Do something about the dirty rats of Beach Road Pattaya!

webfact

15 hours ago, Fred31 said:

Like the way they don't pick up those bags for two or three weeks in England nowadays? At least Thaialnd has a chance to improve whereas the UK is down down down............

I thought the UK had wheelie bins that were rat-proof?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Why not get all the street cat's down there for a hearty Cat v Rat Muay Thai contest or something .. Can't be anymore daft than the Rabies census idea thing for Dogs 'n Cats .. 

Perhaps they could train the temple dogs to be rat catchers.  Surely some of them are equivalent to the Rat Terrier was originally bred for ratting and farm work. A multipurpose companion dog that is capable of hunting rodents and vermin above and below ground, and to course small game.

16 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Why don’t they replace the open top garbage bins with dumpsters with lids ?

Now, such complicated garbage system with a lid is too much to ask from people who can't even build a small(now destroyed) marina, the kind you see even on the coasts of failed states such as Somalia or in Cuba, an extremely poor Caribbean country and also known to get category 5 hurricanes very often (in photo below)

Marina Hemingway Cuba.PNG

No one can explain here  why that marina can't be fixed or rebuilt for so many years, why that illegal building was allowed to be build and now abandoned for so many years without a solution,why they can't find a solution to beach erosion, why so much garbage is accumulating all over the city streets and rats invade in areas of trash bag mounds...

Edited by pattayadude
  • Like 1

It's not just Pattaya. Down the road in Sattahip I regularly catch rats in the back yard, I keep a trap set, baited with 7/11 bread - they don't like cheese or designer breads! Normally I will catch one or two, then go weeks without. This last week I have caught 12, 2 in one trap once, and had to put down sticky rat in the bedroom, and caught two - they seem to like the wife's expensive Clinique soap!

We have a lot of cats around, but I never see them chase anything - I think the Russians feed them to much.

Edited by Grusa
Spelling correction
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Grusa said:

It's not just Pattaya. Down the road in Sattahip I regularly catch rats in the back yard, I keep a trap set, baited with 7/11 bread - they don't like cheese or designer breads! Normally I will catch one or two, then go weeks without. This last week I have caught 12, 2 in one trap once, and had to put down sticky rat in the bedroom, and caught two - they seem to like the wife's expensive Clinique soap!

We have a lot of cats around, but I never see them chase anything - I think the Russians feed them to much.

they seem to like you and your house since you catch so many.

You seem to like them too considering your profile photo. Nice to have mutual feelings:giggle:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Prairieboy said:

Perhaps they could train the temple dogs to be rat catchers.  Surely some of them are equivalent to the Rat Terrier was originally bred for ratting and farm work. A multipurpose companion dog that is capable of hunting rodents and vermin above and below ground, and to course small game.

I think the temple dogs are not going to be up for that.  They are too busy with their current job of lazing about getting fat of handouts, getting diseases, and attacking people.  Doing a useful job would not appeal to them.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pattayadude said:

they seem to like you and your house since you catch so many.

You seem to like them too considering your profile photo. Nice to have mutual feelings:giggle:

Very funny 55. You would not say that if you saw how I deal with them......!

I have no particular feelings for or against them as such, but I strongly object to the damage they do, especially to wiring, and the mess they make. At least my avatar doesn't crap everywhere!

I think the reason I get so many is partly because of the Thai lady over the wall, who cooks outdoors, leaves food lying about and rarely washes the dishes. That, plus so far as I know I am the only one around who bothers to do anything about it. If I didn't catch them I wouldn't know just how many there are.

• Like 1

Actually I enjoy seeing them occasionally run around. Reminds me that humans can not control nature and other animals in this world have their place. They are scared of you so no threat to us walking down the street. Smart creatures. ????

Actually I enjoy seeing them occasionally run around. Reminds me that humans can not control nature and other animals in this world have their place. They are scared of you so no threat to us walking down the street. Smart creatures. [emoji3]
No threat except for "rok chee noo" or leptospirosis.

1 minute ago, johng said:
8 minutes ago, Wake Up said:
Actually I enjoy seeing them occasionally run around. Reminds me that humans can not control nature and other animals in this world have their place. They are scared of you so no threat to us walking down the street. Smart creatures. emoji3.png

No threat except for "rok chee noo" or leptospirosis.

Rats are smart. They know if you see them you will kill them so they don’t want to be seen. No real threat leptospirosis walking down the street. 

48 minutes ago, Kim J said:

Thirdly, the gaps between the buried sandbags will provide the perfect environment for the rats to burrow, nest and breed.

oh man! perfect sunny and breezy day with a few clouds in the sky and you are lying in the beach chair taking it all in. Then all of a sudden the thought pops in your mind that you are actually sitting on no more than 2 feet of sand and down below there is a network of rats busy breeding and burrowing between giant sandbags. Gross!