Florida man charged in connection with 14 mail bombs sent to Trump critics

rooster59

2 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

Never in US history have citizens committed violent acts against opponents of the President, specifically in their support of the President.  Trump has unleashed political violence as the result of his virulent rhetoric.  

I wonder if M. L. King could not be one example? J. Lennon perhaps, in a more indirect way?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, bangsaenguy said:

This guy really drank the kool aid. He has done exactly what Trump has encouraged. This action is Trump's responsibility. Of course, he will blame anyone other than himself. If I closed my eyes and envisioned a typical Trump supporter, this guy would be it. Blindly following the Pied Piper

You have echoed my thoughts exactly. A great post.

I notice that so far (3 pages in), the TVF Trumpeteers have stayed pretty quiet on this thread that exposes the lunatic that silently took his command from Trump, the king of vitriol.

I have lifted a few comments from one of the many North American newspapers and posted them here. Great reading relative to the nature of Trump followers.

"a confused man who had trouble controlling his emotions."

A cousin of Sayoc, Lenny Altieri, used stronger terms.

"I know the guy is a lunatic,"

Florida voter records show Sayoc first registered in March 2016 as a Republican and cast a ballot in that November's presidential election.

He has been an active Trump supporter, tweeting and posting Facebook videos that appear to show him at the president's rallies.

Yes, he is IMHO, a typical Trump supporter.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

Already addressed by USPS - the packages were irregular and would have been damaged by the cancel stamp machine.  I don't expect Trump's conspiracy theorist supporters to pay attention to real news souces, as they only view Trump's Fox News, InfoWars and Limbaugh, which only perpetuate conspiracy theories.

why doesn't the U.S. require a passport or DL when mailing a package.  this info could be scanned in and added to the bar code on the package. better yet biometric data?

Edited by malibukid
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, JestSetter said:

I wonder if M. L. King could not be one example? J. Lennon perhaps, in a more indirect way?

James Earl Ray was a lifelong criminal, a fugitive who had escaped from prison, and a white supremacist.  No political motive.

Mark Chapman said he was angered by Lennon's statement that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus.  Religious motive.

Care for strike three?

3 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Thanks for that. Really interesting with all his tweets etc about the Seminoles. Geez! Hard to believe anything one reads nowadays. 

Here's a rule of thumb:  If you read it on twitter, there's a very good chance it's BS. 

The same goes for all "news" on social media.  Use a real news source.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, attrayant said:

Trump will probably trot out the same line he used when two of his radical followers beat a homeless man with a pipe: "My followers are very passionate."

What Trump has done so far is declined to disavow the support of the arrested erstwhile bomber, but that might change as the days pass by.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

Is it to early to respond with a opinion,probably !This whatever is a sick individual!

Does this individual represent PT or supporters for change,  far from it! Would a rational person two weeks before the second most important election spoil it's idol's image or it's cause ! This individual's hatred and how it chose to show it, is inconceivable!

Distancing Republicans from the bomber probably a good idea right now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We are all individuals.

This particular individual is clearly (by evidence of his social

media activity) a Trump supporter. 

The reason you struggle to understand his and his actions is rooted in your refusal to accept Trump’s part in promoting division and hatred.

The bomber is not a ‘loan wolf’, he had a leader, his leader is in the White House.

This judusbomber has a past for acting out, many years before DT  and the call for change came in 2015 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, riclag said:

This judusbomber has a past for acting out, many years before DT  and the call for change came in 2015 

Today he is a MAGAbomber (attested admiration for Trump + real hatred towards Trump's political opponents  turned into political terror) 

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2