Tourism officials looking to revive Chinese visits to Thailand

webfact

The "news" about tourism seems to change by the week to suit the needs of whoever is delivering it. One report and it's all about record numbers of Chinese tourists and the next about how a boat accident has decimated the Chines tourist arrival numbers. To me, Don Muang seemed positively overrun just a few months ago in September. 

A recent news items from Thaivisa quoting TAT suggesting other than a problem with Chinese tourist numbers:

Probably has more to do with the economy in China right now more than anything else.

I think the stock Market in China is being hit pretty hard right now. I also think their currency is taking a hit also.

Doubt very seriously that many are staying home as a result of the boating fatalities, It’s the trade war tariffs that are a huge concern.       The Chinese watch every penny.  The new middle class (with no class) face an uncertain future and vacations are not their top priority right now. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourism authorities are now seeking to reassure all tourists of Thailand’s safety

So will the planned electronic wristband system for foreign tourists so their identity and location would be known in case of untoward incidents.

http://www.samuitimes.com/thai-govt-plans-to-make-foreign-tourists-in-phuket-wear-electronic-wristbands/

• Haha 1