Video: Hunt on for green shirted motorcyclist who fled scene of horror accident

webfact

6 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

horrible . . . . RIP young man!

Watch the driver of the small white car emerging from it, just to firstly check his car for scratches and damage, before he turns his attention towards the injured . . . . . . . mimimimimi

while I'd say both motorcyclists could have avoided the crash by using a little bit more of attention to their actions . . . . 

Perhaps he was just checking to see if his vehicle had actually been involved in the accident, not at all unreasonable under the circumstances, and one second later he is not looking at his car, he is looking at the man who, probably very clearly, he, nor anyone else, could do nothing for.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

There were in the end, five people looking at the damage. Not one of them took any interest in the motorcyclist's welfare - apart from one guy who gave him a cursory glance.

Shows the caring attitude towards life of these alleged Buddhists.

That is completely untrue, the driver of the white vehicle took a very quick glance at his car, there were not five people looking at the damage and not taking any interest in the injured/dead man.

56 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

I agree with your criticism but as a responsible motorbike rider I take issue with the possibly unintentional over-generalization.  So, fixed that for you.  ???? Cheers

Sure there are motorbike riders (Thai people too) who use their brain and have an idea about the risk of certain behavior.

I SOMETIMES see one.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1

It is with so many Thai, they are self-centered, and they are thinking (if they thinking) the world is turning around them, instead they are a small part of the world.

Nothing special, and after more of 20 years living in Thailand I wonder will this ever change??

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

And mirrors are for girls.

The Thai police would do us all a favour if they went around and picked up all the bikes that don't have any mirrors.  Charge them a 500 baht fine (call it idiot tax) and make them install mirrors before they can take their bike home.

Mind you the police can't force people to actually use their mirrors, but it's worth a try.

The guy who died with the white T-sheet, who was not wearing a helmet

Not to speak ill of the dead, but if you're riding around Bangkok sharing the road with 18-wheelers and not wearing a crash helmet you're basically playing with fire.

2 hours ago, alant said:

Did he die, he was moving in the video and the report did not say he died (or did I miss it)

not that that is of much help, poor riding and as others have said no one really cares it seems.

"The injured man was pronounced dead in hospital. "

As often I notice is the lack of attention to a traffic accident victim, the driver of the passenger car check first of all his own car for damage and scratches. The motor-biker in green is apparently the one to blame for accident, not paying attention, and not even helping. So sad...????

Every Thai I see seem to hold their phone in their hand all the time, and yet it doesn't look like anyone tried to call emergency until perhaps the guy and the very end of the clip. You'd think it would be priority number one. 

5 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Rule number 1.never allow yourself to be the filling of a sandwich between trucks and cars.2 ride in the scooter lane.3 don't speed you'll get there in the end.one day far far Away in the distant future they might look at making truck side safety rails  law in Asia where so many people travel by scooter.as for the culprit it just thainess at its finest.

IMG_2528.PNG

What is the "scooter lane"? If you mean riding on the shoulder, that can be even more dangerous as you get idiots pulling in front from side streets, cars and bikes driving to the wrong direction and trucks turning left without checking mirrors. Agree with point 1. though, should try to avoid staying between trucks when possible. 

4 hours ago, smew said:

Idiots driving between lanes of trafic, not the first or last. RIP

How else do you move forward in Thai traffic? As mentioned above if you stay on the left it can be just as or even more dangerous. 

This accident 100% the idiots fault in the green shirt. The guy filtering through doesn't have that many options; the rightmost lane is closing. Perhaps on this occasion undertaking from the left would have been safer as he could be in the bushes rather than under the truck if the same situation occurred. 

Edited by SS1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Terrible accident and outcome but just typifies the lack of care and attention motorcyclists employ.  The green shirt man was wearing a crash helmet and just undertook the car apparently without looking over his shoulder to check. The guy who died with the white T-sheet, who was not wearing a helmet, not that it would have saved him, pulled out from behind the truck without apparently looking either. Of course the collision occurred which was totally avoidable.  Mindless and it happens every minute of the day here. 

The guy that got splattered was also travelling a bit too fast by the look of it. A bit slower and he could easily have stopped.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alant said:

Did he die, he was moving in the video and the report did not say he died (or did I miss it)

not that that is of much help, poor riding and as others have said no one really cares it seems.

Yes he died, see below 

Pol Capt Wimon Somboon of the Chang Yai police said that the injured man was pronounced dead in hospital.

• Like 1

As both a car driver and scooter driver, I always stick to the scooter lane as much as possible. 40 - 50 km/hr gives me a margin of safety.

