'Explosive devices' sent to Clinton, Obama, CNN two weeks before U.S. election

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Once again it is time to ask who benefits. Obviously these bombs weren't intended to go off. This is more of a statement than anything.

I can't see this helping the folks on the right, unless it is eventually confirmed to be a false flag. So my suspicion is a plot by the left. Early days yet though. There are crazies on both sides and it could be lone wolf stuff.

I would say I agree. it is a very similar situation where there were quite a few bombs going off in unpopulated  locations at obscure locations just before the last coup.

28 minutes ago, guest879 said:

I would say I agree. it is a very similar situation where there were quite a few bombs going off in unpopulated  locations at obscure locations just before the last coup.

Ok, you agree with a nonsense statement on which the maker has been backpeddaling as hard as he could. He himself realised it was nonsense, but you still stick by it. Doesn't speak very favorably for you

4 minutes ago, Tug said:

This is the fruits of Donald’s devisiveness this belongs on Donald’s doorstep own it ya coward and knowing this person means he will try to blame the dems

Yes, not much difference between the rent a crowd chanting "lock her up" or "blow her up".

1 hour ago, Becker said:

Well, you've got to give him credit for furiously backpedaling on that comment...:coffee1:

Whatever, I clarified my statement you can call it backpedaling. Truth is we don't know what the facts are. That being said, I still see this act as beneficial to the left and harmful to the right.

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

So I am not trying to push a conspiracy theory, I am just trying to apply logic here. There is no way Trump benefits from mail bombs. So I think the first assumption should be that it wasn't something that came from his administration. That leaves two other options. Lone wolf crazy unibomber type guy, or a conspiracy from some left wing group. I am not picking any of them, But this plot occurring with Trump's knowledge must be the least likely scenario.

It seems the mainstream is hinting at the alt right lone wolf theory.

'So I am not trying to push a conspiracy theory.......but here's my conspiracy theory'.

The 'logic' you are trying so hard to apply is irrelevant as yet again you are trying to deflect from the root cause of these incidents which as any sensible person knows is the vitriol that comes out of your beloved Masters mouth. On a weekly basis he empowers White Nationalists and far-right fascists whilst simultaneously denigrating immigrants, muslims, the LGBT community, women and any one else who doesn't agree with his warped sense of nationalism.

You cannot stand on a podium week after week, whipping the faithful up into a frenzy without expecting someone to take Trumps comments as a green light to do something more. 

The only terrorism in the US currently is home grown and will only increase until this stain on American history is removed.    

OK - so about the rhetoric.

It's coming from both sides. The media are creating more simply by the fact there are more of them.

Both Trump and the media need to tone it down but like I say - the media outpace Trump on the rhetoric side - that's an industry, Trump is just 1 mouthpiece with a big audience.

I would agree that these bomb-a-likes could as easily be from the left as the right. There's no upside in making victims of your opposition going into an election, in fact - it tends to do the opposite, to bolster their support.

12 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

That being said, I still see this act as beneficial to the left and harmful to the right.

Why do you "see" it this way? (Note that the MAGA hat can be adjusted, in the back, a bit to allow better blood flow to the brain.)

I seriously doubt the person(s) who fashioned and sent these devices is playing "chess".

They're far more likely to see themselves as Timothy McVeigh.

3 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

It's coming from both sides. The media are creating more simply by the fact there are more of them.

Both Trump and the media need to tone it down but like I say - the media outpace Trump on the rhetoric side - that's an industry, Trump is just 1 mouthpiece with a big audience.

I would agree that these bomb-a-likes could as easily be from the left as the right. There's no upside in making victims of your opposition going into an election, in fact - it tends to do the opposite, to bolster their support.

Following Trump’s excuses I see.

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

Why do you "see" it this way? (Note that the MAGA hat can be adjusted, in the back, a bit to allow better blood flow to the brain.)

I seriously doubt the person(s) who fashioned and sent these devices is playing "chess".

I think McVeigh created devices intended to explode. I am not sure that's the case here.

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

We’ll find out when the FBI haul their ass.

