Video: Hunt on for green shirted motorcyclist who fled scene of horror accident

webfact

13 hours ago, balo said:

They don't know how to think safety , this happens on a weekly basis here.

If I were the one on the bike without helmet I would have been riding slowly at the side of the road. And look in the mirrors all the time.  

Imagine how much worse it would be if they never had the amulets to help them .

2 hours ago, happy chappie said:

I have to tell you this is Thailand and they don't have a hard shoulder because it's a scooter lane.if you look at the video again he would be at home with his family if he had used the scooter lane.

I know what you mean, bu there really isn't a "scooter lane". The law says all vehicles must stay on the leftmost lane (including motorbikes) and use the right lanes for overtaking. Technically riding on the shoulder is illegal for any vehicle. Now it makes sense, of course on a highway with low traffic that small cc bikes stay on the shoulder out of the way of traffic going 120km/h+.. But on a congested road undertaking slow/stopped traffic is very dangerous (e.g. Bangkok and surroundings). At this situation it might have saved him, but it's just a question of luck. In the next hundred meters he could have a truck turn left, a bike cut in front or anything similar to kill him. 

There was one Thai biker who made a protest video in Bangkok showing what happens if bikes would actually stay to the left (as cops are known to fine bikers for not doing so). It was a disaster, constantly being cut off by cars joining the road, getting blocked by illegally parked cars and cut off by cars turning left without checking their mirrors. The consensus of all expererienced bikers here in Bangkok is that never stay on the left on a motorcycle if possible.