The week that was in Thailand news: Rooster eats some Humble Pie - but will Prayut follow suit?

rooster59

31 minutes ago, PaDavid said:

Thank you Rooster for your informative insights into TW3 (all Brits of a certain age will surely remember this acronym). Also, many thanks on behalf of all British pensioners for your dialogue with the British Embassy.

Your blog(?) is now the only post I read on TV as I too am fed up with all the griping and moaning that goes on. Presumably, these people must have got fed up with their country of birth/origin to have moved here in the first place. No pleasing some people wherever they reside. 

Good luck in the Scrabble tournament. I've been waiting all week to hear how you're doing, but no mention of it could I find. 

I've had a very enjoyable 2 weeks in Turkey where the weather has been fabulous. This is the 5th time the missus and I have been. It's an escape from the relentless heat and humidity and all the small insects (both biting and just irritating), which are the only two things I personally don't like about Thailand.

Thank you for those words.

Don't give up on Thaivisa - despite the griping and moaning it is a fantastic resource of news, information and merriment.

The Scrabble World Championships begins in Torquay on Tuesday October 23rd. I hope to provide some updates of my progress, or lack thereof, and that of Phuttapong Moonsarn who is also competing under the flag of Thailand. 

Rooster

• Like 1

Apology accepted Rooster, your explanation is worthy.

Enjoy your Uk trip , I’m headed Blighty way myself in 26 days for a month of freezing my proverbials off !!

As for my rant last week , well all I can say is:

“ I'm anispeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.”

If you can squeeze any of these words in your Scrabble competition you will certainly bring the trophy home [emoji51]

• Like 1

Rooster,

Great column,always look forward to them,as one who criticised you last week,i am fully satisfied with your explanation,and agree with some point's like iraq war,not sure on Afghanistan but guess bin laden was there at time,so action warrented, as for the Falklands well those sheep needeed protection,a young Argentinian man with a sheep,it does not bear thinking about,and yes i have been to Argentina to the rural area's it's an eyeopener i can tell you.

one last point ,now i love a certain poster you mentioned ,very funny however Rooster,i can't help feeling that this is becoming a bi- weekly  sorry frequent occurance,i am sure you may have read some of my reports about our gold prospecting expeditions when i caught my venture partner Carruthers watching me in a most unhealthy fashion as i bathed naked in a river,no matter i had a body like Adonis,personnally i thought it it rather rude,and made it clear when i returned to camp, all i am saying Rooster is these things can happen,especially with you ensconced in deepest Torquay,and away from the wife. Of course it could be your best mate or bro so then Jah man,i have to admit he is good.

Enjoy your holiday mate

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow. You made  a compliment to a taxi driver and no one freaked out (yet)! Even with my beginner Thai I have to say I think most are just fine, but till this day I don’t shout at them and show them my map on how exactly to get to point “B” and threaten them if they don’t. Somehow some of the posters can still remember that horrible time when the driver didn’t want to put on the meter and was rude....but forgot to mention it was in 2001 the same year the soi dog almost ate him! 

Good luck on scrabble! 

• Like 1

I arrived at Suzannasbum last Thursday week evening and from joining the queue to pushing my trolley with suitcase out into the million welcoming signs of Level 2 took just 25 minutes! I can honestly say Ive never seen an immigration officer move his hands so fast. I half expected him to hand me my passport grinning and say "Hauhhuhhuh! Juz like that!"

21 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

I arrived at Suzannasbum last Thursday week evening and from joining the queue to pushing my trolley with suitcase out into the million welcoming signs of Level 2 took just 25 minutes! I can honestly say Ive never seen an immigration officer move his hands so fast. I half expected him to hand me my passport grinning and say "Hauhhuhhuh! Juz like that!"

And it's so nice when they say welcome to Thailand.

I have to agree - good piece. 

I'd love it if my superannuation pension was taxed in Thailand, but only if it wasn't taxed in Australia first (at the overseas rate of 32.5 cents in each dollar with no tax free threshold).

Me too.

Yes the reverse baht works well in UK terms.

Bought UK £ for 43.5 baht.

Case already has  Baileys at £12/litre on special. 

Terry's chocolate orange at £1 each. 

Ja dore perfume for her in doors at £35.

And still 4 days to go. 

Ho Ho Ho.