And the FBI will haul their ass.

"That leaves two other options. Lone wolf crazy unibomber type guy, or a conspiracy from some left wing group."

You have a limited imagination, as it appears  you can only come up with two other options, and both of those are weak. Others have pointed those more likely groups or individuals out. Home grown terrorism is far greater threat than any other. Check FBI stats. And Trump repeatedly, often daily, encourages people to take violent action against "enemies of the people"

Just watch Blackkklansman, there you see how Trumps supporters are still the same as the 1970's Klans men... And with Trumps rhetoric he is feeding their delusions!
Same with the trade war with China... it's not China's fault that US companies have moved their production to China so that they can make as much money as possible, it's Trumps Wall Street friends who are the underlying problem for that... but hey, just keep blaming  the Chinese for the American greed!

24 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

You assume all potential terrorists are rational and think in terms of upsides and downsides to an act of terror in relation to an upcoming election. Are you serious???

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Once again it is time to ask who benefits. Obviously these bombs weren't intended to go off. This is more of a statement than anything.

I can't see this helping the folks on the right, unless it is eventually confirmed to be a false flag. So my suspicion is a plot by the left. Early days yet though. There are crazies on both sides and it could be lone wolf stuff.

Straight out of the blocks. It’s almost as if you guys were singing from the same pre approved hymn sheet or something! 

Just now, samran said:

Straight out of the blocks. It’s almost as if you guys were singing from the same pre approved hymn sheet or something! 

Its called "alternative truth". Straight out of the Trump hymn book.

4 hours ago, wayned said:

The sad fact of the matter is that our politics has come to the point where someone just attempted to murder 2 ex Presidents, 1 ex Secretary of State, 1 ex Attorney General, 1 ex Director of the CIA and a sitting US Congresswoman.  All of these people have openly criticized Trump and he has and continues to openly criticize them.  I'm not saying that he sent the bombs himself, but his continuing negative rhetoric about people who oppose him is weaponizing certain individuals in his base!

These acts together with the even worse attempted voter suppression in some states make me believe that the Right will attempt anything to win these elections .

21 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Clearly a hoax set up by the Dems to try to discredit the GOP.

Can you share how you arrived at this "clarity"?

Is someone beaming the "truth" directly into your brain?

Other than a few right-whingers (Limbaugh and Jones) and Russian bots, I'm not seeing a lot toeing this "line"?

His open speech at the Wisconsin rally were unbelievable.  It was obvious that he was reading from the teleprompter from a speech most l;likely written by Stephen Miller.  You could see that he was straining just to say the words, but he never took ownership of any rhetoric that could have caused the problem.  He blamed "both sides", the press and everybody else that he could think of but never mentioned the names of the people that were sent the bombs.  I'm sure that he wanted to say that they deserved being targeted and that he was sorry that the bombs didn't explode in their faces.  That's what he really wanted to say, and his base would have been cheering! It was surrealistic!

Interestingly I note a lot of “bipartisanship” on this thread, which is great, even if a couple of posters are pushing conspiracy theories.

“terror”.... deliberately causing fear, right? (Extreme fear)

job done... fear has resulted, and it may yet get worse, as there’s indication that there may yet be another bomb floating around looking for mr Biden.... and the FBI is suggesting that this could just be a first wave, with the reaction encouraging another wave of bombs

Perhaps these bombs were never going to reach their addressed recipient.... but worse, they could have gone bang and killed anyone, (mailmen, cops, post room folk, coffee boy, first responders... the everyday working stiff) meaning everyone should be scared... more fear... more terror... more juice for the perp./ perps

given the timing, it’s impossible to not believe it’s politically motivated.... regardless of the conspiracy theories mentioned already... this is indicative of a nasty failing system, and I sincerely hope that those responsible are caught vs killed, so shrinks can analyse the bejesus out of the thought process that resulted in this atrocity, and devise ways (laws or codes of decency for influential people or organizations, perhaps) to reduce extreme societal disaffection moving forward, if that’s what it is

2 hours ago, Tug said:

This is the fruits of Donald’s devisiveness this belongs on Donald’s doorstep own it ya coward and knowing this person means he will try to blame the dems

Couldn't have said it better myself ! Thank you.

