‘Big Joke’ to continue with crackdown

snoop1130

Napping the Chinese is just the tip of the iceberg, the entire government is throwing out the red carpet while sleeping with them. The Triads are here and more coming each day under business names to laundry their money looking legit.  It is already too late Big Joke! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Napping the Chinese is just the tip of the iceberg, the entire government is throwing out the red carpet while sleeping with them. The Triads are here and more coming each day under business names to laundry their money looking legit.  It is already too late Big Joke! 

I’m not sure if putting Chinese people to bed is their priority.

51 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Every Thai looks at us and thinks, does this person have a visa.:cheesy:

What a load of claptrap, most Thais have no idea about what we have to do.

Last week my wife went to do my 90 days, asked her sister to go with her, her sister asked... Why you do that, wife says have to do it every 90 days, sister asked how long you do that, since Colin came to live here my wife answered, that is crazy sister says.

True, I think most know zilch about foreign visas and just assume you're allowed to be here if you are.

All my thai family and friends also think the 90 day reports are barmy, but i guess when you've been a part of the family for many many years they almost think you would just be allowed to stay regardless.

How wrong they are 5555

• Like 2

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Sounds like he is behind schedule and desperate to nick anyone, regardless of how minor the offence and blow it up to make them look like arch villains.

Couldn't agree more with this. One of the major cruxs of the problem IMO is that these people commit themselves (or the media relate the information given incorrectly) to targets that are next to impossible to achieve. However instead of manning up and admitting they were wrong, they will give out false figures as to their progress. A lot of the illegal aliens rounded up in this are being charged with not doing 90 day reports; I have to ask myself if this is deportable in itself. Still, it adds to the figures of the bad people.

Not saying that kannot's cover of the Japanese gentleman is part of that, but he does seem to have been caught up in this purge as he seems to have had no 'wriggle' room at all.

• Like 1

Just now, lust said:

I’m not sure if putting Chinese people to bed is their priority.

You are right!  It isn't a priority and never will be since the Chinese indirectly is or will be their boss soon if not already.  The new age of Chinese rule is to fund the project and stay out of sight.

Big Joke is cleaning up what his own people have created, the Russian, Nigerians etc.. when it becomes too big of a problem an eyesore then they react.

Funny, just a few years ago Africa women selling themselves on Sukhumvit standing right in front of the police box on Nana, basically the entire Soi 3 was taken over yet nothing was done supposed to be all on student visas? 

With the Chinese with this story just small potatoes, it is too late when it becomes a problem Big Joke will find out who his real boss is?

All smoke and mirror to me.

always some one complaining about the Immigration system here 

if you stay Legal and do the proper paperwork in the time scales should have  no problems  appreciate  there will some hassle days ie long  queues waiting times go with the flow ect 

if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen comes to mind

the African guys claiming to be footballers with false paperwork   deserve the boot and kicked out 

• Like 2

Definitely a reasonable proposal to lighten the legal retirees to enjoy thailand better. Relaxing 90 days report to biannual report is a good start. It would half the workload. Retirees in Thailand normally do not create any security issues except an occasional bar brawl... 

• Like 1

It's my opinion that he is at the minute making headlines in the search for the undesirables, but for sure the only way the road carnage will begin to go away IS to stop the Coffey Money, it must run into millions of baht every month, and it is completely BLATANT. and put into place a proper training system for learner drivers. The amount of people who drive around everywhere without a licence is unreal, they get stopped and that's the end of it, because of the COFFEY MONEY. We as farangs all know in our respective countries NO Licence means NO INSURANCE, here it means COFFEY MONEY. That should be a priority, SAFER ROAD USERS. Big Joke needs another like himself dealing with the road carnage system, NO COFFEE MONEY Jail, and mandatory Drivers Testing, no licence no insurance NO DRIVING, The penalties do not match the offences. The road carnage is by far the most important thing that should be dealt with immediately.which should be started by NO COFFEY MONEY>

Edited by patrick kennedy

4 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:

How can you feel not wanted? How many countries in the world offer a person that´s only been 60-90 days in the country a possibility to get a retirement visa the same day in only a couple of hours? That with the same relaxed request of money in the bank or income as well as not many paper, in a fairly developed country?

You can just take the money in the bank that is only 800K baht here, in relation to other countries. 800K baht is about 25K dollar.

Phillipines: Between 50-75K dollar for retirement visa

Malaysia have a special program for 10 years. Financials 87-125K dollar and a monthly income of 2500 dollar. For regular retirement 37K dollar.

Vietnam do not have a retirement option, and can not be considered an option due to the lack of development.

Cambodia is totally out of the question. Lack of development and health care puts a stop to that directly.

Check your facts, Philippines is only 10k usd required for retirement..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Call it racial profiling or other names but  for sure people of a certain color do disproportionately represent the majority of the crimes committed by criminals here in thailand.  However recently  the Chinese from Taiwan, China and Malaysia do have their fair share of running scams targeting their fellow countrymen. 

