Democrats tie Trump's rhetoric to spate of suspected bombs

webfact

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

back right window is different in the 2 pics.

but I get your humor????

Shadows are different also, and in the right picture it looks like a tape has been placed across the back doors of the van, probably by the police so they can't be opened without evidence of them being opened.  Clearly the pictures were taken at different times and something has changed in the back right window.  However the second picture is so blurred it's impossible to say what.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, webfact said:

a number of top Democrats were quick to label the threats a symptom of a coarsening brand of political rhetoric promoted by President Donald Trump

All that proves, IMO, is that a number of top democrats are suffering from TDS.

Bombers in the US were around long before Trump became president, and I doubt it's been possible to "coarsen" US politics since Kennedy was assassinated.

However, in true Dems style, never let a crisis go to waste.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

All that proves, IMO, is that a number of top democrats are suffering from TDS.

Bombers in the US were around long before Trump became president, and I doubt it's been possible to "coarsen" US politics since Kennedy was assassinated.

However, in true Dems style, never let a crisis go to waste.

So, in your imaginary world, Trump's style and rhetoric are no different than those employed by past Presidents?

:coffee1: 

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

Just admit it was a trump supporter and not a democrat ploy as pushed by some here.

unmistakably looks like an overhour the top, leave no doubt trump supporter

with posters to prove it too.

though he was registered as democrat 

https://web.archive.org/web/20181026155907/https://www.mylife.com/cesar-sayoc/e750795670848

makes sense, a lot of former democrats left the party.

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

Just admit it was a trump supporter and not a democrat ploy as pushed by some here.

Obviously it was a Trump supporter but he can't be blamed for some nut case they are everywhere.

All that should happen is UTTER condemnation on both sides and don't tell me the Dems are not whining "it's Trump's fault" on every MSN channel they can. I condemn blaming by either side and I'm sick of it.

8 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Obviously it was a Trump supporter but he can't be blamed for some nut case they are everywhere.

All that should happen is UTTER condemnation on both sides and don't tell me the Dems are not whining "it's Trump's fault" on every MSN channel they can. I condemn blaming by either side and I'm sick of it.

MSM is making it clear that Trump's rhetoric is partially responsible.

When the communists thought the US considered the Korean peninsula outside its sphere of influence, they invaded South Korea.  When Saddam Hussein thought the US wasn't concerned with what happened in the Arabian Middle East, he invaded Kuwait.  When Saudi Arabia concluded (correctly) that Trump likes autocrats and hates journalists, it murdered Jamal Khashoggi.

The language used by the White House matters.  That's why responsible Presidents choose their words carefully.

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

MSM is making it clear that Trump's rhetoric is partially responsible.

When the communists thought the US considered the Korean peninsula outside its sphere of influence, they invaded South Korea.  When Saddam Hussein thought the US wasn't concerned with what happened in the Arabian Middle East, he invaded Kuwait.  When Saudi Arabia concluded (correctly) that Trump likes autocrats and hates journalists, it murdered Jamal Khashoggi.

The language used by the White House matters.  That's why responsible Presidents choose their words carefully.

And the Dems "harass them everywhere" does not contribute?  really???  Clinton "we can't be civil with them" and all the other hate?  Maxine Waters especially? 

MSN don't speak about THAT oh no it's Trump's fault there is a nutter sending bombs. You think America's gonna buy that?  none of this hate speech helps anything and it should be roundly condemned on ALL sides.

13 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

And the Dems "harass them everywhere" does not contribute?  really???  Clinton "we can't be civil with them" and all the other hate?  Maxine Waters especially? 

MSN don't speak about THAT oh no it's Trump's fault there is a nutter sending bombs. You think America's gonna buy that?  none of this hate speech helps anything and it should be roundly condemned on ALL sides.

The White House has the biggest megaphone in the world.  That's why responsible Presidents choose their words carefully.  Have you forgotten who is in the White House?

Maxine Waters is a minor figure compared to the President.  The Democratic leadership does not advocate "harass the everywhere".  "we can't be civil with them" is pretty tame compared to "Obama is the founder of ISIS" and "lying, crooked Hillary".   "we can't be civil with them" is also a sad statement of the reality of the Trump administration and the current Republican Party.

