'Explosive devices' sent to Clinton, Obama, CNN two weeks before U.S. election

webfact

I guess we have already forgotten about what happened to Congressmen Steve Scalise in summer of 2017 at a baseball field.  He almost died after being shot numerous times.  The shooter had a hit list of Republican Congressmen.  It goes both ways. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, neeray said:

Haha .... Is there any wonder why "news reports about President Trump have been more focused on his personality" !!!!!

This is the most outlandish president the country has ever had, and probably will have.

President Trump aka "the body slam president".

Yes, the media has spent a lot more time on the body slam as oppose to the attempted assassination

2016 "The incident received limited media coverage in the United States"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempted_assassination_of_Donald_Trump

25 minutes ago, wayned said:

I'm not sure why you think that applies.  I don't have a short memory, I remember exactly where I was when JFK was assassinated in 1963.  There have been many attempts on presidents, candidates and former presidents:

" More than 30 attempts to kill an incumbent or former president, or a president-elect have been made since the early 1800s. Four sitting presidents have been killed, all of them by gunshot: Abraham Lincoln (1865), James A. Garfield (1881), William McKinley (1901) and John F. Kennedy (1963)."

All eight of the people targeted were critics of DT.  It could be a crazy hired by either Deven Nunes or Donald Trump Jr. or maybe one hired by Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Shummer but i doubt it. In the end we will hopefully find out but it could just be a crazy that has been weaponized by the constant divisive rhetoric on Donald Trump!

You commented on  Trump weaponizing in a previous comment "but his continuing negative rhetoric about people who oppose him is weaponizing certain individuals in his base"!  I was trying to show how the MSM has used rhetoric to weaponize  mentally challenged people.

'"The assassination attempt received limited coverage in the American media.[54][10][55] Several journalists and political commentators proposed explanations for this, including the "feebly unsophisticated" and "poorly conceived" nature of the attempt,[54] Trump's own disinterest in making political capital from the event,[54][10] and alleged media biaS"

2 minutes ago, Kiwiken said:

I feel sorry to see that certain individuals anywhere believe that silencing an opposing view by any means is justified. Attempts like this bring to mind Roman history. Funny how history repeats itself .

Yup!the internal struggles for power

I've said it before and I will say it again, IMHO Donald Trump is a Psychopath!  AS I said in another thread the only thing that he thinks was bad about the Saudis killing Khashoggi was that they got caught.  I also think that he really feels that the only thing bad about the multiple bombs was that they didn't reach their intended destination and blow up in the recipient's face!

6 hours ago, riclag said:

Yes, the media has spent a lot more time on the body slam as oppose to the attempted assassination

There are reasons why the various authorities do not generally publicize assassination attempts.

Your comparison to "the body slam" is irrelevant.

Undoubtedly there will be more assassination attempts on your man. With a mouth that spews vitriol such as his, there are certain to be many radicals who would like to silence him.

7 hours ago, riclag said:

The media reported that a mentally unstable man attempted to grab the gun of a police officer and later said he wanted to kill Trump.  He came nowhere close to succeeding, or getting elected to Congress.  Perhaps that's why the body slam got more coverage.

On 10/24/2018 at 11:19 PM, pedro01 said:

OK - so about the rhetoric.

It's coming from both sides. The media are creating more simply by the fact there are more of them.

Both Trump and the media need to tone it down but like I say - the media outpace Trump on the rhetoric side - that's an industry, Trump is just 1 mouthpiece with a big audience.

I would agree that these bomb-a-likes could as easily be from the left as the right. There's no upside in making victims of your opposition going into an election, in fact - it tends to do the opposite, to bolster their support.

Give examples of the media outpacing Trump in BS rhetoric.  Limit yourself to the news, legitimate journalists, not comedians and politicians.  Remember that fact-checking and identifying completely unsubstantiated claims are things the legitimate news is supposed to do.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:13 PM, canuckamuck said:

Once again it is time to ask who benefits. Obviously these bombs weren't intended to go off. This is more of a statement than anything.

I can't see this helping the folks on the right, unless it is eventually confirmed to be a false flag. So my suspicion is a plot by the left. Early days yet though. There are crazies on both sides and it could be lone wolf stuff.

"Once again it is time to ask who benefits."

Using that logic we can blame all mass shootings on the gun industry; gun stocks go up after a mass shooting.

Or we could stop inventing conspiracy theories and accept that these are most likely the acts of one or more unstable right-wing nut jobs who aren't thinking of the consequences of their actions.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:01 PM, stevenl said:

Ok, you agree with a nonsense statement on which the maker has been backpeddaling as hard as he could. He himself realised it was nonsense, but you still stick by it. Doesn't speak very favorably for you

if you cant see the similarities then it does not reflect very well on you.

There are several possibilities. A non-political lunatic or an international terrorist being behind all this are very remote possibilities; which, leaves us with 2 main possibilities :

1) A left-hating, pro-Trump person/persons is/are responsible, with hatred being the motive.

2) An anti-Trump/anti-Republican person/persons is/are responsible, with the purpose of making Trump and his supporters look bad in the eyes of many people, with very little time left before the mid-term elections.

I am guessing no. 1.

Archived