Catch-and-release for Phuket slow loris tout

snoop1130

Catch-and-release for Phuket slow loris tout

By Tavee Adam

1540989503_1-org.jpg

Anurak Boonpu, 54, from Narathiwat, was arrested at 8pm on Monday night (Oct 29), and released later that same night. Photo: Piyawat Sukon

PHUKET:-- A slow loris tout who charged tourists in Kata to have their photo taken with the furry, nocturnal creature has been arrested, and released on bail the same night.

Piyawat Sukon, Chief of the Khao Phra Thaew Non-Hunting Area Conservation Centre in Thalang, told The Phuket News that wildlife officials along with officers from the Karon Police arrested Anurak Boonpu, 54, from Narathiwat, on Monday (Oct 29).

“Anurak was arrested while touting the slow loris along the Kata beachfront at 8pm on Monday,” Mr Piyawat said.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/catch-and-release-for-phuket-slow-loris-tout-69182.php#jlqHYJoMAHzWztdq.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-10-31

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A slow loris tout who charged tourists in Kata to have their photo taken with the furry, nocturnal creature has been arrested, and released on bail the same night.

Makes me wonder if the only reason police caught him was because he was moving at the same speed as the loris?

Having said that, they managed to release him pretty quickly, perhaps due to the fast appearance of the bail money.

• Haha 2

I took the dog for a walk on Karon Beach earlier this week when he started sniffing around a group of Australians. Why the interest in these people I didn't know until one of them suggested that it was because they'd been having their photographs taken with a lemur a few minutes ago.

I realised I hadn't been miraculously transported to Madagascar a short time later when I spotted the slow loris tout. I considered taking his photo rather than the other way round, but decided it wasn't a good idea. I have now put the phone number provided in the article into my phone and will phone if I see any of these guys again.