Video: Hunt on for green shirted motorcyclist who fled scene of horror accident

webfact

Video: Hunt on for green shirted motorcyclist who fled scene of horror accident

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Dash cam footage from Route 9 in Bang Pa-In north of Bangkok showed a 25 year old motorcyclist tumble under the wheels of an 18 wheel truck after a collision with another motorcyclist. 

The motorcyclist in the green shirt managed to escape injury. Rather than stop to help he fled the scene on his bike. 

Other motorists and the driver of the truck are shown at the scene as the injured man writhes on the tarmac.

Pol Capt Wimon Somboon of the Chang Yai police said that the injured man was pronounced dead in hospital. 

He was named as Prasit, aged 25, who had been riding a Honda MSX. 

Truck driver Wichai Kesaphan was not charged. He said he was driving normally. 

The hunt is on for the man in the green shirt. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-15

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible accident and outcome but just typifies the lack of care and attention motorcyclists employ.  The green shirt man was wearing a crash helmet and just undertook the car apparently without looking over his shoulder to check. The guy who died with the white T-sheet, who was not wearing a helmet, not that it would have saved him, pulled out from behind the truck without apparently looking either. Of course the collision occurred which was totally avoidable.  Mindless and it happens every minute of the day here. 

horrible . . . . RIP young man!

Watch the driver of the small white car emerging from it, just to firstly check his car for scratches and damage, before he turns his attention towards the injured . . . . . . . mimimimimi

while I'd say both motorcyclists could have avoided the crash by using a little bit more of attention to their actions . . . . 

4 minutes ago, crazygreg44 said:

Watch the driver of the small white car emerging from it, just to firstly check his car for scratches and damage, before he turns his attention towards the injured . . . . . . . mimimimimi

while I'd say both motorcyclists could have avoided the crash by using a little bit more of attention to their actions . . . . 

I always find that bizzare when someone jumps out of a vehicle where there are injuries and are just focused on damage to a vehicle. Poor specimens of human beings.

7 minutes ago, crazygreg44 said:

Not only Thai . Just the other week I was knocked down /over by a car. Driver was a foreigner . I was just crawling out from under the car, my dog ( was with me) still under the car and the only thing he was worried about was his car, mind you it was an old shitbox

Motorcyclists filtering at high speed and motorcyclists crossing traffic without looking is common and sometimes ends badly for the riders. This is just another example of the complete lack of skill and traffic enforcement. 

Rule number 1.never allow yourself to be the filling of a sandwich between trucks and cars.2 ride in the scooter lane.3 don't speed you'll get there in the end.one day far far Away in the distant future they might look at making truck side safety rails  law in Asia where so many people travel by scooter.as for the culprit it just thainess at its finest.

IMG_2528.PNG

3 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Motorcyclists filtering at high speed and motorcyclists crossing traffic without looking is common and sometimes ends badly for the riders. This is just another example of the complete lack of skill and traffic enforcement. 

It looks as just friends road racing trip going bad because no traffic police 

RIP 

4 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

Maybe a little harsh, looking at the scene I think he is vomiting. To be fair this is a very confronting incident and I think any body without training would not know what to do.

Did he die, he was moving in the video and the report did not say he died (or did I miss it)

not that that is of much help, poor riding and as others have said no one really cares it seems.

7 minutes ago, alant said:

Did he die, he was moving in the video and the report did not say he died (or did I miss it)

not that that is of much help, poor riding and as others have said no one really cares it seems.

"Other motorists and the driver of the truck are shown at the scene as the injured man writhes on the tarmac.

Pol Capt Wimon Somboon of the Chang Yai police said that the injured man was pronounced dead in hospital. "

Third and fourth sentences of the OP

38 minutes ago, fantom said:

Maybe a little harsh, looking at the scene I think he is vomiting. To be fair this is a very confronting incident and I think any body without training would not know what to do.

essentially nothing to do.  even if medics were in ambulance behind truck. abdomen and or chest crushed by truck tire. a cowboy medic might try a chest tube or 2 but likely futile.

1 hour ago, alant said:

Pol Capt Wimon Somboon of the Chang Yai police said that the injured man was pronounced dead in hospital. 

5 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Terrible accident and outcome but just typifies the lack of care and attention MANY motorcyclists employ....Mindless and it happens every minute of the day here. 

I agree with your criticism but as a responsible motorbike rider I take issue with the possibly unintentional over-generalization.  So, fixed that for you.  ???? Cheers

Two fools on motorcycles both driving like morons.  Hence 80% of the traffic deaths are motorcyclists.  This is pretty much textbook.

Green shirt moron cuts across traffic without looking to the rear.
White shirt moron spits traffic at excessive speed instead of driving on the left hand shoulder where he's legally suppose to be.  And that ultimately caused his death. 

Just another day and another statistic on The Number One Most Dangerous Roads in the World where excessive speed, aggressive driving, and clueless driving is the norm.  :sad:

Green shirt moron cuts across traffic without looking to the rear.
White shirt moron spits traffic at excessive speed instead of driving on the left hand shoulder where he's legally suppose to be.  And that ultimately caused his death. 

Green shirt did look back left but continued on slowly. White shirt was going too fast and taking stupid risks, i see it daily. Unlucky to go under the wheels.

I watch these type of videos on liveleak, some obvious mistakes made, others pure bad luck

6 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

..even if i hit a small animal i would go see to it first..your not going to alter and damage to your car, but you may be able to help the injured to ease their suffering..disgraceful acts on that clip..RIP young rider.

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

There were in the end, five people looking at the damage. Not one of them took any interest in the motorcyclist's welfare - apart from one guy who gave him a cursory glance.

Shows the caring attitude towards life of these alleged Buddhists.

Many Thais are allegedly borne Buddhists ... not practicing Buddhists or philosophical type of Buddhists. I doubt they even go for dharma talks. 

Archived