U.S. Sen. Warren, mocked by Trump as 'Pocahontas,' says DNA test backs her ancestry

webfact

47 minutes ago, Scott said:

You can post a link to your statement  "...she has less Native American heritage than the average white European."   If you can't then retract your mis-information or face a suspension.   

You partially quoted me and misrepresented what I wrote. The full sentence is: If it's the latter number then she has less Native American heritage than the average white European.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Perhaps he was referring to this:

"To put this into perspective, the Republican National Committee shared a link to a 2014 New York Times article which discussed how the largest genetic profile study published at the time found in that European-Americans had genomes that on average held .18 percent Native American ancestry."

However, he should have said European-Americans, not "the average white European".

But this just underscores how stupid Trump was to make such a statement.  If European-Americans have, on average, a measurable amount of Native American ancestry, how stupid is it to challenge some random European-American, to the tune of $1M, that they don't?

Thanks for pointing out the mistake. I should have written European-American.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scott said:

Not so.   The Bureau of Indian Affairs uses a standard of 1/4 degree of blood for BIA related benefits.   Tribes, however, may set a standard that is completely different.   Many tribes maintain rolls which have much less blood.  

Recently there was a case where an adopted child was removed from the white parents by a tribe because it did not approve of the adoption.   The child was 1/64 Indian.

At no time did she maintain she was an enrolled tribal member.

I dislike Thrump.. but in this case i feel he has a point.. 1% that is nothing. I can claim ancestry to Genghis  Khan (believe there is a huge change many of use are related to the guy if your European). For her to claim her ancestry with just 1%.. sorry i just don't feel its convincing.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tug said:

Good for you Elizabeth now get that orange clown to pay up on the bet and now he is denying he ever said it lol what a flackery dude ha ha 

The footage of when he said it is all over TV news in North America, wall to wall.

But we all know Trump by now, he'll just call that FAKE news.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neeray said:

So should she say "no" native American ancestry? That would be untruthful.

If zero %, then I agree with you. But even 1 % makes her claim legitimate IMHO.

But I do agree with your first 3 words.

Why even mention something that is so negligible. She is theoretically right and Thrump is wrong.. but in this case (and that is real rare) i feel Thrump is still has a better point then she does. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kalidescopemind said:

Chuck is off the reservation on that one.  She didn't claim any such thing with the results.  To get a CIB Cherokee, you have to trace back to the Dawes list, created in 1902 to give NA land away.  Any Cherokee not living in Oklahoma wasn't put on it, so basically over half the tribe will never be officially recognized by the tribe.  But, that also means that many other who say they are cannot be PROVEN wrong, so Trump was FOS in the first place, as usual.  lol.  And to get started, you usually hear from your parents that you have Cherokee ancestry, just like Warren heard from her parents.

I think it might be pointed out that not all the Cherokees were moved, along with other tribes during the, “Trail of Tears” forced westward migration. There were substantial numbers remaining in the Smokies where the Eastern Cherokees remain to this day.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, attrayant said:

I just won a $500 million lottery.  Would you turn down 1% of that if I offered it to you?

Yes that's a silly example to make the point that 1% is definitely something, which is the opposite of nothing.

Which is why it would be Stupid for Trump to claim, without any knowledge of your background, that you have no Mongol ancestry*.    It's a bet he stands a very good chance of losing.

Come on, how much of a blathering idiot do you have to be to go around claiming - in a country that was full of American Indians in the recent past - that some random person doesn't have any American Indian ancestry?  That would be like walking around in Thailand and randomly pointing at people and saying "I bet you $1M that you don't have any Chinese ancestry!"

*And then he'd make fun of you by calling your "Genghis Con-man" at all of his rallies.

Your right but the other side of the medal is why claim ancestry with just 1%.. sorry you might say its something and it is but ancestry wise 1% is not a real strong connection to Native Americans. 

and your 500 million is a bit off books.. how about 100$ 1 % a dollar.. no i would not need it and see it as nothing. 

My point is that ancestry and a claim to it should be far higher then 1%.

Theoretically Thrump lost.. but morally and I hate to say it he won.

22 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Just make a t-shirt:

Goldilocks called me "Pocahontas"

Sell a million and make a buck on each one for your charity.

That's the only way this Trump bet will pay off cuz his word aint worth sh!t.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I recall the splendid joke about the English chap responding when confronted with the atypical American espousing his international heritage and lineage by claiming, American Indian, Irish, Italian, Polish and French blood.

"Damn sporting mother, what?

555 Yes, one of those odd American penchants. Remembering American genetic roots. I suppose I can claim a medical dispensation for this, as an history educator. Americans do take a certain pride in being a nation of immigrants. Ironic, as most do not value remembering history as having any importance (ignoring what is happening today is a result of past actions) and due to the current anti-immigrant bent.

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

could you please share one of those very funny "pocahantus jokes"  that still crack you up?

Disgusting racist comments from white supremacist are a daily occurrence.

The USA was once a beacon of decency. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, iroc4life said:

Its funny she would release this knowing it proved him right lmao. The average American has +/-. 18 and she is less than that like .09, Trump is likely more Native American than she is. Hell my Son who is Thai/American shows 58% Southern Asian 42% European with 1.3% Native American mixed in there LMAO

Yours is a misleading post. In fact, the tests found that Warren's native amerrican ancestor  could be anywhere from 6 to 10 generations back. So at the very least she would have

0.. 097656 native american ancestry. That's at the least. (And you couldn't even bring yourself to do an honest rounding of the number.)

At the most her ancestry could be 3.125% native american

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually, scratch all that. It happens I am part Cherokee and Choctaw.  A helluva lot more than Warren is.  It would never occur to me to peddle that for any favors.  And, yes, I have not only photographs of my Cherokee ancestors but names, lineages, birthplaces, and death records.  It's not just "family lore."

Edited by zydeco
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Well bugger me Chuck. How should the average genyoowhine Cherokee heritage claimant get started on confirming the veracity of their alleged native American lineage? I mean, how did you get qualified for the job?

Through the Dawes roll.  End of story.

2 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

Disgusting racist comments from white supremacist are a daily occurrence.

The USA was once a beacon of decency. 

The USA still is  a beacon for decency ! This WS claim is nonsense! If remotely true,it's seems to me, collectively, the whole world would have some  claim to that!

https://www.statista.com/chart/10760/86-of-americans-disagree-with-white-supremacy/

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2