Edited by Ctkong
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Any other country actively support you in finding work, this is protectionism in the extreme, to a point that families cannot function and are being forced to leave or worse break-up!!

Sounds like the USSA to me...and they certainly don't do anything to help anyone find work.

Capital requirements for any category of foreigner wanting to reside in a country are usually based upon the idea that they don't want people who are going to need state support to survive or contribute to society. Holland did a smart move when they banned any form of state assistance for the first 3 years, forcing new foreign residents to contribute and not be a burden. Thailand is only protecting itself with these laws. Sadly, there are some grey areas where people who would be beneficial to Thai society are excluded.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I have friends in the 40 to 50 age bracket, married to a Thai national and lived here for between 5 and 10 years. They've invested their savings from home to open a business for the wife to work, buying or renting property which they have fully furnished.
The spouses are not teachers so employment opportunities are scarce, most help the wives in the "family business".

Although not being able to show the now required 40,000 baht per month or the 400,000 savings they are able to live comfortable lives and contribute to society.

They're in a dilemma as what is going to happen to them next year when renewal dates come around?

They are not criminals or illegals, just ordinary people trying to make an honest go of things... how can foreigners expect to help the family situation when their hands are tied behind their backs when trying to find employment?

Any other country actively support you in finding work, this is protectionism in the extreme, to a point that families cannot function and are being forced to leave or worse break-up!!

Guess thailand only welcome retirees of a certain wealth disposition . 

20 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I have friends in the 40 to 50 age bracket, married to a Thai national and lived here for between 5 and 10 years. They've invested their savings from home to open a business for the wife to work, buying or renting property which they have fully furnished.
The spouses are not teachers so employment opportunities are scarce, most help the wives in the "family business".

Although not being able to show the now required 40,000 baht per month or the 400,000 savings they are able to live comfortable lives and contribute to society.

They're in a dilemma as what is going to happen to them next year when renewal dates come around?

They are not criminals or illegals, just ordinary people trying to make an honest go of things... how can foreigners expect to help the family situation when their hands are tied behind their backs when trying to find employment?

Perhaps you are not aware of the hoops and obstacles that await people in similar situations in the UK? Thai regulations are, by comparison, and though by no means perfect, relatively benign.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ryane66 said:

Come on, every Thai really thinks nothing of the sort. They are busy trying to survive.  Even those foreigners that may not have quite the income still contribute to Thai society and the economy. Them being forced out will hurt the economy. The majority are law abidding , trying to live a quite , happy peaceful life. 

There is a major difference between law abiding and just or not quite surviving on available income and someone who is corrupt, or a criminal, or dodgy - irrespective of how much money they have. 

I say - kick all the baddies out and review the long term good guys, even lower some of the requirements if necessary. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:

How can you feel not wanted? How many countries in the world offer a person that´s only been 60-90 days in the country a possibility to get a retirement visa the same day in only a couple of hours? That with the same relaxed request of money in the bank or income as well as not many paper, in a fairly developed country?

You can just take the money in the bank that is only 800K baht here, in relation to other countries. 800K baht is about 25K dollar.

Phillipines: Between 50-75K dollar for retirement visa

Malaysia have a special program for 10 years. Financials 87-125K dollar and a monthly income of 2500 dollar. For regular retirement 37K dollar.

Vietnam do not have a retirement option, and can not be considered an option due to the lack of development.

Cambodia is totally out of the question. Lack of development and health care puts a stop to that directly.

Check your facts: Phillipines is a bank deposit of US$10,000. Moreover the deposit can be withdrawn and used to purchase a property. 

• Like 2

Big Joke is practicing for the real big job cleaning Thailand from all those criminals, petty first like no driving license, drunk driving etc. and once everyone has a driving license is no longer on the bottle he will go after the big fish. His life expectancy is assumed to be somewhere between 500 - 600 years. 
In all fairness, clearing Thailand from foreign slime and crime is a good thing, for Thais and the legally staying aliens alike but it makes you wonder, if he is the only working person within the police force (the immigration is under the police which is under the Ministry of Interior). 

• Like 1

What can you enforce when huge number of rural folks need to go earn a living but is illiterate. Passing the driving test for motorcycles is not an option. What else when you have school children living miles away with no school bus ....?

like china in the 80’s, the police closed their eyes to these shenanigans but unlike china, Thailand is unable to enforce the rule of law after years of prosperity and public education because the rural public are unable to keep up to the mindset needed to appreciate law and order. It is in their genes. 

2 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

You are right. I should add that being in an overstaying situation doesn't mean you are a bad person or you are doing illegal things. I knew 8 years ago when overstaying was really some dudes who their only crime was overstaying. Overstayers made bad choices in their life but they are not always criminals.......

I guess in Thailand’s eyes, if you can’t afford to get legal staying long term but had overstayed, then you are a criminal!  

• Like 1