Also, you know about these things because of MSM.

cesar sayoc anagram Accesory A ????

LAW
someone who gives assistance to the perpetrator of a crime without taking part in it.
"she was charged as an accessory to murder"
synonyms: accomplice, partner in crime, abetter, associate, confederate, collaborator, fellow conspirator, henchman, conniver
"she was charged as an accessory to murder

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:25 PM, Morch said:

So, in your imaginary world, Trump's style and rhetoric are no different than those employed by past Presidents?

:coffee1: 

Maybe not identical, but they have all been pretty bad presidents. Incompetent, liars, womanisers, war mongers, profligate spenders of other people's money, etc. I can't think of one that deserves respect since Kennedy passed away.

Trump's rhetoric about the "invaders" that are coming to the US border in the caravan that is currently in Mexico was not tied to him by the "Dems", it was directly tied to him by the guy in Pittsburgh that slaughtered the 11 senior citizens in the synagogue in Pittsburgh because he thought that HIAS was behind the "invasion".

Rhetoric counts and he is not changing it. What's next?

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Maybe not identical, but they have all been pretty bad presidents. Incompetent, liars, womanisers, war mongers, profligate spenders of other people's money, etc. I can't think of one that deserves respect since Kennedy passed away.

You don't like womanizers but you liked Kennedy?

I guess that is a pretty minor hypocrisy compared to evangelicals supporting Trump.

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As pointed out above, Kennedy would have made the list as well. Other than that, I believe the topic is about Trump?

On 10/25/2018 at 12:31 PM, Kelsall said:

JT, you and I go back a long way so I say this with love.  Trump IS trying to unify the country and it's the liberal media that keeps fanning the flames of hate.  Don't buy into it, please.

Trump is trying to unify the country? In what way? There are more democrats than republicans in America. When does Trump throw them anything? And how often does he taunt them? How often does he make up lies about their agendas? He gives lip service to it when forced, and then goes to a rally that night and tells everyone what he really thinks.  Despite all of these incidents this week he's on twitter every morning blaming the victims.

3 hours ago, Srinivas said:

Trump is the go to guy for basically everything that ails the democrats.

You can name an event, any event and it won't be long to connect Trump.

Very useful guy this Trump.

Useful like a near-death experience?  That's only useful if you survive, and it remains to be seen if democracy in the US can survive Trump.

I have my doubts about many of the posters here, so I will address my post to those who have been in Thailand since the 2014 coup.  Remember how the first thing the unelected government (I can't use the proper term, censorship and all that) did was censor the press and free speech? 

The First Amendment of the US Constitution, guaranteeing freedom of the press and speech, is our first and best defense against undemocratic forces.  Trump, by repeatedly making it clear that he thinks the free press is the "enemy of the people" has the First Amendment under attack, the most serious attack in my 60+ years.  What's incredibly disturbing is how so many people cheer when he attacks the foundations of democracy and freedom.

I don't agree that "What does not kill me makes me stronger."  Even if we survive Trump, I fear that he, by demonstrating the popularity of ignorance and a cult-like allegiance to an (inexplicably) popular leader will teach those that follow how to undermine democracy in the US.

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

.  Trump, by repeatedly making it clear that he thinks the free press is the "enemy of the people" has the First Amendment under attack, the most serious attack in my 60+ years. 

I think he says fake news is the enemy, not so muchfree press.

stuff like this, have a good browse, you won't be disappointed.

and I don't care if you like trump or hate trump.

mediacrisis.info

2 hours ago, Srinivas said:

mediacrisis.info

Weak spin, dude.

To "trump" and his fans, their definition of "fake news" is anything that appears critical of "trump" including completely objective reporting of crap the troll president actually says (in tweet or video) and including correctly pointing out his obvious lies (which are so constant even the press can barely keep up).

The only people fooled by his anti-democracy game are those people under his narcissistic authoritarian trollish spell.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Weak spin, dude.

To "trump" and his fans, their definition of "fake news" is anything that appears critical of "trump" including completely objective reporting of crap the troll president actually says (in tweet or video) and including correctly pointing out his obvious lies (which are so constant even the press can barely keep up).

