yet more confusion over the removal of Income Certification Letter for British expats

rooster59

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I wasn't aware that if you had say 65,000 Baht going into your Thai account every month then you didn't need the embassy letter. 

Well I cannot say as I always just left the 400k year round earning interest in a Thai account but.... That proof from a Thai bank showing you had those funds coming in each & every month would likely satisfy wouldn't it?

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The embassy letter has been and still is required for income based applications. Thai immigration has never and does not now require full import of claimed income, monthly or any other period. Such a requirement is onerous for a large portion of people that DO have the income they claim. 

Yes..yes...of course a letter is needed for those not showing import of 65k a month thru Thai banks but, You have a sky is falling fever in many of these threads...but it is unlikely any requirement of FULL IMPORT of claimed income as you keep claiming without proof...again in so many threads. The most that would be required of proof   would be the 40or65k THB depending on if your married to a Thai national or not. Or the simpler 400-800  in a bank

As  for your other claim of it being "onerous for a large portion of people that DO have the income they claim." How so?? If as you say they DO have the income?? Again these are not large amounts of money & most would use more than 40-65kthb per month in normal Thai living anyway

Truth is only the fake types Big Joke is looking for will fret this storm in a teacup & they should have left long ago anyway.

11 minutes ago, meechai said:

Well I cannot say as I always just left the 400k year round earning interest in a Thai account but.... That proof from a Thai bank showing you had those funds coming in each & every month would likely satisfy wouldn't it?

er, no.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

No. I have a travelers card that is linked to my Australian Bank Account and I transfer money from my main account to the travelers card in what ever currency I want to use and then I just go to an ATM that accepts VISA cards and withdraw the money and I get a Stat Dec from Australian Embassy for Thai Immigration and no problems. I do not need a Thai bank account.

So your using an atm in Thailand & have receipts, Isn't that proof

10 minutes ago, meechai said:

So your using an atm in Thailand & have receipts, Isn't that proof

No, I don't bother with the receipts because I don't need them. If I need to show anything to the Thai Immigration I only have to show the Stat Dec and if need extra then I can show my proof of income which goes into my Australian bank account which is what is declared on my stat dec

Edited by Russell17au

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's needed for all income based applications.

Times are changing & truthfully the health insurance proof or set funds retainer locked is next & will be a much tougher pill for many to swallow. This income proof one? will be worked out by most

Edited by meechai

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

No, I don't bother with the receipts because I don't need them. If I need to show anything to the Thai Immigration I only have to show the Stat Dec and if need extra then I can show my proof of income which goes into my Australian bank account which is what is declared on my stat dec

Well not hard to save receipts from ATM as they are generated/traceable anyway

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

What is wrong with you Meechai ? How many times must it be said, they don't give a toss about your proof, they want a stat dec or an embassy letter.

I dont believe it personally ????

1) embassy's will stop issuing..fact

2) Other solid proof will then of course acceptable

Sky is not falling for those who show X required amount comes thru Thailand

Wait & See

Edited by meechai

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

I have no doubt.

It's surprised and saddened me, nay disgusted me that a number of TVF posters have revelled in the plight of their fellow expats. "I'm alright, up yours" seems to be the order of the day.

"I can afford to keep 800k in the bank, if you can't, bye bye, we don't want you here" isn't an attitude that I would have expected, but then again...…..

Some guys just too full of it. Have I revelled? No. Do I use the 800k lump sum method for my visa? No. What I do though is appreciate the work of the Embassy in the face of the self-appointed whingers who are quite happy to push their negative speculations into self-evident 'truths' and then get the hump when someone bothers to point out their nonsenses. Phew! Feel quite better after that...............

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, meechai said:

Common sense + friends of wife work in govt ????

Common sense = No

BS = yes

What part of Government does friends of wife work in? Immigration Commission? Land Office?

Edited by Russell17au

Just now, Russell17au said:

I believe that you are just a troll on this thread as you just do not bother to listen to people that know more about this than you do.

The Immigration regulations clearly state that you need a Letter of income/affirmation of income/ statutory declaration as proof of income for the income system for both the retirement and marriage extension and you will never change it and it does not matter how much you try to scare monger it only shows that you do not know what you are talking about

Come on.............If embassy stop issuing letters what do you think??

Thailand kick all who used that method previously out?

Come On...know more? What do you "know"

You know an old method may be closed..you really  think no substitutes will  be allowed?

If so the take the simplest of all routes...put 400k in a Thai bank

it is not much money in any currency

1 minute ago, meechai said:

I dont believe it personally ????

1) embassy's will stop issuing..fact

2) Other solid proof will then of course acceptable

Sky is not falling for those who show X required amount comes thru Thailand

Wait & See

only BE will stop issuing, at least that is what other embassies are saying, fact

The IO has told my wife, only the embassy letter will be accepted  fact.