Jump to content

Building wall


baneko

Recommended Posts

If thats your spec for a builder its going to be cheap, thats if he can manage to work out how long 36m2 and 6ft high is.

 

You need to lead by telling everyone if you want bricks, blocks, aerated blocks, insitu concrete posts, pre cast posts, how thick, rendered one side or two, tie straps anchored or drilled, exactly how high, capping on piers, electric conduits on piers,old fence to remove, labour only or all in rate, ....i could go on but I wont.

 

I did one at 1.7m high using precast posts and q cons cost me Less than 500bt/lin m.

I am building a different one now with facing brick piers and insitu, facing bricks at the front and will cost 1000bt/lin m.

 

Thats diy of course....I tend not to throw money away on local labour unless they own a level.

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

What about concrete foundation. 

Just add 100bt /m for something thats perfectly adequate (300x100strip)

Or go unnecessary and make a 400deep reinforced footing just to screw the customer. Hahaha

Link to post
Share on other sites

They normally build walls with a strip foundation 20 to 30 cm wide by 30 to 40 cm deep from the surface.  Thats why 99% of the walls you see in Thailand after a few years start to lean or collapse. 

Link to post
Share on other sites



If thats your spec for a builder its going to be cheap, thats if he can manage to work out how long 36m2 and 6ft high is.
 
You need to lead by telling everyone if you want bricks, blocks, aerated blocks, insitu concrete posts, pre cast posts, how thick, rendered one side or two, tie straps anchored or drilled, exactly how high, capping on piers, electric conduits on piers,old fence to remove, labour only or all in rate, ....i could go on but I wont.
 
I did one at 1.7m high using precast posts and q cons cost me Less than 500bt/lin m.
I am building a different one now with facing brick piers and insitu, facing bricks at the front and will cost 1000bt/lin m.
 
Thats diy of course....I tend not to throw money away on local labour unless they own a level.


I did say blocks


Sent from my SM-G950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

They normally build walls with a strip foundation 20 to 30 cm wide by 30 to 40 cm deep from the surface.  Thats why 99% of the walls you see in Thailand after a few years start to lean or collapse. 

Exactly right petrol head; a foundation/footing is supposed to be sub surface so it will never budge even if the wall above is blown over. Balancing what is in effect a top heavy structure on a 300 base which invariably gets undermined by run off and flash flood leads to the inevitable.

 

The clever ones (sarcastic comment) can foresee this, so rather than take the appropriate action and set out a proper footing they decide to create insitu concrete anchor stays to stop it leaning over and give the customer a row of eyesores.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, baneko said:


 

 


I did say blocks


Sent from my SM-G950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

 

I was just offering advice on how to specify,

Blocks? 60mm,70mm, concrete, clinker, 

It may sound pedantic but if you are not specific with what you want to pay for you will for sure get the cheapest quickest easiest wall that will not last 5 minutes and you will be angry with the builder when you should be angry with yourself.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very wise and true words from EyeCatcher:

 

I was just offering advice on how to specify,

Blocks? 60mm,70mm, concrete, clinker, 

It may sound pedantic but if you are not specific with what you want to pay for you will for sure get the cheapest quickest easiest wall that will not last 5 minutes and you will be angry with the builder when you should be angry with yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Esso49 said:

They normally build walls with a strip foundation 20 to 30 cm wide by 30 to 40 cm deep from the surface.  Thats why 99% of the walls you see in Thailand after a few years start to lean or collapse. 

thailand standard wall system is not designed on strip foundation it use standard beam with column loading

 

 

standard column with beam

foot.jpg.d7081c02958b64d2c4efd1eed1e98445.jpg

 

For question of price >


In the year 2017 at rayong hotel we paid baht 1000 for each meter of 2.5 meter high wall cement coat 2 side and high quality work standard cement block


Please note there is proper method and many wrong method in these wall constructions