The only people fooled by his anti-democracy game are those people under his narcissistic authoritarian trollish spell.

and you know what happens in other peoples heads. amazing. and Trump is a spell binder, like a grand wizard. You two have incredible power. thx

13 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

and you know what happens in other peoples heads. amazing. and Trump is a spell binder, like a grand wizard. You two have incredible power. thx

He's among the greatest propagandists in world history. He's certainly not dumb. As a marketer and CON MAN he's the top of the heap. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

He's among the greatest propagandists in world history. He's certainly not dumb. As a marketer and CON MAN he's the top of the heap. 

He has an easy audience. I like to see him be a "top of the heap" propagandist to anyone with an IQ higher than 70

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

oh im well aware of his media prowess and he is no dummy when it comes to strategy.

But the "fake news", and by this I mean media forces in opposition have tried to sell him as a clown, idiot, ignorant, rapist, russian agent, tax cheat etc but not smart enough to beat him and not a way to reach voters. very low iq arrogant thinking there too.

so my point is when Trump says fake news, he is not attacking freedom of press imo.

he is attacking his opposition media and baiting them. 

mediacrisis.info is just a collection of print media games, not all trump related but interesting recent propaganda. 

4 hours ago, Srinivas said:

oh im well aware of his media prowess and he is no dummy when it comes to strategy.

But the "fake news", and by this I mean media forces in opposition have tried to sell him as a clown, idiot, ignorant, rapist, russian agent, tax cheat etc but not smart enough to beat him and not a way to reach voters. very low iq arrogant thinking there too.

so my point is when Trump says fake news, he is not attacking freedom of press imo.

he is attacking his opposition media and baiting them. 

mediacrisis.info is just a collection of print media games, not all trump related but interesting recent propaganda. 

Well considering he is a tax cheat (most rich people are but even so, have you seen his tax returns yet?), that Russian involvement in the election is now proven (whether he personally colluded directly is still the question - but sure to be answered soon) and his misogyny is legendary, they may have a point.

He is a clown/idiot/ignorant by definition of what comes out of his mouth and his daily outburst just demonstrate his lack of even the most basic of knowledge on matters that anyone would expect a POTUS to have.

The 'fake news' Trump fans cry about all the time certainly have an agenda but I don't think it's unjustified and the right have just as much responsibility through the likes of Fox News (basically a Trump propaganda machine) and the likes of Breitbart and similar crazy sites.

Freedom of the press is enshrined in America and this guy is doing his level best to undermine one of the very pillars of democracy because they are calling him out on every one of his numerous infractions. If you can't see this then you are as much a problem as he is and don't be too surprised when one day an even worse despot than this guy rises to the top job but by then he has total control because the free press you quite readily throw under the bus are no longer around to stop him. 

9 hours ago, Srinivas said:

mediacrisis.info

But it's what he calls fake news. Including news that doesn't just quote him but points out that he's telling falsehoods.

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

Well considering he is a tax cheat (most rich people are but even so, have you seen his tax returns yet?), that Russian involvement in the election is now proven (whether he personally colluded directly is still the question - but sure to be answered soon) and his misogyny is legendary, they may have a point.

He is a clown/idiot/ignorant by definition of what comes out of his mouth and his daily outburst just demonstrate his lack of even the most basic of knowledge on matters that anyone would expect a POTUS to have.

The 'fake news' Trump fans cry about all the time certainly have an agenda but I don't think it's unjustified and the right have just as much responsibility through the likes of Fox News (basically a Trump propaganda machine) and the likes of Breitbart and similar crazy sites.

Freedom of the press is enshrined in America and this guy is doing his level best to undermine one of the very pillars of democracy because they are calling him out on every one of his numerous infractions. If you can't see this then you are as much a problem as he is and don't be too surprised when one day an even worse despot than this guy rises to the top job but by then he has total control because the free press you quite readily throw under the bus are no longer around to stop him. 

im not throwing any press freedom under the bus.  They all spin it for their own team advantage, free to do so and free to punch back. goes both ways.

As for his taxes, ive seen the racheal maddow meltdown after the build up.

he paid something like 130 million for that year. maybe he owed more but thats for irs to decide. not crappy news spinners.

it must feel extra bad to lose to such an "idiot" lol 

never underestimate your enemy. seems like his opposition got caught up

in their own arrogance ,underestimated and lost even with the help of this corporate "free press".   pillar of democracy????

Archived