Send in GBP or THB

1 minute ago, liveforever said:

Good point. With my bank they quote the amount you are sending in THB whether you choose to send in GBP or THB but then when it arrives it is never the same in one of them! Obviously just fee's at the other side.

Sent from my B3-A20 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I tend to lose about 200 baht this end every time

The only fee at Thai end is 1/4% (which likely accounts for the 200 baht).  Sending bank will have a fee and they will normally also have to use another bank for processing and they will take a fee (home bank normally does not have direct contact with Thai bank).

As said a key point is to send home currency and have changed in Thailand rather than accept the normally very poor exchange rates used outside Thailand.

The only fee at Thai end is 1/4% (which likely accounts for the 200 baht).  Sending bank will have a fee and they will normally also have to use another bank for processing and they will take a fee (home bank normally does not have direct contact with Thai bank).

As said a key point is to send home currency and have changed in Thailand rather than accept the normally very poor exchange rates used outside Thailand.
Good points and information
Many thanks

Sent from my B3-A20 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The only fee at Thai end is 1/4% (which likely accounts for the 200 baht). 

0.25%, 200 Baht minimum, 500 Baht maximum.

So for amounts of less than 80'000 Baht it will be 200 Baht.

After 200'000 Baht it will be capped at 500 Baht.

Archived