Most important that the column footing are deep enough and of correct size 

Important that beams are connected correctly before column and beam concrete is installed

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SomchaiDIY said:

thailand standard wall system is not designed on strip foundation it use standard beam with column loading

 

 

standard column with beam

foot.jpg.d7081c02958b64d2c4efd1eed1e98445.jpg

 

For question of price >


In the year 2017 at rayong hotel we paid baht 1000 for each meter of 2.5 meter high wall cement coat 2 side and high quality work standard cement block


Please note there is proper method and many wrong method in these wall constructions

Most important that the column footing are deep enough and of correct size 

Important that beams are connected correctly before column and beam concrete is installed

 

 

somebody else who has no comprehension about local builders outside of the main population centres.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Really? That's the method used for my wall.

Well that's good news indeed and indicates that you are fortunately part of the other 1% .  Guess you will be able to attach the calcs now then for your builders design !!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, thr scratching heads here are about the detail mr Somchai has shown in regard to a boundary wall.

 

The detail shown is a typical house foundation which is all well and good.

Howrver when it comes to building boundary walls, they conveniently forget the 1.5m deep concrete stanchion on its 1.5m reinforced pad foundation and simply take the rebar straight out of the deep beam, and tied to it!!!!.

 

With no lateral ties along the length of the wall, bracing, very few if any straps at corners then in time its going to lean.....but just to make sure, ......hey lets now fill up the garden another 500mm, it'll be reyt

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Esso49 said:

somebody else who has no comprehension about local builders outside of the main population centres.

I read this forums to help my english writing skill and sometime help people with some info from thailand construction and engineer workers

 

I am not 100% sure about your meaning of the main population areas and builders sorry my english can be limited 

 

Maybe you are thinking I am living out of thailand and do not understanding much ??

 

I am thai and live in thailand working in thailand with experience in the construction and engineering work > I also work some years oversea

 

I not hide myself at forum post please see me here at rayong area of thialand at my open channel >> some english for you in the video if you cannot speak thai

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Yes, thr scratching heads here are about the detail mr Somchai has shown in regard to a boundary wall.

 

The detail shown is a typical house foundation which is all well and good.

Howrver when it comes to building boundary walls, they conveniently forget the 1.5m deep concrete stanchion on its 1.5m reinforced pad foundation and simply take the rebar straight out of the deep beam, and tied to it!!!!.

 

With no lateral ties along the length of the wall, bracing, very few if any straps at corners then in time its going to lean.....but just to make sure, ......hey lets now fill up the garden another 500mm, it'll be reyt

the thai wall system is similar to house construction beam with column

this is standard thai wall method and if you not have this then your construction is poor qulaity

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Yes, thr scratching heads here are about the detail mr Somchai has shown in regard to a boundary wall.

 

The detail shown is a typical house foundation which is all well and good.

Howrver when it comes to building boundary walls, they conveniently forget the 1.5m deep concrete stanchion on its 1.5m reinforced pad foundation and simply take the rebar straight out of the deep beam, and tied to it!!!!.

 

With no lateral ties along the length of the wall, bracing, very few if any straps at corners then in time its going to lean.....but just to make sure, ......hey lets now fill up the garden another 500mm, it'll be reyt

Absolutely. true, and attempts by others to give the opinion that Thais always build boundary walls to known engineering standards is an indication how , if they attempt to BS those on here with civil engineering and construction knowledge, then they must be deliberately misleading thousands of others with no knowledge. Cowboys and conmen come to mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I show how wall should be in construction not how it should not be constructed

I make no effort to make standard only point out correct way

please contact if you want see some good standard thai construction or have problem understanding system > i dont hide in the forum words and open to show what I speak

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Somchai DIY i watch your clips on youtube and your knowledge of building and engineering is to a very high standard.If it was me having that wall built i would take your advice over any other posted.Thanks for your videos on youtube they are very informative and also help me learn Thai.Keep posting.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...