Chevrolet Change oil change times but why?

kannot

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kannot said:

Was talking "in general"  ( as mentioned)but im sure I could dig some ploblems up.......if u really want.

Then again as we all know you cant complain much in Thailand for the libel laws which really dont help.

All irrelevant though, I have my answer from Chevrolet.............now lets see what Ford say .....Am sure you just "cant wait" for that thread???

U may need Kwsakis spanner

I think you have got the wrong end of my stick.....I couldn't give a flying fish what truck you or anyone else buys in LOS, for me the ones that take care of you "in LOS" to me seems sensible....

12 minutes ago, transam said:

I think you have got the wrong end of my stick.....I couldn't give a flying fish what truck you or anyone else buys in LOS, for me the ones that take care of you "in LOS" to me seems sensible....

Ah ok, so this isnt about  my choice of service interval/ pick up choice  its about which Co., will take care of you.

Therein lies the rub, I know Toyota will take care of me at "MY" local dealers but the  trucks just ugly for me, The Chevvy i like the look of  and drove it but the dealers an "unknown"

Which ive already said "Ive had  good service off my Toyota dealer" but equally good  service off "one" Honda  dealer (Wifes old  Jazz) but then another dealer was crap (Honda).

Service from  one Nissan dealer Wife's current Juke is....so so.

Ive asked about Chevvy service in another thread and got mixed results then said in this one ( I  think) that service is really down to the individual  dealer in most cases.

its also hard to find any "facts" in Thailand due to their dumbass laws on defamation which is why i tend to look to Australia for real data, + their models are all built here.

2 minutes ago, kannot said:

Ah ok, so this isnt about  my choice of service interval/ pick up choice  its about which Co., will take care of you.

Therein lies the rub, I know Toyota will take care of me at "MY" local dealers but the  trucks just ugly for me, The Chevvy i like the look of  and drove it but the dealers an "unknown"

Which ive already said "Ive had  good service off my Toyota dealer" but equally good  service off "one" Honda  dealer (Wifes old  Jazz) but then another dealer was crap (Honda).

Service from  one Nissan dealer Wife's current Juke is....so so.

Ive asked about Chevvy service in another thread and got mixed results then said in this one ( I  think) that service is really down to the individual  dealer in most cases.

its also hard to find any "facts" in Thailand due to their dumbass laws on defamation which is why i tend to look to Australia for real data, + their models are all built here.

As we are talking about LOS you KNOW Toyota ticks all your boxes except you don't like it's external looks, the thing you look at from your bedroom window (well nobody else out there gives a stuff).  

23 minutes ago, transam said:

This guy is so funny it's gonna be a record number of pages over oil use in a flinging truck, I can post you my oil plug spanner. ????

29 minutes ago, transam said:

As we are talking about LOS you KNOW Toyota ticks all your boxes except you don't like it's external looks, the thing you look at from your bedroom window (well nobody else out there gives a stuff).  

I don't think you've convinced him

35 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

This guy is so funny it's gonna be a record number of pages over oil use in a flinging truck, I can post you my oil plug spanner. ????

Your'e  gonna  need  more than one.

I aint done yet,   and wait for my Ford thread coming soon????

37 minutes ago, transam said:

Nah I dont like the interior as much as the Chevvy either  especially that big screen  which looks  like theyve just thrown it  in there, thought the Ford one was a  bit cack in places also, Thankfully  got no neighbours so no one can see it to save my embarrassment "if" I buy  it.

Sure my droning  on keeps  you all entertained anyway.

19 minutes ago, kannot said:

Nah I dont like the interior as much as the Chevvy either  especially that big screen  which looks  like theyve just thrown it  in there, thought the Ford one was a  bit cack in places also, Thankfully  got no neighbours so no one can see it to save my embarrassment "if" I buy  it.

Sure my droning  on keeps  you all entertained anyway.

Well, no entertainment for me...So you want to buy a Chevy cos you think that others think it looks cool, well you can't see it inside, but perhaps maybe others think why did he buy one of those...????...

Call me old fashioned but for me having a windscreen, wing/door mirrors that cover stuff is all I need..I don't need or take any notice of a dash "screen"...In fact I cannot recall looking around at stuff in any ride whilst driving, especially in LOS..

59 minutes ago, transam said:

Well, no entertainment for me...So you want to buy a Chevy cos you think that others think it looks cool, well you can't see it inside, but perhaps maybe others think why did he buy one of those...????...

