Trump reluctant to abandon Riyadh over missing journalist, wants evidence

webfact

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Are you concerned about justice for Khasoggi , do you want his killers bought to justice or are you just using this story, his death, to bash Donald ?

bring the killers to justice, we know who they are. give them to Turkey, they will know what to do with them

• Haha 1

It's as plain as day what is going on here. 

Trump Inflates Saudi Arms Deal But Stays Silent On Saudi Cash In His Own Pocket

The president claims Saudi Arabia is buying $110 billion in arms, but it stands at $14.5 billion. And he personally has reaped tens of millions of dollars in Saudi business.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Slip said:

It's as plain as day what is going on here. 

Trump Inflates Saudi Arms Deal But Stays Silent On Saudi Cash In His Own Pocket

The president claims Saudi Arabia is buying $110 billion in arms, but it stands at $14.5 billion. And he personally has reaped tens of millions of dollars in Saudi business.

What does Cash have to do with Evidence of the claims of Turkey top officials !

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, neeray said:

Rare that I could agree with you. But on this post, I agree. Why? Because that would be within true Trump style. Right or wrong, morals be dammed, just black mail the bastards !

Well, actually not that rare, at least when it comes to most Trump related topics. But you are agreeing with the wrong sentiment on this one. The point made was in no way specific to Trump. If anything, using such circumstances as extra leverage is rather the norm, I should think. No free lunches.

Currently reading "Bob Woodward" book "Fear" about the Trump administration, ironically just finished the chapter where the administration were heavily promoting the crown Prince "MBH" with the intention of having a "friend" high up in Saudi government- kinda bit them in the butt hasn't it! ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, riclag said:

What does Cash have to do with Evidence of the claims of Turkey top officials !

The question should be what does Cash have have to do with Trump's reaction to the claims of Turkey's top officials? I think the answer to that one is it shouldn't but given that we have a President still in control of his business interests we don't know for sure, But given his veniality and open acknowledgement of his greed, it would be pardonable to infer what Cash might have to do with it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

The question should be what does Cash have have to do with Trump's reaction to the claims of Turkey's top officials? I think the answer to that one is it shouldn't but given that we have a President still in control of his business interests we don't know for sure, But given his veniality and open acknowledgement of his greed, it would be pardonable to infer what Cash might have to do with it.

Its more likely that its the Saudi purchase of American goods is his main concern and also staying on friendly terms with Saudi , should nt think that Don is too worried about his own wealth

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bristolboy said:

If Trump wasn't concerned about his own wealth then he would have done what any other President with a considerable fortune has done: put it in a blind trust. But that would mean making a sacrifice for his country. Putting self-interest 2nd isn't something Trump has ever shown much aptitude for.

Didnt Trump hand his business dealings over to his Son and also he doesnt take his Presidents salary .

Which other U.S President put all their wealth into a blind trust ?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

Didnt Trump hand his business dealings over to his Son and also he doesnt take his Presidents salary .

Which other U.S President put all their wealth into a blind trust ?

What's interesting about this is that you seemed entirely unaware of the issue. So I did a search on foxnews.com "Donald Trump blind trust." Guess how many links came up in the search? So could that point to the explanation for your lack of knowledge about this issue?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

What's interesting about this is that you seemed entirely unaware of the issue. So I did a search on foxnews.com "Donald Trump blind trust." Guess how many links came up in the search? So could that point to the explanation for your lack of knowledge about this issue?

I have little interest in USA Politics and kind of resent having to talk about Trump everyday with people who seem obsessed by him and who talk about him non stop everyday , even on Thai forums .

I have no interest in Donald Trumps blind trust , whatever that is .

Even this story about a Saudi citizen going missing from the Saudi Embassy in Turkey is now all about Trump , in reality , Trump is just a bystander to this story ,  it has nothing to do with him .

Lets discuss the issue of a Saudi citizen possible getting murdered in the Saudi embassy in Turkey , some people are like zombies "Donald, Donald , Donald"

Trump reluctant to abandon Riyadh over missing journalist, wants evidence

MbS asks, via Pompeo, would a finger suffice, or how about a head?

Trump seems to be acknowledging that Khashoggi is dead.

54 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I have little interest in USA Politics and kind of resent having to talk about Trump everyday with people

A man goes to a doctor...

Man: It hurts when I do this

Doctor: Don't do that.

Seems like one could easily avoid reading threads which makes one resentful?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

A man goes to a doctor...

Man: It hurts when I do this

Doctor: Don't do that.

Seems like one could easily avoid readintrtruug threads which makes one resentful?

There are not many threads on thaivisa that Trump doesnt get a mention .

(Yes, I know that this thread has Trump in the title , but that was kind of my point , a story that doesnt really have anything to do with Trump , is now all about Trump)

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, I know that this thread has Trump in the title

Yeah, the whole Noun-Verb thing is pita...Trump reluctant

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

There are not many threads on thaivisa that Trump doesnt get a mention .

So why even read/post in these threads? #confused

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I was explaining to Bristolboy about why I am unaware about certain aspects of Donalds life , i.e. I take little interest in Donalds life and thus am unaware of certain aspects .

27 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I was explaining to Bristolboy about why I am unaware about certain aspects of Donalds life , i.e. I take little interest in Donalds life and thus am unaware of certain aspects .

But you still want to discuss it, even though you really know nothing about it and don't care about it.

Makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Because if we didn't read/ post in threads where Trump is brought in, regardless of him having zero to do with the topic, there wouldn't be many threads left to read/ post in.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stevenl said:

But you still want to discuss it, even though you really know nothing about it and don't care about it.

Makes sense.

If you would have read my previous replies in this thread , it would make sense .

Too many people read just one post , reply to that and have no understanding of the previous conversation 

8 hours ago, riclag said:

Just met with @realDonaldTrump and @SecPompeo and we have decided, I will not be participating in the Future Investment Initiative summit in Saudi Arabia.

Good. This and all the other cancellations will help send a strong message to MBS.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, send more money. $100 million is barely enough to keep the penthouse gilded.

Suspect firm purchase orders have been demanded as well.

Soon, the great deal maker will have them paying billions for is wall in exchange for covering their ass.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

If you would have read my previous replies in this thread , it would make sense .

Too many people read just one post , reply to that and have no understanding of the previous conversation 

I had read your posts already, and it really doesn't make any sense.

• Haha 1