Thais scream outrage as foreigners wear "Thai flag" on their feet!

webfact

Blacklist the model,  the designer,  the people who actually made the shoes,  the factory owner who employs the people who make the shoes,  the people who attended the fashion show who applauded,  the fashion show people who shared the images,  the people that liked the shared images,  heck blacklist the whole falang(se) country

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know how many flags have the colours red/white/blue on them as the only colours of the flag? I looked but didn't count, but it's gotta be a significant percentage by just looking at the flag. Then there are the flags that have those 3 colours plus a symbol.

How can people get so riled up over something this insignificant? Man, Larry Flynt once wore an American flag as a diaper to a court hearing.

1 hour ago, attrayant said:

Why does this amaze you?

Read the comment I was replying to. 

But then, to many Thais it seems that there is only one farangland so I guess I should not be amazed.....

1 minute ago, MikeN said:

Read the comment I was replying to. 

I did.  That post was  amazed at "over kill plus incorrect usage of the British Union flag".  It doesn't provide any context as to why you're amazed about something different.

I'm amazed at the over kill plus incorrect usage of the British Union flag within Thailand.

Should British citizens consider the missus of the British Union flag offensive or insensitive?

Yet another pathetic and negative response to something very unimportant.

I for one think the shoes look nice.

Thais should maybe consider it as a compliment.

It’s probably a lot safer to show/fly a Union Flag here in Thailand, than in the UK. You would be labeled with all sorts of silly titles/names there (except patriotic), I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purely as a design, I love the Union Jack. Looks great on guitar bodies, amp faces... Not so fond of US flag: it is a rather odd duck with that box up in left corner jam packed with stars. I'm American, by the way.

These flags are red, white and blue.  The failed education system in full force again on this one

Australia
Chile
Cuba
Czech Republic
Democratic People's Republic of Korea (a/k/a North Korea)
France
Iceland
Lao People's Democratic Republic (aka Laos)
Luxembourg
Nepal
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Panama
Russian Federation
Samoa
Slovakia
Thailand
United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Island
United States of America

1 hour ago, Emdog said:

Purely as a design, I love the Union Jack. Looks great on guitar bodies, amp faces... Not so fond of US flag: it is a rather odd duck with that box up in left corner jam packed with stars. I'm American, by the way.

I kinda feel the same way about the Aussie flag, that box with the Union Jack on it.

36 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

I kinda feel the same way about the Aussie flag, that box with the Union Jack on it.

You know you guys and the kiwi’s really need to get your own flags, dump the whole empire thing.

I kinda feel the same way about Hawaii since they still keep the Union Jack as part of their flag, just because Cook ‘discovered’ them!

Madness

5 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered the Foreign Ministry and concerned agencies to look into fashion footwear from Paris incorporating the colours of the Thai flags into its design, after it caused outrage among some social media users.

“But I don’t know what and if we can do,” said General Prayut on Tuesday. “We have the National Flag Act to enforce but the colours [red, white and blue] are universal.” 

????

Duh, small minded and kneejerk reactions by all concerned. Seems that so many Thai are unaware of a very large world outside their national boundaries.

Just now, attrayant said:

Yes, as has already been mentioned some 22 times on the preceding 15 pages.

but, that reasoning would then means all the following are the same...

image.png.8c7dcbecb51128460259e710d9390a62.pngimage.png.76f897ce59d817b6c117e2c93614e97a.pngimage.png.bb2f4a838140bb4c587c8038c8db0f0f.png until you count the instances of each colour within... 

5 minutes ago, RickFarang said:

Do they really believe that Thailand has an exclusive right to that set of colors?

guess they could always put the elephant back on; which would at least give some weight to their argument?

Image result for thai elephant flag  no... the other elephant 

There was a Norwegian company selling fashion shoes and socks with the Norwegian flag on in Bangkok a couple of years ago and they were popular among Thais , go figure.

73e7df3be6e26662beb9ba7e6fc8cc56.jpg

17 minutes ago, dudopode said:

Does the forced fishing labour in Thailand sparkle the same outrage to the Thai government?

17 minutes ago, dudopode said:

Does the forced fishing labour in Thailand sparkle the same outrage to the Thai government?

And the answer to that is simply....No

On 10/17/2018 at 11:37 AM, seancbk said:

Completely illegal in the US to put the Flag on clothes (unless a patch on a Military, Police, Fire etc Uniform)

It is Chapter 1 of Title 4 of the United States Code (4 U.S.C. § 1 et seq). This is a U.S. federal law, but the penalty described in Title 18 of the United States Code (18 U.S.C. § 700) for failure to comply with it is not enforced.

Well, illegal or not, it is done and we all saw such pix. If this forum would allow posting them I would go through the trouble of uploading some. 

Wondering seriously, if not some French designer was playing with colour bands; the US flag is somewhat more sophisticated than the Thai, Indonesian or many European flags (Germany, Belgium, France etc.). 

14 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, illegal or not, it is done and we all saw such pix. If this forum would allow posting them I would go through the trouble of uploading some. 

Wondering seriously, if not some French designer was playing with colour bands; the US flag is somewhat more sophisticated than the Thai, Indonesian or many European flags (Germany, Belgium, France etc.). 

I see US flag on lots of clothes

I remember when manchester city fans had 'Thaksin' on Thai flag , that sent them into orbit lol

flags.jpg

1 hour ago, A1Str8 said:

They never scream outrage when they are d*cking around with the nazi flag. 

Well of course not. 

95% of them aren’t even aware of WW2, yet alone the Nazi’s, the Holocaust, the Japanese occupation!

Sometimes you do just have to shake your head in despair at the ignorance of it all

I often defer to Mrs G on this, who openly admits that until she went to the US when she was 15 to live with her uncle, she was totally ignorant about all of this stuff.

Don’t think anything has improved in the past 35 years!

Archived