Australia joins the UK and USA with withdrawal of income verification

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Post #1 does not say anything about the Thai Immigration not accepting the Australian Statutory Declaration. It clearly states that the Australian Embassy will not witness the statutory declaration because it cannot verify the income. So you need to learn to read and get with the program.

How the hell can Thai immigration accept a stat dec if it's no longer being issued? And it's no longer issued because Thai immigration insist that the income be verified which the Aussie embassy refuses to do. How can Thai immigration accept something that is no longer in existence?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Media1 said:

AU government are violating citizens rights in the first place petition time

What citizen's rights ? Witnessing Stat Decs would be about number 99 on the list of any embassies priority list. Petition time ???? Now I know you are joking.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I can verify my income with Australian Government documents. It is easy

But coz of dastardly privacy laws you're going to keep that info very close to your chest. Well done Russ. 

8 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Will be interesting to see how the European embassies react. I hope that the Germans will continue with the letter but to be safe I will now transfer 65,000 every month to my Thai account using Transferwise and hope that will suffice, interesting times we are living in.

If you are able to fulfill the One Time Password requirement ( there are ways ) ' Instarem ' will save you money, check out the currency exchange comparison site " monito " - possibly transfer when the exchange rate is right. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Just now, malt25 said:

What citizen's rights ? Witnessing Stat Decs would be about number 99 on the list of any embassies priority list. Petition time ???? Now I know you are joking.

A stat dec is a legal binding letter. Every citizen has the right to use. I can prove the amount via a linked AU GOV website. Embassy can not legally refuse a citizen. I will call Monday

35 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Fear not army gone soon. Immigration back to normal. Farang welcomed again..Thais want farang not dirty Chinese. Prayut will learn this at elections 

Army gone where? They're in for the long haul and they do that by switching vehicles a lot among other things.

12 minutes ago, giddyup said:

How can Thai immigration accept something that is no longer in existence?

Thai Immigration still accept Incomes Letter from Embassies who continue to provide these letters. (More than 50!)

Looks like it's difficult for you to admit that you can be wrong... :wink:

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Russell17au said:

The thing is that anyone who is on a government pension can prove their income quite easy and it is also easy for the embassies to be able to verify government pensions. It would not take much for each of the embassies to have access to the amounts that are paid for the different government pensions. I can print mine out of official Australian government letterhead and it tells the type of pension that I am receiving so how hard would it be for the embassies to have a list of the different government pensions to check.

Understood and there certainly are Aussie retirees here. However, I would venture to hazard the guess that the Embassies would get put in a real bind trying to set up a very complicated set of rules on what they would need for each person, Aussie or not, not being on a government pension. I have no issues with the Kingdom of Thailand wanting validation of adequate funds to live in Thailand. I will not be bringing 800K to a Thai Bank. Bangkok Bank receives my monthly income meeting both my understanding of Thai income requirements an for me to live a comfortable, sustainable retirement here.

• Like 1

A stat dec is a legal binding letter. Every citizen has the right to use. I can prove the amount via a linked AU GOV website. Embassy can not legally refuse a citizen. I will call Monday
So if I were to bring my bank statement and maybe a letter from my Oz bank to the the Embassy can they write a verification letter like the German Embassy or will they refuse?Keeping in mind that it's not a Stat Dec.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, gaviny said:

So if I were to bring my bank statement and maybe a letter from my Oz bank to the the Embassy can they write a verification letter like the German Embassy or will they refuse?Keeping in mind that it's not a Stat Dec.

I think they not write any letter. But l will ask 

3 minutes ago, gaviny said:

But if I bring a Commonwealth of Australia aged pension income statement then why can I not get a Statutory Declaration. It is not a private pension, it is a government paid pension and that should be easy to verify and I should be able to get a stat dec

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

The embassies of 3 countries have stated they cannot comply with the income verification request from Thai Immigration. So the embassies of 3 main countries (sorry glegolo) are blowing smoke up your kilt or what?

Thai Immigration don't have to make any announcements as the legal requirements for proof of income as stated in the police orders are unchanged.

I don't think it is a case of cannot but more like will not verify even a government pension

But if I bring a Commonwealth of Australia aged pension income statement then why can I not get a Statutory Declaration. It is not a private pension, it is a government paid pension and that should be easy to verify and I should be able to get a stat dec
Exactly ,as they have the evidence in front on them which the can verify , but I think here is the crux of the matter, they will not accept your statement as genuine and will not take the trouble to verify with your bank.

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I don't think it is a case of cannot but more like will not verify even a government pension

Well they will be verified mine. Because I will have proof live inline right there and then. They must give a letter or stat dec

Just now, gaviny said:

Exactly ,as they have the evidence in front on them which the can verify , but I think here is the crux of the matter, they will not accept your statement as genuine and will not take the trouble to verify with your bank.

There is no excuse for these lazy embassy but heads it's all online gov.au

8 hours ago, Pib said:

In my opinion when the dust settles on this which is when "HQ Thai immigration" hopefully provides updated guidance on the "monthly income option" my money is on the bet that it will indeed require an average monthly international deposit into your Thai bank....repeat, into your Thai bank account....not your bank account outside of Thailand.  Summary: monthly international deposit of 65K to your Thai bank account if using the monthly income method.

And accepted proof will be a bank letter with passbook/statement confirming the monthly international transfers.  This proof method is similar to the 800/400K large deposit in a Thai bank method (i.e., relies on the Thai bank versus a foreign financial company/bank) and is easy for an immigration officer to review & verify.   If feeling the provided Thai bank docs are fake the immigration office can easily/quickly contact the issuing Thai bank to confirm the docs.   It's following the KISS principle. 

If the docs are identified/suspected as fake during the extension renewal the renewal is disapproved.  If the the extension is approved but say a little later (a few days, week or months) later they do a verification check with the Thai bank that issued the docs and the docs are found to be fake your extension is cancelled, you are given 7 days to depart the country, and possibly even an reentry/reapplication ban of X-years depending on the situation.  I feel this is certainly and easily within the realm of possibly.

As more and more foreign embassies come out with this same statement taking X-amount deposited monthly into a Thai bank account it also makes it easier for Thai Immigration to implement such a policy, especially since those foreign embassies have been notifying their citizens of the income letter change.  UK/US/AU embassies have provided notifications so far.  Just these mere home country embassy notifications, whether the info in the notifications was completely correct or not, makes the change easier to implement for Thai Immigration. 

Our own foreign embassies are basically making it easier for Thai Immigration to shift to a monthly international deposit into a Thai bank requirement.    

Well done on taking the time to inform forum of what I think is the best ' guestimate ' of how it should perhaps play out in time - there is likely to be a twist that gets added but maybe I am being cynical

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

It clearly states that the Australian Embassy will not witness the statutory declaration because it cannot verify the income.

....which is exactly what Thai Immigration wants them to do.

Just the same mixture of righteous indignation, bone-headedness, ignorance and spite that fueled plenty pages of vacuous nonsense on the British Embassy income letter thread and to a lesser extent, the subsequent US embassy income latter thread.

Who's next?

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Not necessarily could be their efforts to weed out ones that really 

abused the letter with income that is low and perhaps doing something illegal to survive. 

We cant always think their out to get us. When I totally retire 

it could be a stretch although minor. Hopefully they’ll clean 

up those they’re targeting.

Come back and say ok mission accomplished here’s some new requirements that are favorable for those of you that show you

like it here and show it. 

I know I’m dreaming but one can only hope! And to break the ice some beautiful cars...

3F33F100-2868-461A-9EF0-5BA2B3D0022E.jpeg

No Holdens there mate, your showing your bias!

• Like 1