Actor Alec Baldwin charged over New York parking spot fight

rooster59

Actor Alec Baldwin charged over New York parking spot fight

By Gabriella Borter

800x800 (3).jpg

69th Primetime Emmy Awards – Show – Los Angeles, California, U.S., 17/09/2017 - Alec Baldwin accepts the award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for "Saturday Night Live." REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Actor Alec Baldwin, most recently famous for his impersonations of U.S. President Donald Trump, was charged on Friday after a fight over a New York parking spot, police said.

The "30 Rock" sitcom actor, 60, "assaulted someone for a parking spot that they were both going for," New York Police Department detective Sophia Mason said.

Baldwin was arrested and charged with misdemeanour assault and harassment, police said. He was met by dozens of photographers and camera crews on his release from a New York police station on Friday.

Representatives for Baldwin said the actor had no comment.

Baldwin has enjoyed a new wave of popularity in the last two years for his scathing impressions of Trump on TV sketch series "Saturday Night Live," winning an Emmy.

Told by White House reporters on Friday of his arrest, Trump replied, "I wish him luck."

Baldwin has a history of losing his temper. In 2014, he was given a summons for disorderly conduct after an argument with police who stopped him riding his bike down a one-way street in New York. In 2011, he was thrown off a plane for refusing to stop playing the game "Words with Friends" before take-off.

Baldwin, who currently hosts the weekly television talk show "The Alec Baldwin Show," in 2012 denied punching a photographer who was trying to take photos of him with his then-fiancee, yoga teacher Hilaria Thomas.

Baldwin and Thomas married in 2012 and have four children.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-11-03

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I never know if I should cry or laugh or whatever that something like that is "world news".

I scratched my right foot this morning. Should I let AP know about it?

Better yet, forward it immediately to the TVF News Team.????

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Rich entitled liberal - classic 

Only poor disenfranchised conservatives  can fight over a parking spots, everybody knows that.

8 hours ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

It's hard getting a good spot to park at Chaweng beach but I haven't punched anyone over it...yet!

You are young, give it time.

and in the meantime practice practice practice .

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I never know if I should cry or laugh or whatever that something like that is "world news".

Just for your information, it was reported on the US National News.  

On 11/2/2018 at 8:18 PM, Srikcir said:

Baldwin was just acting out a Trump scenario.

Not really. Trump would never in a million years have the courage to punch someone. He is a bully. Bullies usually do not engage in actual fights. Trump would go down in an instant, and would be wailing on the sidewalk for an hour, from a soft slap to the face. My guess is he has never been in an actual physical confrontation. He uses his lawyers to wage his battles, and steals from hard working American contractors, who had the temerity to believe in him, and then got the shaft, many of whom lost their businesses. Trump did not lose a wink of sleep over it. He was involved in 3,600 lawsuits at the time he took office, as the deflector in chief. He has earned billions using this gangster method, pioneered by Alexander the not so great, and followed up by Al Capone, and Meyer Lansky.

Baldwin is obviously a troubled man. He is successful, is worth $65 million, and still cannot seem to find satisfaction in life. Punching someone over a parking space? Now, that is really weak and pathetic. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

Just desserts for Baldwin. He is an arrogant entitled liberal that has anger management issues and this is far from the first time he has landed on the wrong side of the law due to his temper and intolerance. Seems like scumbag to me. Gam-sa-nong-gam

On 11/3/2018 at 6:32 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Well if your expecting accurate reporting don't bother.