Call me old fashioned but for me having a windscreen, wing/door mirrors that cover stuff is all I need..I don't need or take any notice of a dash "screen"...In fact I cannot recall looking around at stuff in any ride whilst driving, especially in LOS..

Never said "I" wanted to look "cool" said I dont like the look of the Toyota, the main reason many folk buy what they buy is  looks. Depends I guess on  what u want, what others think is up to them, when they pay they can choose.

38 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Looking Cool in a Truck ?. Yes if your 17 and its a Dodge Ram Dualy in Texas.Here you look a bit farang daft in one unless you sell Water Mellons. Or enjoy bickering over a tin of oil.:crazy:

No one except Trans has mentioned "looking cool". All farangs  look daft and I enjoy a good  melon, better still a good  pair of melons. Bickering over oil? Nah, trying to get extended service intervals and keep warranty...yes

Who buys something they dont find attractive in a vehicle?............unless geriatric and reliability is  the most important thing "they"  look for.

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

A Chevvy pickup is exciting in comparison? You are wanting style on a PICKUP? You are a very funny man.

I also used to drive a Vigo. It was the perfect appliance, but very boring to drive. I actually did not enjoy driving it at all.

Now I have a Chevrolet and I am very happy with it. It is actually fun to drive and it looks great!

So, I could have kept the Toyota appliance and hate driving it, or I could buy a truck that I enjoy driving. My money, My choice.

There are plenty of Chevrolets on the roads up here in the far NE of Thailand.

5 minutes ago, Issanman said:

I also used to drive a Vigo. It was the perfect appliance, but very boring to drive. I actually did not enjoy driving it at all.

Now I have a Chevrolet and I am very happy with it. It is actually fun to drive and it looks great!

So, I could have kept the Toyota appliance and hate driving it, or I could buy a truck that I enjoy driving. My money, My choice.

There are plenty of Chevrolets on the roads up here in the far NE of Thailand.

How old is it, does it have a GM battery (AC Delco)..?

9 minutes ago, transam said:

I've had it 15 months now. The truck has 18500km on it currently. It still has the Delco battery.

HCS.jpg.bfd7fedba9008ea31e33cbb516554f09.jpg

2017 Chevrolet High Country Storm 4WD automatic.

7 minutes ago, Issanman said:

I've had it 15 months now. The truck has 18500km on it currently. It still has the Delco battery.

A friend in the trade told me that only an AC Delco will fit the Chevy, nothing else, so if the battery fails you cannot fit the standard size/fitting battery that most others use. The Isuzu version uses the standard size battery that you can buy anywhere..Perhaps they have changed that stuff now..

PS. Nice colour choice...

Tell me.Is there a ferang who would buy a New Ford Truck in White with FORD in great big RED letters on the front grill. Saw one yesterday and felt embarrassed for the tiny Thai Lady. Typical Thai Husband choise.[emoji572]️

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, transam said:

Surely  you should be asking  not about the  battery but if  it  affects  the warranty by using that battery????

3 hours ago, Issanman said:

Now thats a nice looking truck!! Well , as  trucks can be

Let me know how it keeps  going......or not.

I think a small update is  due , Im holding out for that or to see if the new Bi Turbo engine on Ford holds up or  not and I want to test drive the Bi Turbo  Ford when Im back in Thailand in a few  weeks.

3 hours ago, Issanman said:

Usually get about 3  years out  of  a  battery here but Honda Jazz would expire in about 18  months, reckon engine bays in that were really tight and they got extra  hot

5 minutes ago, kannot said:

Usually get about 3  years out  of  a  battery here but Honda Jazz would expire in about 18  months, reckon engine bays in that were really tight and they got extra  hot

13 minutes ago, kannot said:

Surely  you should be asking  not about the  battery but if  it  affects  the warranty by using that battery????

I was thinking more about if you were up country and the GM battery failed you would be stuffed as the only battery that will fit is a GM (AC Delco) battery...

9 minutes ago, transam said:

I was thinking more about if you were up country and the GM battery failed you would be stuffed as the only battery that will fit is a GM (AC Delco) battery...

Cobblers anything fits GMs,whats a Chev Battery look like then.?.

2 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Looks like a Beached Whale.Turned Blue.

I think theres a buy  one get one free offer on the glasses....if youre  quick.

seriously you know its a personal thing, Trans Lurrrrrrrrrrrrrves his Toyota whereas I think theyre dull

Archived