Mai Khao’s ‘West Sands’ British CEO being quizzed by police following last week’s death on Thepkasattri Road

webfact

May this poor man RIP.

I wonder what quality of life he had during his short stay on this earth.

Can be so easy for those of us who were born into better circumstances to take things for granted.

Hope you are happy now where ever you are...Thinking of you today  

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iff you see the damage of the car he did not drive slowly !!

( he would be required to pay compensation to the deceased man’s family.)

I think there gone be a lot off family members when there is money to come..

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Since the unidentified vagrant won't have any grieving next of kin to compensate, the payments should be comparatively small regardless of it happening on the self-styled gem of island venality.

With no “Next of Kin” to collect the Compo Payout, WHO do you RECKON

will be NEXT IN LINE ?

Anyone taking bets ? NOT that for one moment am I advocating running an illegal Lottery or anything... Heaven Firbid !

29 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

May this poor man RIP.

I wonder what quality of life he had during his short stay on this earth.

Can be so easy for those of us who were born into better circumstances to take things for granted.

Hope you are happy now where ever you are...Thinking of you today  

Thank you and I share your sentiments. As for the OP that described this poor unfortunate soul as a 'roadside scavenger', I guess there is always hope.                                                                                Regards GBW

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

There are many from other regions posting here who seem to have little concept of the abysmal public transport options on Phuket. Most expats here have their own transport.

Having said that, the driver seems to have the means to hire a chauffeur to take the reins of the Merc when on a night out. 

politely spoken for an old saltwater.  :cheesy:

two lives destroyed - no question about it.  If the driver is guilty of driving drunk or just being negligent, there will probably be jail-time and memories to haunt him forever.  Even if the driver is innocent and the victim caused the accident, it will haunt him for a long time.  Seeing the photos of the car, he must have been driving fairly fast and the victim must have been more in the middle of the road than on the side (impact on the drivers side) unless the car was driving on the wrong side of the road (which would be plausible with a European or American driver, but not a British).  

I just don't understand why the CEO of a luxury hotel developer does not get himself a driver....

Every now and again you get a reminder that some in Thailand have not quite transited into the modern world and the dangers inherent with fast moving traffic.

I remember another of these roadside rubbish collectors who thought it was a good idea to stop his 3 wheeler to collect some detritus in the first Phuket underpass, shortly after it opened.  He then decided to U-turn in front of an oncoming truck. He survived and became Phuket's first underpass accident victim.

With no “Next of Kin” to collect the Compo Payout, WHO do you RECKON
will be NEXT IN LINE ?
Anyone taking bets ? NOT that for one moment am I advocating running an illegal Lottery or anything... Heaven Firbid !

Wouldn't be suprised if some distant next of kin didn't turn up, the sniff of cash can be a big incentive.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 10/16/2018 at 1:49 AM, AlQaholic said:

driving back home from the long weekend yesterday, I looked around at the way cars were being handled on the road around me, I realized 90% of drivers are drunk.

The scary thing is that they're not drunk.....

Archived