Unwanted foreigners -or simply underfunded?

Scouse123

On 11/4/2018 at 2:37 PM, Scouse123 said:

The uproar and subsequent debate surrounding the change of policy by Thai immigration regarding proof of pe nsion letters,

I thought it was a change in policy by the Embassy's...not by the Thai immigration?

• Like 2

On 11/4/2018 at 10:34 AM, worgeordie said:

The shit will hit the really hit the fan,if the Government decides

to uplift the requirements as regards having money in the bank,

to say 1 Million married,1.5 Retired (I have never understood how

if your married,wife to look after,maybe kids) its 400,00,but if

single and retired its 800,000 THB, more of that Thai logic.

getting back to when /if they lift the requirements,another 20 % ?

packing their bags,booking flights ?, leaving on a jet plane.

regards worgeordie

I didn't get the logic either, but there is the not so serious fact that if you eat Thai at home it is perfectly possible for two people to eat well on less than 120 baht a day. More seriously, and as I have, if you bought or built a house then you and your (extended?) family are living rent free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

The burden?

You are foreign and you are here.

That is enough for the xenophobes who want rid of foreign immigrants in the West.

Why should Thailand be different?

And you and plenty more make comments like this:

"Great country ......... just needs a population transplant. ????"

Typical neo-colonialspeak.

That attitude is recognised and felt by many Thai people.

It makes things so much easier for Suthep and his kind.

Oh sorry, I forgot, we're mostly white and not of those "heathen" religions.

We're special, how can they possibly do without us?

The 21st century will be the one in which the self entitled Westerner came down to earth with a bump.

Soundly put.

Though, don't think you're gonna gain any favour within this hardwired Eurocentric bunch. 

Disconnected dispositions are extremely difficult to modify. 

2 hours ago, atyclb said:

a thai female friend with a high level job for a japanese multinational company also feels things changing. she thinks the government is trying to clean up the country of illegals, and criminal types, but in the process many normal decent people are being hassled to no end.    

personally i think owning a condo (regardless of price or when purchased) is suffient reason to be granted a visa to be able to live in the condo you bought.

Agree with you on that, owning a condo (unfortunately can't own house/land) but owning real estate AND LIVING IN should be a sufficient reason to grant an yearly visa, it shows a person's commitment willingness to stay/invest and live in the country

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2018 at 4:34 PM, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Yea plain f stupid in my opinion, it should be the other way around shouldn't it, like you said must be Thai logic ,,,, that's the thing nobody understand,,, but hey what can one do about it ,sfa.

Rubbish post. I will.be still getting a embassy letter. I can prove my funds online. Thai immigatation/Army are temporary until election lol. I loved the global.amash hit rap song to. There Chinese baby dream will be just that soon. BACK to barracks boys. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Agree with you on that, owning a condo (unfortunately can't own house/land) but owning real estate AND LIVING IN should be a sufficient reason to grant an yearly visa, it shows a person's commitment willingness to stay/invest and live in the country

Agree with you but what about the bad guys. It would be too easy for them to buy a condo.

On 11/4/2018 at 7:59 PM, Lacessit said:

The average Thai IQ is 80. Fairly low on the intelligence totem pole.

On the other hand, their social cohesion and family dedication is probably top of the tree.

It is what it is.

The average IQ of Thailand is 91 on the world rankings

Singapore has the highest followed by South Korea and Japan before getting to some European countries.

This may be interesting when looking at the children in this country:

By region, children in Bangkok demonstrated the highest average IQ at 103.4, while lowest averages were in the Northeast and South, possibly because of malnutrition during pregnancies. By background, they were from poor families and lived in remote areas. Children in 42 provinces had IQ scores higher than the international criteria. The average IQ of children living in towns was 101.5, which is significantly higher than the average IQ of children living in rural areas – 96.9.

4 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Agree with you but what about the bad guys. It would be too easy for them to buy a condo.

I am sure they can work on the details and pros and cons, bad guys will always find their way around with 400K or 800K or something else, I am concerned about the legal/good  ones

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Who ever wrote this baloney is no expert on army philosophy that's for sure. LOL..I are married and hate everything they stand for and so do the rest of the country. Game Over for the space cowboys 

sadly there is a small percentage that don't agree with you

37 minutes ago, HHTel said:

The average IQ of Thailand is 91 on the world rankings

Singapore has the highest followed by South Korea and Japan before getting to some European countries.

This may be interesting when looking at the children in this country:

Can you (or anyone) indicate where Thai people can take an international standard IQ test that is in Thai language please?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"make up these days in 2018 only a very small fraction in the grand scheme of things regards the Thai economy."

They don't care about falang residents, they have 11 million chinese and millions of Indians/Russians tourists bringing in the money. They are always blinded by big numbers. 

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

Unfortunately, IMHO you are dreaming. Not going to happen.

I suppose I could pull up roots and go to the Philippines instead. However, I'm a long way off that and can still meet the requirements reasonably easily. If the 800K was doubled to 1.6 M, that could push me over the edge. However, I think that's very unlikely.

Dont lose sight of the fact that it is the home embassies that have changed the rules here, not The Thai Immigration.  As I posted on a different thread on this topic, you have to wonder that the embassies got brassed off with so many fairly obviously down a heel folk possibly lying every year on their affidavit and it being too difficult to confirm their income, particularly if it comes from rent (turnover or net profit)?  Or annual dividends on share portfolios or other irregular but possibly genuine incomes.  Then some of these people, perhaps a few month later sometimes crying for Embassy assistance for something.  Does every embassy or consulate have to have a forensic accountant on hand to critique these peoples' accounts??

Edited by The Deerhunter

1 hour ago, AGareth2 said:

sadly there is a small percentage that don't agree with you

Who cares the army don't like or want farang. I don't give a toss what they like. It will not effect me and they will not last. Immigration will be reshuffled along with the racist stance. Hopefully some new jails built to home some VIPS

On 11/4/2018 at 4:34 PM, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

LOL

2 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Who cares the army don't like or want farang. I don't give a toss what they like. It will not effect me and they will not last. Immigration will be reshuffled along with the racist stance. Hopefully some new jails built to home some VIPS

And then you woke up and discovered it was all a dream and nothing changed.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 7:54 PM, Lacessit said:

A valid point. Governments generally don't like their citizens escaping from their control. Of course, if said governments had not screwed up the retirements of their citizens by their inaction before, during and after the GFC, they would not be seeing many of their citizens fleeing to places like Thailand.

Fleeing pleaae give us a rest