What really bugs me is the scooter riders who insist on occupying a car lane at the same speed when the car traffic is doing 90 km/hr. Brain-dead.

• Like 1

They don't know how to think safety , this happens on a weekly basis here.

If I were the one on the bike without helmet I would have been riding slowly at the side of the road. And look in the mirrors all the time.  

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

As both a car driver and scooter driver, I always stick to the scooter lane as much as possible. 40 - 50 km/hr gives me a margin of safety.

What really bugs me is the scooter riders who insist on occupying a car lane at the same speed when the car traffic is doing 90 km/hr. Brain-dead.

What bugs me is the idiots in/on whatever form of transport who will not move into the leftmost lane consistent with traffic flow. I do however acknowledge that the more leftward the lane, the worse the surface...usually.

Where I come from, undertaking is an offence, unless you are a licenced mortician.

BTW, the guy who got squished was undertaking the guy in green.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Terrible accident and outcome but just typifies the lack of care and attention motorcyclists employ.  The green shirt man was wearing a crash helmet and just undertook the car apparently without looking over his shoulder to check. The guy who died with the white T-sheet, who was not wearing a helmet, not that it would have saved him, pulled out from behind the truck without apparently looking either. Of course the collision occurred which was totally avoidable.  Mindless and it happens every minute of the day here. 

You cannot tell he pulled out to overtake the truck. He was already in the middle area and may have been there for a good while.

1 hour ago, Cereal said:

Every Thai I see seem to hold their phone in their hand all the time, and yet it doesn't look like anyone tried to call emergency until perhaps the guy and the very end of the clip. You'd think it would be priority number one. 

Not really that strange , it all happened within 30 seconds.

Someone called for an ambulance but in this case it would have been too late anyway , when a big truck and the wheels drives over a body you just can't survive.  Trying to move the victim in that short video clip would not make much sense.

Maybe someone tried CPR after the video clip.

Think about it , what would you do if you were sitting in that car and witnessed it ? You would get out of the car and reach for the phone and trying to inform/call for help. Maybe you would also look for damage for 1 second and then try to assist. There is not much you could do in this case.

Edited by balo

10 hours ago, bluesofa said:

There were in the end, five people looking at the damage. Not one of them took any interest in the motorcyclist's welfare - apart from one guy who gave him a cursory glance.

Shows the caring attitude towards life of these alleged Buddhists.

I think people there have will have seen how seriusly the person was injured and seen it better the We on this video.. 

the car owner was concerned his vehicle not damaged otherwise he calls his insurance company to assess the damage.the dead one had no helmet the green shirt at lest he had a helmet.he seemed  he wanted to move into another lane not looking it seems.the one that died seemed  to be going fast and could not avoid the accident.just another day in thailand

12 hours ago, SS1 said:

What is the "scooter lane"? If you mean riding on the shoulder, that can be even more dangerous as you get idiots pulling in front from side streets, cars and bikes driving to the wrong direction and trucks turning left without checking mirrors. Agree with point 1. though, should try to avoid staying between trucks when possible. 

How else do you move forward in Thai traffic? As mentioned above if you stay on the left it can be just as or even more dangerous. 

This accident 100% the idiots fault in the green shirt. The guy filtering through doesn't have that many options; the rightmost lane is closing. Perhaps on this occasion undertaking from the left would have been safer as he could be in the bushes rather than under the truck if the same situation occurred. 

I have to tell you this is Thailand and they don't have a hard shoulder because it's a scooter lane.if you look at the video again he would be at home with his family if he had used the scooter lane.

1 minute ago, happy chappie said:

I have to tell you this is Thailand and they don't have a hard shoulder because it's a scooter lane.if you look at the video again he would be at home with his family if he had used the scooter lane.

... and now there is no soft shoulder to cry on...

13 hours ago, balo said:

Not really that strange , it all happened within 30 seconds.

Someone called for an ambulance but in this case it would have been too late anyway , when a big truck and the wheels drives over a body you just can't survive.  Trying to move the victim in that short video clip would not make much sense.

Maybe someone tried CPR after the video clip.

Think about it , what would you do if you were sitting in that car and witnessed it ? You would get out of the car and reach for the phone and trying to inform/call for help. Maybe you would also look for damage for 1 second and then try to assist. There is not much you could do in this case.

We'll, personally I would follow my training. I have been very highly trained in emergency procedures. 

Number 1 call for help. Describe the situation where it is and what happened. Say you're trained in emergency procedures and start the assessment and follow directions if any from the emergency services call centre.