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

'So I am not trying to push a conspiracy theory.......but here's my conspiracy theory'.

The 'logic' you are trying so hard to apply is irrelevant as yet again you are trying to deflect from the root cause of these incidents which as any sensible person knows is the vitriol that comes out of your beloved Masters mouth. On a weekly basis he empowers White Nationalists and far-right fascists whilst simultaneously denigrating immigrants, muslims, the LGBT community, women and any one else who doesn't agree with his warped sense of nationalism.

You cannot stand on a podium week after week, whipping the faithful up into a frenzy without expecting someone to take Trumps comments as a green light to do something more. 

The only terrorism in the US currently is home grown and will only increase until this stain on American history is removed.    

Well said !

As I have said before about Trumps antics, there is a trickle down effect. He is encouraging home grown terrorism with his filthy mouth. His minions are getting the message, loud and freaking clear.

21 hours ago, wayned said:

The sad fact of the matter is that our politics has come to the point where someone just attempted to murder 2 ex Presidents, 1 ex Secretary of State, 1 ex Attorney General, 1 ex Director of the CIA and a sitting US Congresswoman.  All of these people have openly criticized Trump and he has and continues to openly criticize them.  I'm not saying that he sent the bombs himself, but his continuing negative rhetoric about people who oppose him is weaponizing certain individuals in his base!

It seems some people have short memories! And as far as your claim of weaponizing, I have another link below that shows , rather shocking attempts by the media to attack him personally!

Nobody knows anything about who did this attempted package bombing,but to many are so quick to blame,Sad!

Attempted assassination of Donald Trump

2016 "The incident received limited media coverage in the United States"

"Sandford, a 20-year-old British citizen who had a lengthy history of mental disorders, stated that he had wished to kill Trump to prevent him from becoming president"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempted_assassination_of_Donald_Trump

"Compared to other recent presidents, news reports about President Trump have been more focused on his personality than his policy, and are more likely to carry negative assessments of his actions, according to a new studyfrom the Pew Research Center's Journalism Project"

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/02/555092743/study-news-coverage-of-trump-more-negative-than-for-other-presidents

1 hour ago, riclag said:

"Compared to other recent presidents, news reports about President Trump have been more focused on his personality than his policy, and are more likely to carry negative assessments of his actions, according to a new studyfrom the Pew Research Center's Journalism Project"

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/02/555092743/study-news-coverage-of-trump-more-negative-than-for-other-presidents

Haha .... Is there any wonder why "news reports about President Trump have been more focused on his personality" !!!!!

This is the most outlandish president the country has ever had, and probably will have.

President Trump aka "the body slam president".

1 hour ago, riclag said:

It seems some people have short memories! And as far as your claim of weaponizing, I have another link below that shows , rather shocking attempts by the media to attack him personally!

Nobody knows anything about who did this attempted package bombing,but to many are so quick to blame,Sad!

Attempted assassination of Donald Trump

2016 "The incident received limited media coverage in the United States"

"Sandford, a 20-year-old British citizen who had a lengthy history of mental disorders, stated that he had wished to kill Trump to prevent him from becoming president"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempted_assassination_of_Donald_Trump

I'm not sure why you think that applies.  I don't have a short memory, I remember exactly where I was when JFK was assassinated in 1963.  There have been many attempts on presidents, candidates and former presidents:

" More than 30 attempts to kill an incumbent or former president, or a president-elect have been made since the early 1800s. Four sitting presidents have been killed, all of them by gunshot: Abraham Lincoln (1865), James A. Garfield (1881), William McKinley (1901) and John F. Kennedy (1963)."

All eight of the people targeted were critics of DT.  It could be a crazy hired by either Deven Nunes or Donald Trump Jr. or maybe one hired by Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Shummer but i doubt it. In the end we will hopefully find out but it could just be a crazy that has been weaponized by the constant divisive rhetoric on Donald Trump!

Archived