Thailand cave rescuers were sure most of the kids would die

rooster59

Thailand cave rescuers were sure most of the kids would die

By Laura Italiano

181103-thai-cave-rescue.jpg

The rescued soccer team members pose with a sketch of the Thai Navy SEAL diver who died while trying to rescue them.

They didn’t tell the press this, or the desperate, waiting parents — but the international team of divers who rescued 12 boys and their soccer coach from a submerged cave in Thailand last summer had assumed, going in, that most of the kids would die.

According to a gripping new book — “The Boys In The Cave” by Matt Gutman of ABC News — two of the boys nearly did perish during the risky rescue.

One, a tall 16-year-old nicknamed “Night,” was suffering severe pneumonia. He repeatedly stopped breathing under the heavy sedation needed to keep the boys’ wetsuit-swathed bodies calm and pliant as they were pulled a mile through a treacherous, underground hellscape.

Full story: https://nypost.com/2018/11/03/thailand-cave-rescuers-were-sure-most-of-the-kids-would-die/

NEW YORK POST: 2018-11-04

At the time , I was wondering to myself .

Say , if the first six boys attempting to escape the cave had perished during the rescue mission , would they have continued the rescue mission or decided to leave the other boys in the cave for a few months until the water levels subsided 

It would be interesting to know where Matt Gutman got all the information from to write the book.

AFAIR the two divers with each boy had no communication with each other underwater and would only be able to speak when they surfaced in the caves.

• Like 1

To be honest, I'm a little tired of hearing about this lot as they are not some sort of heroes or something...they were a bunch of careless kids under to the guidance of an even more careless adult. If there are any heroes here then it's the divers that got these morons out. Sad that the moronic public lap up this BS so much.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

You are NOT being honest, just a faceless heartless ****** who cannot rejoice in a "job well done" by all involved.

Please go and meet the parents of one of the "careless kids" and see what reaction you get.

If you have any kids, and given your callous comments,  I hope you do not, are you suggesting that your "careless kids" should NOT be rescued when in dire straits?

:sad:

Thanks for the BS...well done. Next time read the post properly...the heroes are the divers that got these idiots out.

Edited by Sir Dude
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Anything for a bitch session and a stir is ok for some people, usually the ones who have done bugger all throughout life but are experts on everything. 

It is called common sense.

If beating your head against a wall hurts don't do it.

If you keep reading something that you know that you don't like, them don't read it.

Are you one of those that had done bugger all in your life but are an expert on everything?

I am certainly not.

Edited by billd766
added extra text

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

It is called common sense.

If beating your head against a wall hurts don't do it.

If you keep reading something that you know that you don't like, them don't read it.

Are you one of those that had done bugger all in your life but are an expert on everything?

I am certainly not.

I was agreeing with you and referring to the poster to which you were responding.... 

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1